08-03-05, 03:11 PM
oh are the gomers going to be pissed
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9481

CHAMPCARS4EVER
08-03-05, 03:19 PM
:D :D :D :D

JoeBob
08-03-05, 03:20 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me. I'd heard that Toyota had commissioned a fleet of Scions to be the new racecar for the Celebrity race.

Also note that Trans Am isn't listed as a support event - might that be a hint that ALMS will indeed replace TransAm at the LBGP?

coolhand
08-03-05, 03:38 PM
but people were saying that toyota was abandoning KK's sinking ship :confused: :gomer:

extramundane
08-03-05, 03:47 PM
Also note that Trans Am isn't listed as a support event - might that be a hint that ALMS will indeed replace TransAm at the LBGP?

I'd say it's more a confirmation that OWRS is indeed relinquishing the Trans Am name.

dando
08-03-05, 04:04 PM
Sounds like a good deal to me. I'd heard that Toyota had commissioned a fleet of Scions to be the new racecar for the Celebrity race.
:saywhat:

NFW! Scions racing?!? :shakehead

-Kevin

Winston Wolfe
08-03-05, 04:17 PM

-Kevin

There is NO Celica for 2006.... TMS, USA said goodbye to that one.

The Scion tc is an "interesting" car, available with a host of mods, some underhood and some bolt-on parts for aero look, but are a great value for the money.

If they do it, they'll be "interesting" to say the least.... lightweight, fer sure !

dando
08-03-05, 04:27 PM
There is NO Celica for 2006.... TMS, USA said goodbye to that one.

The Scion tc is an "interesting" car, available with a host of mods, some underhood and some bolt-on parts for aero look, but are a great value for the money.

If they do it, they'll be "interesting" to say the least.... lightweight, fer sure !
Cripes. Bring on SOG and the Mr2s. ;)

-Kevin

Rus'L
08-03-05, 04:39 PM
I'd say it's more a confirmation that OWRS is indeed relinquishing the Trans Am name.

Not at all.

cameraman
08-03-05, 04:46 PM

-Kevin

Some of the weekend cone-killers around here have Scion tCs that they have dumped a fair amount of money into. They are actually pretty quick overall and within their price range they are downright fast.

RacinM3
08-03-05, 04:51 PM
Yeah, wtf? Celicas, Scions, they're all the same.....

mueber
08-03-05, 05:07 PM
Good news for all us wine and cheese types.

Remember the Gomers don't like "events" unless they are part of the "vision". I'm sure it's, "Good ridance you rice-sucking furniners. We don't need you and yur street parades anyways."

Sean O'Gorman
08-03-05, 05:07 PM
The Scion tC isn't fast by any means. That giant glass sunroof is heavy as all hell, and placed in the worst possible location. Every Scion I've seen autocross has sucked it up horribly. In fact, every Toyota/Scion in the 2006 lineup blows.

cameraman
08-03-05, 05:10 PM
The two that I have seen around here do not have sunroofs and they are quite fast. I don't know what they have done to them but there is no doubting their speed.

Winston Wolfe
08-03-05, 05:22 PM
they come standard with 160HP, and with a bolt on Supercharger, I think they get 200 HP pretty easily.

with airbags, safety enhancements and a host of other 21st century enhancements, I'm sure they have NUTTIN' on SOG's mr-TWO....

whatever they race at the Celebrity gig at the LBGP, it tends to be a drone fest these days, with the pros catching the "stars" :rolleyes: pretty quickly and there havent been many cool wrecks since Donny Osmond rolled his ride in T1 back in the first year of the "fountain \ aquarium " remodel.

"oh what a feeling"..... thanks, Toyota.

Maybe they will bring their new Cup Car, and Busch Car for some product demos next year, so that people can see how a stock Camry with a V6 and FWD can be converted into a RWD V8 pushrod "stock car"..... LOL ! :D

RichK
08-03-05, 05:25 PM
I like the Scion tC, it looks great and would be a cool little commuter car.

Hey, any car where you can change the backlight colors on the sound system can't be all bad! :)

----

Great news about Toyota. I feel good about being a double Toyota owner again. :gomer:

Rogue Leader
08-03-05, 05:37 PM
My friend has a Scion xA its a great car. We fold down the rear seats and can get a lot of crap in the back. Has a built in 6 disc CD/MP3 player, And it is a little peppy. Of course my Trans Am will run circles around it but for a tiny car its pretty darn good.

Sean O'Gorman
08-03-05, 05:37 PM
they come standard with 160HP, and with a bolt on Supercharger, I think they get 200 HP pretty easily.

with airbags, safety enhancements and a host of other 21st century enhancements, I'm sure they have NUTTIN' on SOG's mr-TWO....

Trust me, when it comes to autocross, it isn't even close. No FWD car in stock form is.

Today's cars are too heavy and have too many accessories. Even the new Miata coming out this summer is starting to push the upper limits of what a sports car should weigh.

indyfan31
08-03-05, 07:03 PM
but people were saying that toyota was abandoning KK's sinking ship :confused: :gomer:
I think Wilke's ("I've seen no evidence of that") keyboard just spontanously combusted.

NismoZ
08-03-05, 08:44 PM
Am I the only guy that thinks it'd be a little more "appropriate" to have the Cosworth/Ford Focus Celebrity Race...Brought to you by... FORD and Bridgestone Tires!? That's OK, Toyota dealers drop a bundle on this event.

Al Czervik
08-03-05, 08:48 PM
I think Wilke's ("I've seen no evidence of that") keyboard just spontanously combusted.

Meltdowns get real messy in an igloo :laugh:

TRDfan
08-03-05, 09:25 PM
Maybe they will bring their new Cup Car, and Busch Car for some product demos next year, so that people can see how a stock Camry with a V6 and FWD can be converted into a RWD V8 pushrod "stock car"..... LOL ! :D

Just look for the one from PPI Motorsports.

Yes, the tC will be the car for the pro/celeb race. I had some info cross my desk a few weeks ago about that so I was pretty sure that it was (almost) a done deal.

oddlycalm
08-04-05, 01:15 PM
Toyota Motor Sales and the Southern California Toyota Dealers Association renewed and the new 5yr deal is in place. :thumbup:

oc

Sean O'Gorman
08-04-05, 01:20 PM
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8483

racer2c
08-04-05, 01:48 PM
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8483

You're supposed to say "welcome to yesterday". :)

TRDfan
08-04-05, 02:21 PM
Wilke's response to this is hilarious.

Jervis Tetch 1
08-05-05, 08:54 PM
Wilke's response to this is hilarious.I read that. Can't this guy just once give credit where it's due?