PDA

View Full Version : IRL Implements Danica-Related Changes

pressdog
08-04-05, 11:34 PM
With the great success of the Danica-only autograph line, the IRL is making a few more changes.

:) IRL Implements Danica-Related Changes (http://pressdog.blogspot.com)

Kiwifan
08-04-05, 11:36 PM
:)

Rusty.

Ozarkian
08-05-05, 12:15 AM
Another good one. Thanks.

cart7
08-05-05, 05:30 AM
:laugh:

RacinM3
08-05-05, 10:36 AM
Hahahaha....they should put a red "tracer" on her for the races....just like Fox did with the hockey puck. Remember? It glowed, then streaked red when it accelerated rapidly, like from a slap shot. Maybe they could make her glow, then streak red as she accelerates to the back of the pack. :laugh:

nrc
08-05-05, 11:01 AM
This just in.

Brian Barnhart has decided that it's unfair for Danica to race with a hand and wrist that are sore from signing 10 times more autographs than the rest of IRL field.

To alliviate this problem they will return to one line and require each of the other drivers to sign their share of autographs for Danica. All IRL drivers will be required to practice signing "Race to win, Love Danica" in Danica's writing across an 8X10 glossy of her leather shod booty splayed across the hood of a car.

This will allow fans to approach any of the drivers for Danica's autograph. Danica will be on hand to personalize each autograph by dotting the 'i's with little hearts.

pchall
08-05-05, 11:12 AM
Hahahaha....they should put a red "tracer" on her for the races....just like Fox did with the hockey puck. Remember? It glowed, then streaked red when it accelerated rapidly, like from a slap shot. Maybe they could make her glow, then streak red as she accelerates to the back of the pack. :laugh:

You know what, that bit of Fox innovation really turned me off to their NHL broadcasts. I've never had any trouble following the puck on tv.

Does that make me Canuckian, eh?

dando
08-05-05, 11:31 AM
You know what, that bit of Fox innovation really turned me off to their NHL broadcasts. I've never had any trouble following the puck on tv.

Does that make me Canuckian, eh?
No. Just sober. :D

-Kevin

High Sided
08-05-05, 01:12 PM
hockey's back, go Blues!

great article :thumbup:

G.
08-05-05, 05:02 PM
Thanks, 'dog!

Also, too bad the announcers were almost rational for the Michigan race. Didn't give you as much material as they usually do.

[confession:] I have been watching the earl races because the announcing team has been effin hilarious with DanicaMania. No, I'm not a Nielsen family. [\confession]

I keep waiting for the team to do the "Tesh moment". "There's magic in the air.

Can you feel it?"

pressdog
08-05-05, 07:37 PM
Thanks, 'dog!

Also, too bad the announcers were almost rational for the Michigan race. Didn't give you as much material as they usually do.

[confession:] I have been watching the earl races because the announcing team has been effin hilarious with DanicaMania. No, I'm not a Nielsen family. [\confession]

I keep waiting for the team to do the "Tesh moment". "There's magic in the air.

Can you feel it?"
I agree, Scott and Todd were way less crazy this time. I think Scott is cooling off on the Danica Mania, actually. He didn't say anything zany like "she's biding her time" whe she was a lap down and in 18th. But they came back strong by going to Chip every five minutes. I swear, he was on camera about 30 minutes during the race. Crazy. Even Mike Andretti was getting jealous.

RichK
08-05-05, 07:43 PM
He didn't say anything zany like "she's biding her time" whe she was a lap down and in 18th.

...or "she's actually biding her time". :)

Jervis Tetch 1
08-05-05, 09:00 PM
...or "she's actually biding her time". :) :laugh:

Racing Truth
08-06-05, 02:14 PM
...or "she's actually biding her time". :)

ROTFLMAO!!! :laugh:

fourrunner
08-06-05, 02:28 PM
I've heard reports that Neil Harris is the Nations Champion "***** doner" specificly during IRL Races !! ;) ... Good for him !!

oddlycalm
08-06-05, 02:30 PM
going to Chip every five minutes. I swear, he was on camera about 30 minutes during the race. You know, I can honestly say that I have never once missed seeing that nasty porcine sack of organic fertilizer in a Champcar broadcast. :D :thumbup: Given a choice between Fatassi and Danicle I'll take Rachel Wacholder every time.

oc