PDA

View Full Version : Denver 3-Day...

NismoZ
08-15-05, 10:34 AM
Estimates put it at 150,000! Nice! Old record last year was 112,000. So, we can brag about a 34% increase? (or did I figure wrong? :gomer: ) Sure like to claim 3 mil. by season's end even with a short schedule.

skaven
08-15-05, 12:02 PM
I was only there on race day (and even missed the Atlantics race due to 3 rock slides on I-70 :mad: ), but the place was pretty full.

There were lines for food and drinks and business seemed brisk. I thought the threat of rain would keep away the walk-up crowd, but I guess not.

The race itself wasn't as good as last year's, but the series seemed to be favorably received yet again. I was surprised at how much Champcar, RuSport, F1, Senna etc. gear folks were sporting.

I thought street courses only attracted "event goers" in wife beaters, not race fans? :confused:

Jayblues
08-15-05, 11:27 PM
I was only there on race day (and even missed the Atlantics race due to 3 rock slides on I-70 :mad: ), but the place was pretty full.

There were lines for food and drinks and business seemed brisk. I thought the threat of rain would keep away the walk-up crowd, but I guess not.

The race itself wasn't as good as last year's, but the series seemed to be favorably received yet again. I was surprised at how much Champcar, RuSport, F1, Senna etc. gear folks were sporting.

I thought street courses only attracted "event goers" in wife beaters, not race fans? :confused:

Took me 5 hours to get home (Granby) - normally two hours.
I was in grandstand 7 - it was full. Lots of families and "casual fans". There was a 7 yr old in front of me who stood up and cheered everytime SeeBass went by, this is great to see.
Racing was fun, pit girls were even better. I will download some photos in the next 24 hours (girls and the race).

coolhand
08-15-05, 11:30 PM
TThere was a 7 yr old in front of me who stood up and cheered everytime SeeBass went by, this is great to see.

SeeBass could become another Zanardi in a few ways

Jayblues
08-17-05, 12:20 AM
well one picture anyway
Close enough (http://photobucket.com/albums/b339/jayblues/Denver%2005/?action=view&current=Picture041.jpg)

coolhand
08-17-05, 02:41 AM
well one picture anyway
Close enough (http://photobucket.com/albums/b339/jayblues/Denver%2005/?action=view&current=Picture041.jpg)
:thumbup: :thumbup:
You are getting the right idea, but you can work on the photo composition more, and ask the gals to pose too. ;)

but dont go overboard

skaven
08-17-05, 11:10 AM
I knew I was in the right place when I came onto the grounds and the Denver Bronco cheerleaders were on the right and the Coors Light girls on the left. :D

Granby's a cool town... a little whacko at times... but cool nonetheless. :cool: