PDA

View Full Version : Eurointernational to field CCWS team in 2006

jonovision_man
08-10-05, 08:10 AM
Per Autosport...

"I feel my team is now ready to be competitive in Champ Car," Ferrari said. "I feel it is an opportunity. I was planning to do Pan American Formula Renault V6 and I had sponsorship for that and drivers. But that failed.

"Then we worked on a programme to have Renault V6 replace Formula Atlantic from 2006 but that failed. Then I could either lose the sponsorship or save the sponsorship by offering something else - and that is Champ Car."

The Champ Car team is likely to start testing next month, possibly with Italian Enrico Toccacelo as the team's driver.

"My first choice is Enrico if he is available," Ferrari confirmed. "Not only because he is from Rome but because he is a great talent and he has a potential sponsor that can help him. If it is not him it will be other European drivers without Champ Car experience.

"Personally think without oval racing is basically a European style of racing. If you have experience of driving with a ground-effect car then there is no magic to Champ Car driving.

"If a guy like Andrew Ranger who was racing against me two years ago in Renault is able to qualify on the second row of the grid in Champ Car I think I know enough drivers that can be good at that level."

Not sure what to make of this... sounds from the interview like he is still grasping for sponsorship to make this happen. Not sure I'm all that keen on his flippant attitude toward driver selection either... we shall see.

jono

trauma1
08-10-05, 08:51 AM
:confused: reynards or Lolas, how many lola are still available, i quess he could by new but that doesn't make sense either

extramundane
08-10-05, 12:04 PM
Is this the same as the old Euromotorsport outfit? I seem to recall a Ferrari (Antonio?) being in charge of that group too. If so, call me underwhelmed...

trauma1
08-10-05, 12:13 PM
yep the one in the same :saywhat:

JLMannin
08-10-05, 12:20 PM
Is this the same as the old Euromotorsport outfit? I seem to recall a Ferrari (Antonio?) being in charge of that group too. If so, call me underwhelmed...

IIRC, this was the team that ran Arie Luyendyk in CART in 1994 with Sal Incadella (sp?) as the crew cheif, right?

cameraman
08-10-05, 12:32 PM
Interesting list of drivers

1989 Scott Atchison (Portland, Cleveland and Meadowlands only)
1989 Tero Palmroth (Pocono only)
1989 Jean-Pierre Frey (Phoenix, Detroit and Portland only)
1989 Guido Dacco (Mid-Ohio only)
1989 Davy Jones (Indianapolis only)

1990 Guido Dacco (Phoenix only)
1990 Tony Bettenhausen Jr (Long Beach only)
1990 Mike Groff

1991 Nicola Marozzo (Vancouver, Mid-Ohio and Elkhart Lake only)
1991 Roberto Guerrero (Toronto only)
1991 Franco Scapini (Surfer's Paradise only)
1991 Jeff Wood
1991 Mike Groff

1992 Jovy Marcelo (Surfer's Paradise, Phoenix, Long Beach and Indianapolis only)
1992 Nicola Marozzo (Surfer's Paradise and Portland only)
1992 Vinicio Salmi (Portland, Toronto, Elkhart Lake, Vancouver and Laguna Seca only)
1992 Guido Dacco (Nazareth only)
1992 Steve Chassey (Milwaukee, Loudon and Michigan only)
1992 Mike Groff (Milwaukee and Loudon only)
1992 Jeff Wood (Mid-Ohio only)
1992 George Snider (Michigan only)
1992 Fabrizio Barbazza (Indianapolis only)
1992 Tero Palmroth (Cleveland only)
1992 Christian Danner

1993 Andrea Montermini (Surfer's Paradise, Detroit, Toronto and Vancouver only)
1993 Andrea Chiesa (Surfer's Paradise only)
1993 Davy Jones (Indianapolis only)
1993 Christian Danner (Cleveland, Elkhart Lake and Laguna Seca only)
1993 Jeff Wood
1993 David Kudrave

1994 Franck Fréon (Vancouver and Elkhart Lake only)
1994 Alessandro Zampedri (Surfer's Paradise and Long Beach only)
1994 David Kudrave (Surfer's Paradise and Long Beach only)
1994 Jeff Andretti (Phoenix only)
1994 Giovanni Lavaggi (Detroit only)
1994 Jeff Wood

Sean O'Gorman
08-10-05, 12:45 PM
IIRC, this was the team that ran Arie Luyendyk in CART in 1994 with Sal Incadella (sp?) as the crew cheif, right?

