PDA

View Full Version : No Sebring

RusH
08-10-05, 10:14 AM
http://highlandstoday.com/MGBXJP8M6CE.html
:cry:

Oh well. I got this reading the ALMS forums. The first reply is from briankeske, as usual. :shakehead
If I`m going to remain a fan of ALMS, I must stop reading threads over there. :saywhat:

G.
08-10-05, 11:01 AM
Without naming names, it really amazes me that someone could love ALMS and the earl, while hating ChampCar. How does that work? I can understand loving them all (understand, not agree with them), but a racing fan choosing earl over CC?? :confused:

sux on Sebring.

Sean O'Gorman
08-10-05, 11:06 AM
Without naming names, it really amazes me that someone could love ALMS and the earl, while hating ChampCar. How does that work? I can understand loving them all (understand, not agree with them), but a racing fan choosing earl over CC?? :confused:

sux on Sebring.

They see Champ Car as competition and were upset when ALMS was considered second fiddle to Champ Car at Miami in '03.

And yeah, ALMS forums are wierd. You could go for days without hearing anyone discuss a driver or actual on track discussion, but find countless threads about fantasy car counts for the next season.

trauma1
08-10-05, 11:28 AM
i really didn't see any advantage for ccws to be a sebring at that time, f st pete, go across the bay and race

extramundane
08-10-05, 12:01 PM
They see Champ Car as competition and were upset when ALMS was considered second fiddle to Champ Car at Miami in '03.

There are also those who have blind devotion to Don Panoz and figure that since he's an IRL constructor, it must be better than ChampCar. Of course, they're usually the same people who preach Grand-Am hatred to the most extreme degree*, yet have no problem with their beloved IRL sharing weekends with The Enemy.

*Note: I only preach Grand-Am hatred to a fairly extreme degree.

You could go for days without hearing anyone discuss a driver or actual on track discussion, but find countless threads about fantasy car counts for the next season.

Well, name me a series forum that doesn't do that.

TravelGal
08-10-05, 12:04 PM
Very mixed feelings about this. Sebring. Wow. Just the name. To race there. Great. But to add CC as an appendage to something else. :p It's like racing after the NASCAR trucks in Vegas. :p :p

From a personal standpoint, I'm in Tampa from March 3-10 every year. The date just killed me. I would consider Sebring a second "home race." I couldn't miss it! But I couldn't stay so I'd have to fly BACK from California.

As to the article, at least the guy said CC abandoned the St. Pete race. Up to now articles have said we lost the St. Pete race. Subtle but useful turn of the opinion tide.

trauma1
08-10-05, 12:15 PM
so what are they going to say in panoz build the next ccws chassis, , and he very well may

mueber
08-10-05, 12:27 PM
Too bad but not a suprise; another example of why CCWS is scheduling so many street races.

Hopefully Sebring is the last time we try to do business with people who don't care about us. Take a hint folks, when your girl-friend says something like, "Not only are you fat and ugly, you're stupid too," it's a good bet she doesn't love you.

If KK and GF now have the good sense to stop pursing venues that don't care because the purists on this forum think they "ought to" in favor of street courses that are enthusiastic about Champ Car being there, I'm all for it.

extramundane
08-10-05, 12:54 PM
Too bad but not a suprise; another example of why CCWS is scheduling so many street races.

Hopefully Sebring is the last time we try to do business with people who don't care about us. Take a hint folks, when your girl-friend says something like, "Not only are you fat and ugly, you're stupid too," it's a good bet she doesn't love you.

If KK and GF now have the good sense to stop pursing venues that don't care because the purists on this forum think they "ought to" in favor of street courses that are enthusiastic about Champ Car being there, I'm all for it.

Just because a handful of Indy-centric ALMS forum posters bash CC at every opportunity doesn't mean that IMSA management "don't care about us." Successfully integrating ChampCar into the Sebring weekend would have been tricky at best; that this particular deal fell apart doesn't end the possibility of shared events for next year.

Racing Truth
08-10-05, 01:35 PM

And yeah, ALMS forums are wierd. You could go for days without hearing anyone discuss a driver or actual on track discussion, but find countless threads about fantasy car counts for the next season.

What, they aren't discussing those epic 4-car P1 fields? :gomer:

:runs: ;)