PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wheldon clothing Deal

coolhand
07-25-05, 10:58 PM
Dan Wheldon, winner of the 2005 Indianapolis 500® and current points leader in the Indy Racing League® (IRL), has reached a sponsorship agreement with Blue Collar (BC) Ethic Clothing, a trendy men’s apparel company based in Southern California. In addition to clothing Wheldon off the racetrack, BC Ethic will design a personalized line of Dan Wheldon logoed apparel and assist in marketing this apparel and the Wheldon brand at select retail outlets across the U.S.

“As a fan of the fashion world, I’m excited to announce this deal with BC Ethic clothing,” said Wheldon. “I really like the look that BC Ethic portrays. They’re cool…They’re trendy… They’re vintage…And they’re all about fast cars, rock and roll music, the nightlife and looking good. I’m a racecar driver and that’s what I’m all about. I’m looking forward to this partnership with the crew at BC Ethic and I think we’re going to have a lot of fun.”

“We're extremely happy to be on board as a clothing sponsor to Dan Wheldon, the winner of the 2005 Indianapolis 500," said Mark Zacher, BC Ethic CEO. “Dan's admiration for our clothing and the style he brings to it will prove to be a great fit for both of us. His good looks, his talent behind the wheel, and his professionalism will only enhance our company's visibility in the marketplace. We see a bright future for both Dan and our clothing line.”

As a well-respected player in the fashion industry, BC Ethic will design and manufacture a personalized line of Dan Wheldon logoed apparel to be sold at the racetrack, and eventually in select retail outlets where BC Ethic clothing is sold across the U.S. Wheldon will don BC Ethic sleeve patches on his racing fire suit for the remainder of the 2005 IRL season, and will make appearances at trade shows, product launches, red carpet parties and/or VIP events surrounding the fashion, music and entertainment world in Los Angeles.

sounds gay

IlliniRacer
07-25-05, 11:30 PM
sounds gay

. . . and in other shocking news. . . the earth is round!

Don Quixote
07-26-05, 09:36 AM
They’re cool…They’re trendy… They’re vintage…And they’re all about fast cars, rock and roll music, the nightlife and looking good.
:gomer: :laugh:

Steve99
07-26-05, 10:50 AM
Danni never seemed like a blue collar type of guy.

RaceGrrl
07-26-05, 10:56 AM
"Ethic" and the IRL? I thought the two words were mutually exclusive.

Andrew Longman
07-26-05, 11:48 AM
Oh he'll do real well with the nascar nation crowd once he parlays his 500 win into the Nextel Cup ride.

Carhartt is "blue collar ethic" clothing. Anything actually calling itself that is just poser fancypants accessories.

Cripes, even B actresses can get a clothing line with KMart. This is the best the I500 winner can do?

nrc
07-26-05, 12:02 PM
"I reportedly won the Indy 500 and now I get free clothes off the irregular rack at most GAP stores in Indiana."

JohnnyQ
07-26-05, 07:28 PM
I wonder if the pants will have the asses cut out of them? :gomer:

Personally I'm waiting for the "Kanaan lip stick on my collar shirt"

coolhand
07-26-05, 07:29 PM
I wonder if the pants will have the asses cut out of them? :gomer:

Personally I'm waiting for the "Kanaan lip stick on my collar shirt"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: