PDA

View Full Version : Number One Darwin Award Winner!!!!

JohnHKart
07-29-05, 06:26 AM
Ok I've heard and seen everything now.....I hate to say it, but if you are this stupid, you do not deserve to live. I'm only two miles away from this moron's house, who knows what other incomprehensibly idiotic decisions he might have made while out in public while driving, or walking or perhaps out at a bar my band plays at in this area. Bye!

John

Whittier Daily News

Deputies probe death of local man

By Tracy Manzer , Staff Writer

A 23-year- old La Habra woman is facing possible felony DUI charges after she allegedly ran over her boyfriend early Thursday, killing the young man.
"It's a tragedy, to say the least,' said traffic Investigator Jeff Tibbetts of the s heriff's Norwalk Station.

Heather Biggs told investigators she did not realize she had run over her boyfriend until it was too late, Tibbetts said.

She was arrested and booked on suspicion of felony driving under the influence, causing great bodily injury or death, he said.

Biggs and her boyfriend, 25- year-old Joe Gabriel Cardenas Jr., had been out drinking Wednesday night and returned to Cardenas' home in the 14000 block of San Feliciano Drive in La Mirada at around 2 a.m., the deputy said.

Reportedly, both were intoxicated. After a brief misunderstanding about where Biggs would spend the night, the couple decided she would stay with Cardenas.

At about 2:22 a.m., she walked out of the house to get some clothing and other items from her car, while Cardenas remained inside the house, the investigator said.

"She goes out, gets her clothes out, gets her stuff, then realizes there is a sign that says there is street sweeping in the morning. So she thinks, 'I better move my car to the other side of the street so I don't get a ticket.' ' Tibbetts said.

"Little does she know the victim came back outside, came to the front of her car and sat down. He was either sleeping or resting, I think he may have been sleeping,' Tibbetts said."She starts the car, looks in front of her and behind her, then looks forward once more and starts forward and moves about 8 feet.'.[/I]"

Tibbetts said Biggs told officers she realized something was wrong when she heard a strange noise but had no idea her boyfriend was lying in the road.

"She panics, gets out, realizes what she's done and calls 9-1-1, and she's absolutely devastated,' he said. "She is also extremely intoxicated and arrested for felony DUI. It's not a manslaughter charge because she only moved the car 8 feet.'

Whether Biggs will face other charges will be up to the District Attorney's Office, Tibbetts said.

JLMannin
07-29-05, 12:33 PM
I know that this may be a minor technicality, but I think the Darwin Award winners have to be more active in removing themselves from the gene pool - I'm not sure falling asleep in from of your drunk girfriend's car qualifies as actively removing yourself from the gene pool.

G.
07-29-05, 01:12 PM
I know that this may be a minor technicality, but I think the Darwin Award winners have to be more active in removing themselves from the gene pool - I'm not sure falling asleep in from of your drunk girfriend's car qualifies as actively removing yourself from the gene pool.Yeah, the best ones always start with, "Hold my beer and check this out".

skaven
07-29-05, 01:33 PM
Yeah, the best ones always start with, "Hold my beer and check this out".

:rofl: :thumbup:

JohnHKart
07-29-05, 05:18 PM
I know that this may be a minor technicality, but I think the Darwin Award winners have to be more active in removing themselves from the gene pool - I'm not sure falling asleep in from of your drunk girfriend's car qualifies as actively removing yourself from the gene pool.

I know...but we've all been drunk, we've all been tired, but would never be so brainless as to lay down in front of a car anywhere. In thinking about this, her story is so nonsensical, she might be lying, and maybe ran him over in the middle of an argument and he was standing there awake.

John

indyfan31
07-30-05, 03:42 AM
Holy cow! This happened about a block from my house. Of course at 2am, on a weekday, I'm not very active. So I missed all the excitement.

And anyone stupid (read:drunk) enough to get himself killed by sitting in front of a car parked in the street deserved a Darwin Award.

JohnHKart
07-30-05, 08:29 AM
Not you Indyfan, but this area (my street anyway) seems to be rampant with possible Darwin Winners. There's a certain Puerto Rican who drives a Black Jeep Cherokee, I've seen him do all manner of unsafe things....He's even ripped the whole front end off of his vehicle a few months ago but never seems to learn. So I get pulled over today for turning right on a red without stopping...(Because the yellow went on forever and I gassed it and then it turned red right before I made it to the intersection, thankfully only got a warning) And I started talking to the Chip about all the nonsense on my street, especially the cherokee moron...Turns out the Chip had just given him a ticket two days ago. Oh and there's another guy who seems to always drive cars with paper plates and never registers his vehicles. He's on his third in a year, second with paper plates and my Chip buddy now knows about him too!!!

John