That was Indy Regency.

devilmaster
08-10-05, 12:56 PM
This team's record isn't anything to cheer about, but if you want to look at it from a half-full kind of way, I suppose the thought that one of the old teams says they can possibly make it work in the new CC, shows that costs are being controlled and that they like the direction of the new leadership.

One would hope that this is the first of a few teams that come back, and teams that may hold off for next year, but are patiently waiting for the specs and pricetags of 2007 equipment.

L1P1
08-10-05, 07:33 PM
Shouldn't the subject of this thread be....

"FERRARI TO CHAMP CARS!!!!!"

:gomer:

TorontoWorker
08-10-05, 07:43 PM
1993 Andrea Montermini (Surfer's Paradise, Detroit, Toronto and Vancouver only)

I think I remember this team now. Didn't this team have a red paint job?? I do recall that Montermini had a crash during the Toronto race and all I saw of him was him going sideways past our station at unabated speed and taking out 2 rows or more of tires at corner 3 that year. They said he spoke perfect english when he got out of the car in a rather unsteady state. In fact his perfect english consisted of words in exactly four letters each, repeated over and over... :rofl:

cameraman
08-10-05, 08:19 PM
Montermini just got a new ride
He came in 10th in the Brno FIA GT race this year.
He ran the #24 Ferrari 575 Maranello GTC.
It's a new team and that was their first race.

extramundane
08-10-05, 08:40 PM
I think I remember this team now. Didn't this team have a red paint job?? I do recall that Montermini had a crash during the Toronto race and all I saw of him was him going sideways past our station at unabated speed and taking out 2 rows or more of tires at corner 3 that year. They said he spoke perfect english when he got out of the car in a rather unsteady state. In fact his perfect english consisted of words in exactly four letters each, repeated over and over... :rofl:

Red & white. The only picture I could find was from '94 w/ Johnny Carwash at the wheel:

http://f1rejects.com/drivers/lavaggi/large/94-cart-unknown.jpg

Dr. Corkski
08-10-05, 09:43 PM
This team's record isn't anything to cheer about, but if you want to look at it from a half-full kind of way, I suppose the thought that one of the old teams says they can possibly make it work in the new CC, shows that costs are being controlled and that they like the direction of the new leadership.

One would hope that this is the first of a few teams that come back, and teams that may hold off for next year, but are patiently waiting for the specs and pricetags of 2007 equipment.They can't even make it work in the Renault World Series. :gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
08-11-05, 01:05 AM
Good if true, but his history makes me cringe.

cameraman
08-11-05, 01:15 AM
EuroInternational did pretty well in Formula Renault V6 Eurocup but the Formula Renault 3.5 series has been less than kind.

Giorgio Mondini drove for EuroInternational in 2003 & 2004 and won the 2004 F.R. V6 Eurocup title. In 2003 Mondini finished the season in 7th place. Not bad.

But this year EuroInternational has just sucked. Mondini is in 22nd place overall having failed to finish 8 of the 11 races so far this season. This is after qualifying in the mid-twenties for most races. Talk about going from first to worst.

Their second driver, Matteo Meneghello, was suspended for four races for a yellow flag violation and crash into an other car. When he is running he is qualifying in the twenties and finishing in the high teens.

I don't know what the hell happened to these guys between 2004 and 2005 but it ain't good whatever it was.

theunions
08-11-05, 03:06 AM
Red & white. The only picture I could find was from '94 w/ Johnny Carwash at the wheel:

http://f1rejects.com/drivers/lavaggi/large/94-cart-unknown.jpg

That's actually a Leader Cards entry Carwash shared with Lazier.

The '93 entry, with which Montermini had a career best 4th at Detroit, was typically black with yellow trim.

Anyone got photos of Marcelo's '92 rides prior to Indy? I seem to recall an all-gold car at Surfer's.