PDA

View Full Version : New sponsor for Team Australia

KLang
07-29-05, 07:23 PM
AR1 is reporting as news, not rumor, that VISA has joined the team. :cool:

nrc
07-29-05, 07:30 PM
They're on the car so I'd say it's a good bet. :)

Sticker under the number on the nose in the this pic. No other views right now, but that would put in the same spot as Centrex with NH.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/content/photos/2005/By800/20050729P_0004.jpg

pferrf1
07-29-05, 11:25 PM
Its also on the front wing.

nrc
07-30-05, 02:51 AM
Also, both Rusport cars are White/Red this weekend. Sandisk is on Wilson's car an CDW is on 'Dinger's. Novell is new on both.

skaven
07-30-05, 12:58 PM
Confirmed in the Speed article... Link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/18535/)

Speaking of sponsors, Team Australia announced today that it’s signed a “major partnership” with VISA Australia, one that will see Team Australia carrying the VISA colors (colours?) in six different categories, racing in eight different countries on four different continents next year. The full program is expected to involve a total investment of $20 million and involve several series “Down Under,” including the Aussie V8 Supercar series (in which Team Australia principal Craig Gore’s WPS Racing team participates) as well as Toyota Atlantic and Formula BMW in the USA in addition, of course, to the Champ Car World Series effort run by Walker Racing.

More good news! :thumbup:

nrc
07-30-05, 01:07 PM
KLang had posted that and I... well, I accidently deleted it. :gomer:

Sorry, KLang.

KLang
07-30-05, 01:15 PM
KLang had posted that and I... well, I accidently deleted it. :gomer:

Sorry, KLang.

No problem, looks like skaven has it covered.

Had they previously announced their Atlantics involvement?

nrc
07-30-05, 01:31 PM
Had they previously announced their Atlantics involvement?
The last time I tried answer that question I made a big mess and it was really just an, "I don't know." :) I know it's been widely rumored, but I've never seen an announcement.

Robstar
07-31-05, 07:32 PM
How long has RM Williams been on the rear wing ?

theunions
07-31-05, 07:54 PM
How long has RM Williams been on the rear wing ?

I'm told not at LBGP but thereafter.

Robstar
07-31-05, 08:21 PM

Dr. Corkski
08-01-05, 03:04 AM
I think they are buying two new Atlantic cars, but frankly I would rather they use that money to buy Tag another Lola for backup, and a real driver for the second car. It looked like the pace car driver was driving harder and faster under yellow than Marcus Marshall was during green flag conditions. The wanker was so horribly hopelessly slow that he couldn't even hit anything at T4 even if he wanted to.

IlliniRacer
08-01-05, 10:43 AM
Normally, I'm always happy to see new sponsors. However, working for one of Visa's "Priceless" competitors, I could do without this. Of course, we all know how well my employer's last venture into sponsoring OW racing went. ;)