PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood - Final Draft!

Michaelhatesfans
07-28-05, 01:15 AM
Ok, that took longer than expected...
But all the photos are there, including the scans. I grouped the photos into groups, and make a half assed attempt at chronology. I took a *****oad of photos, so you might want to grab a beer/coffee/Coke before you start. :cool:

Have fun! :thumbup:
http://community.webshots.com/album/404361405

oddlycalm
07-28-05, 04:48 PM
Thanks for posting the pics MHF. I was amused at your "faster than you imagine" caption on one of the older cars. After reflecting for a few seconds I thougth that you could have added "with virtually non-existant brakes." ;)

Congratulations on a trip of a lifetime to motorsports valahalla. :thumbup:

oc

SteveH
07-28-05, 05:00 PM
Great pictures. Did you get a chance to talk w/ Nick Mason?

How many people attend Goodwood? I'd think it would be packed but either it wasn't too bad or you had special access to the cars.

Winston Wolfe
07-29-05, 12:39 AM
Nice to see Lil Al back behind the wheel of one of the old Penske cars !

And gawdawm, that old Lone Star JR Indy 500 winning Chapparal was a GOOD LOOKING CAR !!!! :thumbup:

Some of those designs from the mid-80s were darn good looking rides !!!

THANKS for the pics MHF !!!! :thumbup:

btw: Did you have special access to get some of these shots, or is that kind of ticket readily available for enrhusiasts ???

Dirty Sanchez
07-29-05, 10:07 AM
awesome stuff. definitely on the list!

thanks for sharing these :thumbup:

Warlock!
07-29-05, 11:40 AM
Great stuff dude... although my hard drive hates you. :D

Michaelhatesfans
07-30-05, 02:47 AM
Great pictures. Did you get a chance to talk w/ Nick Mason?

How many people attend Goodwood? I'd think it would be packed but either it wasn't too bad or you had special access to the cars.
Goodwood is claiming 150,000 over three days, which is believable - it's a huge area with a lot to take in, so it's not as crowded as you might think (they even added in a rally stage this year!). The traffic pouring in on Sunday alone was impressive enough, though.

And yeah, I got to talk to Nick Mason, albeit briefly. It was the week before the Live Aid show, so everyone before me was hitting him with something about that, so I just gave a humble "thanks for covering all of my interests" kind of thing - a gross understatement to the year or so I spent in high school falling asleep to a Pink Floyd tape in a room with race car posters everywhere! :gomer: He happily signed my Friday ticket for me - he's a nice guy. :thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
07-30-05, 02:54 AM
THANKS for the pics MHF !!!! :thumbup:

btw: Did you have special access to get some of these shots, or is that kind of ticket readily available for enrhusiasts ???
I'm quite happy to say that that I had the same ticket as everyone else - the access is just phenomenal. There's nothing like it anywhere. :thumbup:

Michaelhatesfans
07-30-05, 02:55 AM
Great stuff dude... although my hard drive hates you. :D
:D

Lizzerd
07-30-05, 02:59 AM
Goodwood is claiming 150,000 over three days, which is believable - it's a huge area with a lot to take in, so it's not as crowded as you might think (they even added in a rally stage this year!). The traffic pouring in on Sunday alone was impressive enough, though.

And yeah, I got to talk to Nick Mason, albeit briefly. It was the week before the Live Aid show, so everyone before me was hitting him with something about that, so I just gave a humble "thanks for covering all of my interests" kind of thing - a gross understatement to the year or so I spent in high school falling asleep to a Pink Floyd tape in a room with race car posters everywhere! :gomer: He happily signed my Friday ticket for me - he's a nice guy. :thumbup:

You are my hero. Nick Mason is in the top five people I would love to meet.
In no particular order and only off the top of my head: Jesus, My Grandfather that I never knew, Dan Gurney, Jimi Hendrix, and Nick Mason.

spirit_of_99
08-03-05, 01:14 PM
Fantastic stuff, thanks for sharing. :thumbup: