PDA

View Full Version : Free Race Director again

cameraman
08-11-05, 01:39 PM
The last time they did it they liked the results so they are doing it again for Denver.

Sean O'Gorman
08-11-05, 01:41 PM
Are they going to issue refunds to the paying customers too?

cameraman
08-11-05, 01:43 PM

The very definition of whiner :shakehead

RusH
08-11-05, 10:14 PM
http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/wave.gif

No Friday video, only a few driver audios, Blue Man Group when switching feeds...and now, another free for all.
Yup, count me in too. Don`t worry, I won`t whine next year since I won`t renew. I won`t need to obviously.

CART T. Katz
08-11-05, 11:47 PM

i think that's a very valid concern. unless they aren't opening up the archives, what's the point of subscribing when everyone else gets the same content for free?

although i hope that the people who like it are inclined to subscribe, as a paying customer, i hope this is the last weekend for this or else give me a prorated refund.

Lizzerd
08-11-05, 11:52 PM
Me too. If they're giving it away, why am I still paying? I only pay for it for the race weekend stuff, anyway. T&S, some video, etc. I have all the races on tape so I'll never use the archives. Besides that, I have never had any of the pit to car radio work.

cameraman
08-12-05, 01:56 AM
Fine why don't you all write to Intel and tell them you do not want them sponsoring Champ Car because there is no need for them to try to get more fans interested. Screw over the series because you are not getting your proper value for the $2.14 you invested in each race.

Do you have any idea how much the race director band width must be costing CCWS? Did it ever occur to you that the Intel deal did not exist at the beginning of the season and they had no way of knowing that they would have the ability to put it up for free in August?

Now you want them to cut you a check for $2.14?
My God people, grow up.
Do you want this series to survive or not?

CART T. Katz
08-12-05, 02:12 AM
did it ever occur to you that if intel is paying for all the bandwidth, then why do they still need the majority of my money?

this isn't about series growth. this is about a service.

i have no problems with intel sponsorship. but i think that it's a valid concern that something that was a pay service is being provided for for free without any refund of future use to the current subscribers.

if intel sponsored it the rest of the year and i got whatever is left of the yearly fee i paid for refunded, i don't say a word. until then, i'm not happy. if intel sponsorship pays only for the current race weekend, fine, but if a lot of the cost of the subscription is for the live telemetry and not the archives then i want some money coming back my way.

think of it this way: you paid for a yearly satelite radio service in a particular brand of car. said car manufacturer six months later said that as a thank you for buying their cars, all future customers would recieve the same satelite package that you paid for for free for six months.

if you only had a one year subscription, wouldn't you feel a bit upset that you are essentially paying for a now free service and weren't going to be reimbursed for the rest of the year?

cameraman
08-12-05, 02:19 AM
Cable and satellite systems do it all the time. Ever heard of free weekends for HBO or Showtime? Do you get a refund on your cable bill?

You paid for access to Race Director for a year. That is what you are getting.

Lizzerd
08-12-05, 03:40 AM
Fine why don't you all write to Intel and tell them you do not want them sponsoring Champ Car because there is no need for them to try to get more fans interested. Screw over the series because you are not getting your proper value for the $2.14 you invested in each race.

Do you have any idea how much the race director band width must be costing CCWS? Did it ever occur to you that the Intel deal did not exist at the beginning of the season and they had no way of knowing that they would have the ability to put it up for free in August?

My God people, grow up.

I'm not going to miss a house payment after paying the $24.95 yearly (or whatever it was) for Race Director. I gladly paid it, and all I can do with your proposed $2.14 per week is buy almost another gallon of gasoline. If it seemed like I was complaining, maybe there should be a half-sarcastic smilie to go along with that. I'm not arguing with your point, cameraman, But, there's this thing called "principle", you know? :D

I do indeed give a big :thumbup: to Intel and the Blue Man Group for their support and sponsorship. You are right. The more the better.

KLang
08-12-05, 09:26 AM
I think I'm getting my moneys worth from RD. Heck, the money involved here is a drop in the bucket compared to what I spend going to a couple races a year.

fourrunner
08-12-05, 10:20 AM
I think I'm getting my moneys worth from RD. Heck, the money involved here is a drop in the bucket compared to what I spend going to a couple races a year.

But some people are diapering their baby's with Newspapers !! ;);)

KLang
08-12-05, 10:23 AM
But some people are diapering their baby's with Newspapers !! ;);)

I'll start saving mine so I can contribute to the cause. :D

skaven
08-12-05, 10:43 AM
My God people, grow up.

From one mountain range to another, good post! :thumbup:

CART T. Katz
08-12-05, 11:43 AM
Cable and satellite systems do it all the time. Ever heard of free weekends for HBO or Showtime? Do you get a refund on your cable bill?

You paid for access to Race Director for a year. That is what you are getting.

difference is, it's a weekend, not for 6 months possibly.

like i said, i have no problem with it as long as its a few weekends that spurs subscriptions such as what would happen with a free hbo or showtime weekend.

Sean O'Gorman
08-12-05, 11:58 AM
Honestly, despite my earlier statement, it doesn't bug me. I figured Race Director was worth the $25 or $35 or whatever it was a year and I paid for it. I got my money's worth by watching old races all day in class this past spring. :D

But, obviously, you can see how others would be upset.

Opposite Lock
08-13-05, 02:53 PM
http://www.runemasterstudios.com/graemlins/images/wave.gif

Blue Man Group when switching feeds...

Don't switch feeds. Open all six video feeds in separate windows and arrange them on your screen so you can see them all simultaneously, and leave them on. You only get the Blue Men when you first open each feed.