PDA

View Full Version : What's Virtual Bouncer and Ad Destroyer?

trish
07-31-05, 12:46 PM
Are these viruses or legitimate programs?

Also, has anyone else had a program pop up saying there is a browser enhancement and then attempts to install itself on your computer? It seems to pop up if I click the Windows Media player shortcut.

WickerBill
07-31-05, 01:45 PM
Both are spyware/malware.

Use Microsoft Antispyware and Ad-Aware (both free) to remove.... not one or the other, you need to use two programs to really clean your computer.

WB

Jag_Warrior
07-31-05, 02:13 PM
I've been running Ad-Aware SE and Spybot for several months. My virus protection runs a system check every night. But I've noticed that when I run a full system scan with Ad-Aware, I sometimes get a virus warning when it gets to certain files. What's happening there? As it finds some spyware, does it activate a hidden/dormant virus?

My computer from work was full of this crap. Everything from password loggers to keystroke capturing programs, and some stuff we couldn't figure out what it did. The IT guy who found this stuff (and installed Ad-Aware and Spybot on the laptop too) said I should have just listed my bank account and credit card numbers and saved them the trouble. :mad: