PDA

View Full Version : Official 2006 Schedule

The Doctor
08-13-05, 02:09 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9523

2006 Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford Season Schedule

Date Venue
April 9 Long Beach, California
May 13 Houston, Texas (Sat. Night)
May 21 Monterrey, Mexico
June 4 Milwaukee, Wisconsin
June 18 Portland, Oregon
June 25 Cleveland, Ohio
July 9 Toronto, Ontario, Canada
July 23 Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
July 30 San Jose, California
Aug. 13 Denver, Colorado
Aug. 27 Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Sept. 23 Las Vegas, Nevada*
Oct. 15 Ansan, Korea
Oct. 22 Surfers Paradise, Australia
Nov. 5 Mexico City, Mexico

Vegas gets the asterik because the race will be evaluated after this year's race. More races may be added, they say. So far it's good, especially placing Houston the week before Monterey.

Mark521
08-13-05, 02:09 PM
From Champ Car's website:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9523

2006 Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford Season Schedule

Date Venue
April 9 Long Beach, California
May 13 Houston, Texas (Sat. Night)
May 21 Monterrey, Mexico
June 4 Milwaukee, Wisconsin
June 18 Portland, Oregon
June 25 Cleveland, Ohio
July 9 Toronto, Ontario, Canada
July 23 Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
July 30 San Jose, California
Aug. 13 Denver, Colorado
Aug. 27 Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Sept. 23 Las Vegas, Nevada*
Oct. 15 Ansan, Korea
Oct. 22 Surfers Paradise, Australia
Nov. 5 Mexico City, Mexico

coolhand
08-13-05, 02:16 PM
still a month between Long Beach and the next race.

they should put in some tests or somthing

nrc
08-13-05, 02:17 PM
Merged threads. The Doctor comes in ahead by whisker.

Makes sense to put Philly out to 2007. 15 races is still a bit thin, but I'd rather have them announce the schedule and get TV set for the races they have and then fill in any extras later.

How about Phoenix in April to fill in that gap?

coolhand
08-13-05, 02:22 PM
How about Phoenix in April to fill in that gap?

one of the best ovals for openwheel in the country, USED to have a solid OW fan base. :shakehead

cameraman
08-13-05, 02:27 PM
So China didn't make the list.
Maybe it is one of the "we might add some more" races.
Guess it is still rather iffy.

jonovision_man
08-13-05, 04:21 PM
I noticed this:

There may be more races added as the 2005 season continues as the series continues to investigate potential race venues.

So there could easily be more than 15 by the time the dust settles.

Better NOT to announce the questionable ones (TBA's/TBC's) and then add them later IMO. Beats removing them if they don't pan out, or having to push them through if they're not right or ready.

Not a bad sched. :thumbup: And nice to see it so early too. A few minor criticisms, mostly gap-related (what happens if LV get punted for instance? huge gap there). But seems these guys are getting it together.

jono

meadors
08-13-05, 04:30 PM
I noticed this:

So there could easily be more than 15 by the time the dust settles.

Better NOT to announce the questionable ones (TBA's/TBC's) and then add them later IMO. Beats removing them if they don't pan out, or having to push them through if they're not right or ready.

Not a bad sched. :thumbup: And nice to see it so early too. A few minor criticisms, mostly gap-related (what happens if LV get punted for instance? huge gap there). But seems these guys are getting it together.

jono

Add Laguna Seca back if Las Vegas is dropped

Ankf00
08-13-05, 05:22 PM
you mean I won't have to fly 1000 miles to the nearest race? ****... what's my absence excuse supposed to be now? :gomer: I'm calling it, party on Clear Lake Fri Night, be there, or be :gomer:

Racing Truth
08-13-05, 05:53 PM
ANDDDD, any chance that any teams will still try to risk the I500 is out the window now. 'Bout time, methinks.

TKGAngel
08-13-05, 06:34 PM
ANDDDD, any chance that any teams will still try to risk the I500 is out the window now. 'Bout time, methinks.

I thought any of the teams thinking of trying for the I500 would have learned their lesson after what happened to Junky this year.

Putting making those Cleveland hotel reservations on my to-do list.

I liked how they've announced early this year. It shows the series is on good, solid footing. :thumbup:

theunions
08-13-05, 07:45 PM
So China didn't make the list.
Maybe it is one of the "we might add some more" races.
Guess it is still rather iffy.

Per Robin on Speed News: "They have a signed contract, they just don't know WHERE (my emphasis) it slots into the schedule yet."

And "Mi-Jack" Lanigan is the Houston promoter.

Sean O'Gorman
08-13-05, 08:38 PM
Damn, Cleveland is still a daytime race.

Fio1
08-13-05, 11:17 PM
Why over a month gap between round 1 & 2?

Al Czervik
08-14-05, 12:08 AM
Why over a month gap between round 1 & 2?

Sucks, but it beats the alternative, i.e. EARL running the show.

Lizzerd
08-14-05, 12:09 AM
Yeah. I hate that. They whet our appetite with the crown jewel, then four or five weeks later... Is this weekend really that sacred in Long Beach?

Lizzerd
08-14-05, 12:11 AM
Damn, Cleveland is still a daytime race.

You sure wouldn't want your cone crunching to get in the way of attending your home race, now, would you?

Sean O'Gorman
08-14-05, 12:47 AM
You sure wouldn't want your cone crunching to get in the way of attending your home race, now, would you?

driving > spectating

If there is another date conflict with a Prosolo next year, I'll try and work around it so I don't miss the race a second year in a row.

Stu
08-15-05, 03:57 PM

Dude doesn't hit a lot of cones either.

Sean O'Gorman
08-15-05, 04:19 PM
Dude doesn't hit a lot of cones either.

Don't be so sure.

http://www.axtime.com/8/123

Most cones hit were by SEAN O'GORMAN with 17 cones.

Anyway, the point is, I'll be going to at least one Champ Car race next year, even if I can't go to Cleveland.

RichK
08-15-05, 04:46 PM
Nice schedule! I agree that Phoenix after Long Beach would kick butt.

Jervis Tetch 1
08-16-05, 12:47 AM
Nice schedule! I agree that Phoenix after Long Beach would kick butt.Concur!

Stu
08-16-05, 08:44 AM
Concur!

+1 to that I love Phoenix.

Andrew Longman
08-16-05, 12:51 PM
If and when Philly gets on the schedule and if they book it for the 4 July weekend as discussed, then they will be racing on four consecutive weekends. I love that, but it will be tough on the teams.

Hoping China and Philly come through and there will be a solid 17. Ultimately I think 20 is the ideal number to keep the series in the public's attention for a concentrated but prolonged enough time.

rabbit
08-16-05, 01:11 PM
If and when Philly gets on the schedule and if they book it for the 4 July weekend as discussed, then they will be racing on four consecutive weekends. I love that, but it will be tough on the teams.
On the Audio Roundtable, RM (I think) indicated that if Philly makes the cut for '06 it will likely be held in September then move to July 4 for '07. Four in a row would be a bit much.

Wally
08-16-05, 01:20 PM
If they want to grow the Monterrey, Mexico race they need to be there in April at the latest. Speaking from experiance this is insane temps for the crews and spectators.

nrc
08-16-05, 01:30 PM
Rats, April is NASCAR for Phoenix. Long Beach wants something before their race so maybe March and then fill the gap after Long Beach with the first Pacific swing.

Of course if Milwaukee doesn't improve this year ovals are probably off the table, but replacing Vegas with a street race would leave an oval slot for Phoenix if they want to keep them.