PDA

View Full Version : BAR On The Salt Flats

JoeBob
08-05-05, 02:52 PM
http://www.indyracereports.com/2005/Articles/BARHondaAtB'villeAug.htm

dando
08-05-05, 03:00 PM
Today they cleaned the car up somewhat and took it down to the historic Wendover, UT WW II airport, where ironically, the B-29 crews that dropped the first two atomic bombs were trained (I wonder if the Honda people knew that, but if they had any tech people here, they were from Europe, not Japan). The old Base Operations building can be seen behind the car, and the "Enola Gay Hangar" is several buildings down to the right.

:eek:

-Kevin

cameraman
08-05-05, 03:45 PM
They are lucky there was a tornado out there a couple days ago...

oddlycalm
08-07-05, 04:01 PM
The pics of the BAR on an open trailer being towed around by that old Caddie convertible are priceless and I'd love to have a high rez shot to print. The sublime and ridiculous all in one wonderful shot. :cool:

I'd put it right next to my pic of a very nice looking woman in full equestrian gear, complete with riding crop, astride a large ostrich. :D

oc

2DB
08-08-05, 01:53 PM
A friend of mine named Woody was contracted by BAR to supply the transporter for this venture. The crew guys were awe struck, is how he told me, with the size of his rig. It seems the haulers across the pond are smaller,I guess, because the roads they travel are quite narrow.

Kelvis

P.S. As a side note Woody has a great sense of humor, his company is named
Team
Indy
Transport
System

JoeBob
08-08-05, 05:54 PM
The pics of the BAR on an open trailer being towed around by that old Caddie convertible are priceless and I'd love to have a high rez shot to print. The sublime and ridiculous all in one wonderful shot. :cool:

Yep. You don't see this every day:

http://www.indyracereports.com/2005/Content/BARHon19.jpg

oddlycalm
08-09-05, 03:45 PM
Yep. You don't see this every day No kidding. About all you'd need to complete that pic in a sign on the fence that said "Area 51." ;)

oc