PDA

View Full Version : Darren Manning.... You're FIRED!!!

JoeBob
07-26-05, 05:00 PM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050726/SPORTS01/50726014

He was highest of the TCGR drivers in the IRL standings, but Dixon and Briscoe have ties to Toyota.

G.
07-26-05, 05:02 PM
Uh oh. Coyne gonna pick him up?

JoeBob
07-26-05, 05:10 PM
IIRC, his first ChampCar drives were with Coyne.

cameraman
07-26-05, 05:27 PM
Yeah that is it, TCGR's problem is its drivers :rolleyes:

Makes you wonder what he did/said to get canned.

Easy
07-26-05, 05:30 PM
Without Frank Williams dumping drivers in his lap, Ganassi has proven to be one of the worst judges of talent in all of motorsports. Both hiring and firing.

fourrunner
07-26-05, 05:36 PM
Firing Darren Manning is certainly NOT going to improve Ganassi's fortunes in that series

Target can't be happy ... Ganassi's performance accross the board is making them look like what they are, a Mid Level Department Store selling Low level crap at a bigger mark up than K-Mart

I'm figuring Ganassi's saving money short term and is going to be out of the IRL at the end of this season

I really think he's losing interest, and has been for quite awhile !

To Quote Ganassi on the IRL "It is, what it is !"

RichK
07-26-05, 05:38 PM
When he told his drivers they'd be fired if they crashed, I figured that he wanted to get back to two cars to save some money. They've been through lots of parts this year.

We'll see if he hires another driver or fires a whole team & hangs out with two.

chop456
07-26-05, 05:44 PM
IIRC, his first ChampCar drives were with Coyne.

"Team St. George"

RichK
07-26-05, 05:46 PM
"Team St. George"

Prophetic! :)

nrc
07-26-05, 05:46 PM
A replacement driver was not immediately named. It's possible the team will only run two cars at this weekend's race at Michigan International Speedway.I wonder if it's possible that they'll only run two cars the rest of the season. I mean, why bother?

JoeBob
07-26-05, 05:49 PM
IIRC, Team St. George was a rebranded Coyne Racing

chop456
07-26-05, 05:59 PM
IIRC, Team St. George was a rebranded Coyne Racing

Correct. I neglected to include that.

High Sided
07-26-05, 06:40 PM
what is IIRC?

cameraman
07-26-05, 06:42 PM
IIRC it means if I recall correctly

Wally
07-26-05, 06:45 PM
So who was it that said floyd was getting out a couple months back? ;)

L1P1
07-26-05, 06:46 PM
I hope he comes back to Champ Cars. I don't think he's championship material, but he's a good quality field filler (sorry Darren) who's genuinely likable.

Jag_Warrior
07-26-05, 06:47 PM
:gomer:

Edit... that quill story is still messing with me! Don't know what I'm doing!

rabbit
07-26-05, 06:58 PM
Boy, I bet Darren's glad he left Champ Car for the .1RL now. :rolleyes:

cameraman
07-26-05, 07:04 PM
I was under the impression that he had no hope of a CCWS ride and was offered a twirling ride so he took it. Anybody know the full story?

trish
07-26-05, 07:18 PM
AR1 speculates that Townsend Bell will replace Manning.

RichK
07-26-05, 07:18 PM

That should help the crashing problem.

coolhand
07-26-05, 07:21 PM
Rumors are swirilling that Chip will put T Bell in that seat, but there was also the rumor that T Bell will get Enge's seat at Panther.

So either way the IRL may be down a car already, they are dropping faster than a i first thought.

If you were bell would you take the Panther seat or the Ganassi one? not a hard choice for myself. :gomer:

Rogue Leader
07-26-05, 07:27 PM
Rumors are swirilling that Chip will put T Bell in that seat, but there was also the rumor that T Bell will get Enge's seat at Panther.

So either way the IRL may be down a car already, they are dropping faster than a i first thought.

If you were bell would you take the Panther seat or the Ganassi one? not a hard choice for myself. :gomer:

its like russian roulette to see who gets a wrecked tub by lap 5!

