PDA

View Full Version : Dario Pissed...

NismoZ
08-15-05, 10:43 AM
Did he really say he'd sit if they don't fix the exploding wheel bearing problem? Could he be trying to break a contract? Is this the tip of a "League" driver revolt? Will he be regarded as a leader or a whiner? Stay tuned! Another "shout out to Darren Manning" during a Wheldon interview, too. Is this a calculated show of support for a compatriot who was "unfairly" axed? Is there a connection with Dario's concern? Who knows what's going on there? :confused:

Don Quixote
08-15-05, 12:43 PM
If you think he's pissed now, wait until the yen dries up. :)

oddlycalm
08-15-05, 02:43 PM
If you think he's pissed now, wait until the yen dries up. :) I'm sure the folks sitting in the cars are already acutely aware that the big money is leaving, at least any of them that are negotiating contracts right now are. Tip of the iceberg I'm guessing. It took Tony Hulman over 30yrs to piss off the teams and drivers off enough to leave to form CART. I would have thought that drivers and teams would have started raising hell a few broken backs ago. Brave enough to strap themselves into a crapwagon and get on the track with special Ed, quattro, etc. yet they don't have the stones to stand up to the Idiot In Indiana over safety issues.... :confused:

oc

RichK
08-15-05, 02:57 PM
Brave enough to strap themselves into a crapwagon and get on the track with special Ed, quattro, etc. yet they don't have the stones to stand up to the Idiot In Indiana over safety issues.... :confused:
oc

Weird, isn't it? Some of these same guys complained (rightly or wrongly) about the relative safety at Laguna Seca only a few years ago. They pretty much threatened to not race.

Yet here they are, watching cars flip into the air & drivers breaking backs left and right......and not a peep about safety.

Racing Truth
08-15-05, 03:07 PM
Ya know, one could see the thread title and think, "And this is news?" :D

oc is right, but is Dario ever happy with anything?

cart7
08-15-05, 03:20 PM
Here I thought this thread would've been Danica related. :laugh:

RacinM3
08-15-05, 03:29 PM
I would have thought that drivers and teams would have started raising hell a few broken backs ago.

No, it took separate autograph lines for that! :laugh:

pchall
08-15-05, 04:27 PM
... but is Dario ever happy with anything?

Maybe when Ashley is busy reprofiling his crank?

Rocketdoc
08-15-05, 06:53 PM
It is my opinion that every single driver and every team that participates in that stupid "neck and back crushing league", MUST sign a do not put the IRL in a bad light with mouth or actions.

I'll bet my estate in Scotland, and throw in my Bentley Mulsanne.

SteveH
08-15-05, 09:43 PM
Maybe when Ashley is busy reprofiling his crank?

:laugh:

Jervis Tetch 1
08-16-05, 12:45 AM
Maybe when Ashley is busy reprofiling his crank? :rofl: