PDA

View Full Version : Memo Gidley on Pinks?

TurboTodd
08-14-05, 02:23 PM
Watching the touring cars, and on the break they showed the commercial for Pinks...

"One Amateur, One Professional"

And they're racing shifter karts..

Looks like Memo.. looks like his helmet..

Anyone else see this?

Sean O'Gorman
08-14-05, 02:29 PM
I haven't watched any of this show, but I can tell you that the show is fake (duh). Travis might have the link.

theunions
08-14-05, 02:41 PM
Looks like it (http://www.pinks.tv/team.php?racer=3&page=0)

He ain't from Sacramento...

But they have Ron White too...is he in a separate part of the show, or is he regarded as the "amateur?"

I'll see what else I can find out about this today...

Sean O'Gorman
08-14-05, 03:42 PM
This Ron White? :saywhat:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00022PZ2Y.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

theunions
08-14-05, 03:53 PM
Of course not...THIS Ron White (http://ronwhiteracing.com/Ron's_bio_page.htm)

Mr. "Drunk in Public" is just a poser. ;)

Just saw the commercial for the first time during the Denver pre-race. Don't think that's "his" Trackmagic though (the #40 is a giveaway, as opposed to his standard #3 or blank), as opposed to a sacrificial one from the Russell School presumably.

One online description I found:

Karting Related: Pinks -Going for Broker
"Race car driver Memo Gidley and national Shifter Kart champion Ron White race off to see who will compete against San Francisco stockbroker Brad *******"

Opposite Lock
08-14-05, 07:01 PM
Looks like Memo.. looks like his helmet..

:D "have helmet, will travel".

"SuperSub"

Ankf00
08-14-05, 07:39 PM
"Texas just passed a law that says if you commit a murder, and there are more than two eye-witnesses who saw you commit that murder, you're going straight to death row with no appeals. Yep, you come to my state and kill someone we'll kill you right back.

Other states are trying to get rid of the death-penalty, my state's putting in an express lane!"

:laugh:

theunions
08-14-05, 07:42 PM
I can now add that this was filmed some six months ago on a drag strip, and that's all they do, drag race. The investment banker does have club level experience.

Anteater
08-15-05, 03:39 PM
I saw that ad for "Pinks", and thought that the blond guy looked like Memo...thanks for verifying.

"Pinks" may be fake, but it's entertaining nonetheless. :)

RichK
08-15-05, 03:45 PM
Is it really fake? I've only seen the commercials, but I just assumed it was real. TV is getting so weird when you can't tell the difference.

Sean O'Gorman
08-15-05, 04:21 PM
Is it really fake? I've only seen the commercials, but I just assumed it was real. TV is getting so weird when you can't tell the difference.

I believe the deal is, SPEED buys both cars before you appear on the show. Afterwards, they sell the loser his back at next to nothing.

I read about it from a link I was sent where a guy who was on the show discussed it. I guess when they threaten on the show "to keep both rides", they are serious, since the cars are now SPEED's property.

RichK
08-15-05, 04:39 PM
That makes sense. I guess if these guys were really losing their cars, the commercials would be showing grown men weeping, or beating each other up. :laugh:

theunions
08-17-05, 08:38 PM
Memo is NOT "age 29."

FCYTravis
08-17-05, 08:47 PM
Ron White is awesome :thumbup:

theunions
08-17-05, 08:53 PM
Ron White is awesome :thumbup:

Ouch! Memo told me the other day that he had lost, and I simply assumed it was against the broker...I had no clue he didn't even get that far by virtue of being smoked by Ron 2-0! :eek:

jcollins28
08-18-05, 03:37 PM
That show sucks it is not even watchable. Next to the "I like bikes and beer girls and guns." show Speed is "jumping the shark".

JohnHKart
08-18-05, 05:27 PM
That show sucks it is not even watchable. Next to the "I like bikes and beer girls and guns." show Speed is "jumping the shark".

I agree. Shows like AndE's Airline and Kneivel's Wild Ride were brilliant but I have no interest in these shows or Nascar Nation.

John