JohnnyQ
07-26-05, 07:33 PM
Maybe they'll be a seat fitting for Sterling Marlin. :gomer:

pfc_m_drake
07-26-05, 08:17 PM
I was under the impression that he had no hope of a CCWS ride and was offered a twirling ride so he took it. Anybody know the full story?
Darren was hired by TCGR after Tony Renna was killed in a testing accident at Indianapolis.

Link (http://www.f-1babes.com/uk/en/news_view.asp?cid=12&nid=80651)

Jervis Tetch 1
07-26-05, 09:48 PM
what is IIRC?Rookie! ;)

The Crackheads are up in arms over this, that's for sure. Makes me want to do this >>>> :laugh:

TorontoWorker
07-26-05, 10:29 PM
That should help the crashing problem.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Yup - increase the rate of it anyway!

Fio1
07-26-05, 11:38 PM
Chip Ganassi should fire himself! F-it, Manning is better off getting a decent job with a decent team in a decent series! :cool:

trauma1
07-27-05, 07:55 AM
and they can't fire briscoe yoda is footing that bill

Insomniac
07-27-05, 10:01 AM

It's always the same story. $$$. Darren didn't have to bring any and wasn't under contract to a CC team.

Insomniac
07-27-05, 10:02 AM

Sheesh. I completely forgot about him. What happened to him after F3000 last year?

Insomniac
07-27-05, 10:03 AM

I'd take the TCGR ride if I had to choose. Enge will be back, Manning won't be.

spinner26
07-27-05, 11:10 AM
Sounds like to me the Toyota / Target money is drying up fast. If I recall correctly there was one Mad Max who drove a championship car for cheap in grand sham or some series and he was let go due to only one car being available or some crap? :laugh:

WHO CARES!

F-U CHEEP! Your getting what you deserve! :rofl:

Easy
07-27-05, 11:16 AM
Yeah, Manning had a choice between finding a couple mil to stay in ChampCar's mid-field or getting paid six figures from a defending championship team.

You did see the hovel he lived in when he drove for Walker right?

FRANKY
07-27-05, 11:40 AM

But not as fast as Spicoli first thought.

devilmaster
07-27-05, 11:54 AM
But not as fast as Spicoli first thought.

Who cares? its happening! I'll still buy him a beer the next time we meet....

G.
07-27-05, 01:06 PM
But not as fast as Spicoli first thought.Where the hell has he been? Not even an "itoldjaso" post in the last month.

theunions
07-27-05, 02:05 PM
I hope he comes back to Champ Cars.

From SpeedTV:

“I’ve got to move on in my career and get back to something good,” said Manning, adding that he would be interested in returning to the IRL or the Champ Car World Series.

Wally
07-27-05, 02:53 PM
Where the hell has he been? Not even an "itoldjaso" post in the last month.
Yeah I am starting to worry about the boy.......I need some fresh intell and a good laugh.

dando
07-27-05, 03:17 PM
Yeah I am starting to worry about the boy.......I need some fresh intell and a good laugh.
Maybe Jessica Simpson did come over to scrub his floors nekkid. :gomer: Either that or maybe he switched to the dark side after his beer w/Depender. :(

Lizzerd, Zig....any word on what's happened to Spic?

-Kevin

Lizzerd
07-27-05, 04:17 PM
Lizzerd, Zig....any word on what's happened to Spic?

-Kevin

Uh, yeah. Self imposed hiatus. I don't think it's right for me to comment about the "incident", though, because I wasn't there.

nrc
07-27-05, 06:47 PM
Uh, yeah. Self imposed hiatus. I don't think it's right for me to comment about the "incident", though, because I wasn't there.I think "self imposed hiatus" is sufficient. The rest is for Spicoli to talk about (or not, his choice).

Lizzerd
07-27-05, 07:04 PM
Yep. That's why I didn't elaborate.

FCYTravis
07-28-05, 02:00 AM
I don't know anything about his situation but I wish Spicoli the best and hope to see him around these parts real soon... he's a unique voice that adds a lot.

JC, when ya figure things out and get yerself back here, we'll be waitin' with bated breath :)

Kiwifan
07-28-05, 06:20 AM
I saw him out and about earlier today, but not here though. :(

I hope he didn't get caught trying to land one on our Brickyard friend. ;)

Take care all you Champ Car fans. :thumbup:

Rusty.