PDA

View Full Version : Rahal to Atlantic?

nrc
08-02-05, 09:43 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9477

Bobby Rahal has also hinted that his team will field an Atlantic car for his son Graham in 2006. Graham Rahal won the Star Mazda Championship race at Portland International Raceway this weekend.

If nothing else at least he doesn't appear to be pushing his kid into the grinder the way Andretti the Lesser seems intent on doing.

cameraman
08-02-05, 10:36 PM
One more car, one more name driver and a pretty good one at that.
I have no problem at all with Graham Rahal and wish him good fortune.

nrc
08-02-05, 11:29 PM
Hmm. Come to think of it. Maybe Rahal should bring Danica back to see if she can win a race. :gomer:

Lizzerd
08-03-05, 12:52 AM
I hope he's at a race I go to next year.

"Hey, Bobby. I'm wondering why you decided to bring your son to the series that made you famous. You know, the series that you abandoned to follow the Yen. Could it be because of all the broken backs in the series you find yourself in now? Must be a 'do as I say, not as I do' thing, eh, Bobby?"

What a bucket of scum...

Sean O'Gorman
08-03-05, 09:40 AM
I hope they don't let his son race.

Don Quixote
08-03-05, 10:37 AM
What a bucket of scum...
This is an insult to buckets of scum everywhere. :)

Lizzerd
08-03-05, 06:21 PM

Yeah, was pretty harsh. I never have been the PC kind of guy, though. But in this case, I send my apologies to all the buckets of scum who may read this. Even some of our TF lurkers (you know who you are).

dando
08-03-05, 06:53 PM
Hmm. Come to think of it. Maybe Rahal should bring Danica back to see if she can win a race. :gomer:
Man, I would love to see that. :D

-Kevin

dando
08-03-05, 06:54 PM
Ya beat me to that one. :D

-Kevin

JohnnyQ
08-03-05, 08:22 PM

"Hey, Bobby. I'm wondering why you decided to bring your son to the series that made you famous. You know, the series that you abandoned to follow the Yen. Could it be because of all the broken backs in the series you find yourself in now? Must be a 'do as I say, not as I do' thing, eh, Bobby?"

What a bucket of scum...

The Atlantics are a great series to learn in. Point and shoot!

chop456
08-04-05, 06:02 AM

The Cheever Method(TM)

trish
08-04-05, 07:18 AM
He'll just use the series to market his son, then when the time comes move him to the IRL.

Rus'L
08-04-05, 09:29 AM
He'll just use the series to market his son, then when the time comes move him to the IRL.

Remember, Graham Rahal has said publicly that he does NOT want to race in the IRL. His goals are Champ Car and F1.

oddlycalm
08-04-05, 01:03 PM
Hmm. Come to think of it. Maybe Rahal should bring Danica back to see if she can win a race. :gomer: At this point she wouldn't even be the fastest female driver in the series... :cool:

oc

Beevis
08-04-05, 03:58 PM
Remember, Graham Rahal has said publicly that he does NOT want to race in the IRL. His goals are Champ Car and F1. F1? Him? :rofl:

theunions
08-05-05, 05:23 AM
F1? Him? :rofl:

Wouldn't take much to be more successful there than his old man.

NismoZ
08-05-05, 10:26 AM
Uh, he's only 16 and WAY better than some of you idiots think. Gee, do you think he has time for improvement? I wonder if Atlantics might be a place to do that? THAT'S what his goal is. You'd rather see him aspire to the IPS? You're not hard to please, you don't WANT to be pleased. You'd have nothing to crab about! I'm really looking forward to his development, along with Marco and some others. Hope things go well for a lot of young American drivers.

nrc
08-05-05, 10:47 AM
Uh, he's only 16 and WAY better than some of you idiots think.

Which of us idiots are you talking about? I only see one person here who implied anything about G. Rahal's talent. The rest are busting on his old man.

JohnnyQ
08-05-05, 06:54 PM
Which of us idiots are you talking about? I only see one person here who implied anything about G. Rahal's talent. The rest are busting on his old man.

$$$=talent. Proud to be an American idiot. :gomer:

NismoZ
08-05-05, 09:52 PM
There...now you have TWO! :D

mueber
08-06-05, 09:52 AM

What a bucket of scum...

My thoughts exactly, but it appears that no amount of mercenary hypocrisy is too great to cause embarrassment anymore, so bring on another car. It’s “good” for us.

G.
08-10-05, 01:08 PM
Hmm. Come to think of it. Maybe Rahal should bring Danica back to see if she can win a race. :gomer:I said it before, I'll bore you again. Think of the hype if Patrick and Legge were battling it out in the Atlantics. Rahole vs. Kalkoven. Talk about hype!

Booby pulled her too soon.

Gnam
08-10-05, 02:05 PM
Booby polled her too soon.
That's what she said.

What are Marco's plans next year? It'd be funny sad if Unser, Rahal, and Andretti were all racing each other next year in the series their dad's tried to kill.

G.
08-10-05, 03:39 PM
Booby polled her too soon.
That's what she said.

No, she said "Too quick." Subtle difference, I know. :p