PDA

View Full Version : Peter Jennings

B3RACER1a
08-07-05, 11:59 PM
Just learned that he died of lung cancer today. He was a regular smoker till 20 years ago. :(

trish
08-08-05, 12:02 AM
Just learned that he died of lung cancer today. He was a regular smoker till 20 years ago. :(
I too just came upon the news via CNN. RIP Peter. :(

Ankf00
08-08-05, 12:37 AM
I too just came upon the news via CNN. RIP Peter. :(
peter never bitched about "treehuggers" therefore he's not allowed around here ;) remember that bit

TKGAngel
08-08-05, 08:28 AM
peter never bitched about "treehuggers" therefore he's not allowed around here ;) remember that bit

Yeah, but he was Canadian, so that makes him automatically cool.

RIP, Peter.

KLang
08-08-05, 09:41 AM
Yeah, but he was Canadian, so that makes him automatically cool.

Didn't he get his US citizenship just a few years ago?

RIP Mr. Jennings.

RaceGrrl
08-08-05, 12:01 PM
He became a US citizen just two years ago, and voted in his first and only election right after that.

dando
08-08-05, 06:43 PM
RIP, Peter. One of the all-time great braodcasters. :cry:

-Kevin

fourrunner
08-08-05, 08:29 PM
I was lucky enough to be able to chat with Peter at a Cocktail Party connected to the Dedication of the Constitution Center .. He seemed really interested in My Custom Furniture & Cabinetmaking Business, and the Creativity involved ... He asked smart questions, not just off handed stuff ... He was a real Gentleman ... He made his way around the room and seemed to talk with everyone ... didn't leave early either!

I've watched him since his first try at Anchoring at ABC in the 60's

I kind of knew that things had to be bad when he didn't return even once after his announcement

When you watch someone bring you News both Good & Bad for so many years, you kind of feel he's a friend

Life is funny .... Peter was 67 ... Walter Cronkite is almost 90, sharp as a tack, and Dating !!

dando
08-10-05, 10:13 PM
I was lucky enough to be able to chat with Peter at a Cocktail Party connected to the Dedication of the Constitution Center .. He seemed really interested in My Custom Furniture & Cabinetmaking Business, and the Creativity involved ... He asked smart questions, not just off handed stuff ... He was a real Gentleman ... He made his way around the room and seemed to talk with everyone ... didn't leave early either!

I've watched him since his first try at Anchoring at ABC in the 60's

I kind of knew that things had to be bad when he didn't return even once after his announcement

When you watch someone bring you News both Good & Bad for so many years, you kind of feel he's a friend

Life is funny .... Peter was 67 ... Walter Cronkite is almost 90, sharp as a tack, and Dating !!
Ja, I thought of the irony of Walter still living when I learned about Peter's death. IMHO, the two are very much alike...especiallly after watching the memoriam tonight piece on ABC. So many memories from Challenger to OK City to 9/11. I still have the Challenger and 9/11 tragedies recorded with him 'helping' everyone through it.

Kudos to ABC for a great memoriam. :thumbup:

:cry:

-Kevin