PDA

View Full Version : And Speaking Of Gifts...

NismoZ
07-31-05, 12:00 PM
ALMS, too...sheesh, the equivilant of a last second 3-pointer, I guess. Better to be lucky than good sometimes! (PS-was that an unmanned camera JJ's R-8 blew through in the back!? VERY dynamic sequence!!)

cameraman
08-01-05, 06:12 PM
I haven't seen any reports of a camera operator getting killed so either the operator bailed or the camera was remotely controlled. I am guessing the latter was the case.

oddlycalm
08-01-05, 06:20 PM
Yep, it was a classic in the long list of late in the race/last lap techno stumbles, although the charging system was a known issue from before the start.

The camera was definitale an unmanned boom. Dramatic footage though. One of the better shots of an off that I've seen recently.

oc

racermike
08-01-05, 06:22 PM
Cameraman was controlling boom, bailed out

Crew member on one of the Speed TC teams was hospitalized friday with 4th degree burns to right side of face, after air jacks on car dropped with him under the car. The manifold was on his face. Pretty scary incident

cameraman
08-01-05, 06:46 PM
Fourth degree burns on his face, with the weight of a car I can see it happening. For his sake I hope he blacked out.

How often do crewmembers stick their heads under cars that are up on airjacks? Given how often you see cars dropping too early on simple tire changes it seems to me to be totally insane to be sticking your head under any part of the car without a mechanical jack as back up. :shakehead