PDA

View Full Version : First Switzer carries a high powered pistol through an airport terminal...

Ankf00
08-12-05, 12:24 AM
now an OU student "forgets" about pipe bomb in luggage...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8918879/

:rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

He one-ups Raffy in the 'sad excuse' category too

B3RACER1a
08-12-05, 12:28 AM
If he made it to acautlly blow something up, he's and idiot. If he made it for fun and forgot, he's an idiot. He cant win! LOL!

:rofl:

Lizzerd
08-12-05, 01:10 AM
The penalty for this guy should be to have a big F.I. tatooed on his forehead.

Michaelhatesfans
08-12-05, 01:46 AM
"Dreyling told investigators he made bombs for recreation and had recently set off several devices with friends in rural Oklahoma"

:saywhat:

oddlycalm
08-12-05, 02:13 AM
He should be right at home with the other droolers while he's doing his 10 in Marion.

oc

Ankf00
08-12-05, 11:56 AM
ok, this is the state of snake handlers, sudafed sold behind the counter in packets of 2 to adults only, and noodling for catfish bare-handed in the water... is anyone THAT surprised?

IlliniRacer
08-12-05, 12:49 PM
OU - easier to spell than OSU!

Of course, a friend of mine played baseball for OSU. After he signed, he called me and said "I'M GOIN' TO STILLWATER!" My reply was "Who the he** did you pi** off and what did you do to deserve it?"

G.
08-12-05, 01:35 PM
1). Guy's an idiot.

2). Um, who here has NOT ever used, er, homemade explosives for recreation?

(I have never fashioned anything out of pipe, but have been present to see other's work. Shrapnel scares me (for some odd reason) but pvc does seem to disintegrate rather effectively.)

Ankf00
08-12-05, 01:55 PM
1). Guy's an idiot.

(I have never fashioned anything out of pipe, but have been present to see other's work. Shrapnel scares me (for some odd reason) but pvc does seem to disintegrate rather effectively.)

*raises hand*

I may have destroyed stuff, I never detonated anything however. And I CERTAINLY wouldn't "forget" it in my carry-on!!

cameraman
08-12-05, 02:10 PM
Folks in Utah know how to do it right.
This is (was) a 4 lane highway.

http://homepage.mac.com/datkinso/.Pictures/crater.jpg

That's what happens when you roll a semi hauling 35,500 pounds of mining explosives.

It only took 350 truck loads of roadbase to fill the hole...

Stewart and his co-driver, Troy Lysfjord, 37, of Blackfoot, Idaho, who said they had been through the canyon several times and were familiar with its dangers, were hauling 17 pallets with 40 explosive devices per pallet. Each device was a cylinder 29 1/2 inches long and 2 to 3 inches in diameter, coated in orange plastic, Peay said. The pair were on their way from Ensign-Bickford Co. in Spanish Fork to Oklahoma when the truck tipped on its right side and tore open just before 2 p.m. The two men told investigators they saw flames coming from the rear of the tractor and ran from the truck. They said they shouted at other travelers and bystanders to get out of the area. Three minutes after the wreck, the explosives blew all at once. The force of the blast vaporized the truck, tore chunks out of the canyon wall, set more than a dozen fires and gouged a 30-foot-deep hole in the highway. The explosion shoved aside the Union Pacific rail line 50 feet from the highway and blew the sunglasses off bewildered landscapers working on the roadside 10 miles away, officials said.
Twenty-five highway workers toiled around the clock, hauling 350 loads of road base material in snowplow trucks - minus their blades - to the site. It took 4,500 tons of material to fill and resurface the road, said UDOT spokesman Nile Easton.

Oh yeah, there was a Jersey barrier down the side of the road. Nine sections have gone missing. They were blown back into gravel. :eek:

Michaelhatesfans
08-12-05, 07:27 PM

I'll admit to some spooky Estes Rockets experiments ("say....I wonder if the charge blows the parachute out would......" :eek: ) But I'm with you. No metal shrapnel. I'm more of a fireball guy. And forgetting it's in your luggage means that at one point you actually ****ing packed it! As you said, the guy's an idiot.

oddlycalm
08-13-05, 02:51 PM
2). Um, who here has NOT ever used, er, homemade explosives for recreation? Youthful entertainment in a deserted gravel pit yes, party favors and traveling companion no.

oc

Ankf00
08-13-05, 05:21 PM
Youthful entertainment in a deserted gravel pit yes, party favors and traveling companion no.

oc

:rofl: classic.