PDA

View Full Version : Hillarious IRL Press Conference

coolhand
07-26-05, 08:45 PM
http://www.indyracing.com/news/story.php?story_id=5137

DAN WHELDON: Thank you for congratulating me. I think you're right, I think in Europe right now they think I'm bigger than (David) Beckham, so that's a good thing (laughter).

No, I think truly England really respects the Indianapolis 500. I mean, the race, like I've said before, is the biggest event in the world. Motorsport in Europe is very, very prominent. With the coverage that the 500 gets, not just on TV but in magazines, people really want to know who has got good chances of winning, who has good chances for the pole, strategy, and more importantly overtaking. You never see overtaking in Formula One. That really draws the English fans, and European fans, to watch the Indianapolis 500.

I think when they saw an English winner, it was the first time in 39 years since the late great Graham Hill. He was very well-respected. To have another Englishman do that, I mean, you've got some strong Americans here right now in Sam Hornish and Bryan Herta and others. It was good that we brought home the flag for England. I think they're looking forward to more wins in that race.

what a dumbass

eiregosod
07-26-05, 09:12 PM
http://www.indyracing.com/news/story.php?story_id=5137

what a dumbass

Indeed .

Like Beckham , Wheldon believes his own hype! Sir Daniel. :gomer: he'll have to in a few more races to get the knighthood.

just before that question was asked the moderator gave this announcement

"MODERATOR: I do have an announcement. I would like to ask the members of the media, that you do not ask questions of Dan about the Milwaukee autograph session. The team has requested that questions about that matter go through Andretti Green Racing, their PR person, Al Larson. We'd ask you to contact Al on that matter. Anything else, feel free to ask both Dan and Todd. Thank you"

JohnnyQ
07-26-05, 09:23 PM
Shnikees....somebody pop that zit sitting on top of his neck. This is what happens when daddy buys you fame.

This douche wouldn't be notices in England if he was hit on Abby Road.

racer2c
07-27-05, 10:52 AM
Come on, someone actually read that? tsk, tsk. :thumdown:

Waste o' time.

Easy
07-27-05, 11:10 AM
The Beckham comment was a joke. Wheldon knows he's not as famous as Boyband or even DC's latest arm candy.

What was so stupid about the whole paragraph? He basically said Euros and Brits like the 500 because its different than F1. He didn't spew some pap about anyone there giving a Schlitz about the rest of the TonyCarâ„¢ Series.

pedroskova
07-27-05, 05:23 PM
Wheldon: the next....Manning.

Jervis Tetch 1
07-29-05, 12:35 AM
:thumbup:
Wheldon: the next....Manning.

manic mechanic
08-04-05, 12:59 AM
:thumbup:

Similar story, different shoes (Manolo Blanik). :eek: :rofl: :rofl:

manic