PDA

View Full Version : Robin is out with the Mid-season grades.

devilmaster
07-25-05, 02:53 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9402

It's the halfway point of the 2005 Champ Car season and up front we've seen the usual suspects, the return of a familiar face and a couple new kids pushing their way into the picture.

There have been five different winners in the first seven races and it could have easily been six had A.J. Allmendinger negotiated those final eight laps at Edmonton.

The fact Sebastien Bourdais leads Paul Tracy in the point standing and each have two wins is hardly a news bulletin or surprising. But RuSPORT muscling into that rarified air of Newman/Haas and Forsythe with Justin Wilson and Allmendinger is the emerging story of '05.

Cristiano da Matta's return to victory lane with PKV Racing was as well received as the bad news of Bruno Junqueira being knocked out for the season at Indianapolis.

And 18-year-old Andrew Ranger has dazzled everyone with his speed and maturity.

The mid-season grades are in and the only A in the class might surprise you.

I can't agree more with RM's only team to get an A mark. Tony has returned CC to the days when the boys were allowed to race and they either brought it or left it on the track. They hold back on the FCYs, and don't get involved. Its good to read post race articles that don't have to include quotes from the Chief Steward as to why a penalty was levied.

Andrew Longman
07-25-05, 03:02 PM
Not a lot to disagree with there. A bit different in tone from his IRL gradebook

coolhand
07-25-05, 08:39 PM
Read the one he posted on speed, it has a few extra's

http://speedtv.com/commentary/18442/

The Paul Tracy and Sebastien Bourdais rivalry merits a high grade because this is exactly what racing should be about. I'd much rather see two drivers who dislike each other going for the same corner than hugging each other after the race.

cart7
07-25-05, 08:53 PM
I'd say he did a pretty good job including the grade for PKV and Rocketsports. :thumbup:

Hard Driver
07-25-05, 09:02 PM
Yea, but Tracy is battling for the championship and the team is a C+, that ain't right. But most of the rest is on target.

FCYTravis
07-25-05, 10:40 PM
Quite clearly, Robin's no Champ Car shill, either. He doesn't pull a single punch in the SPEED TV article, including this gem:

Whomever decided to run a noon race on Saturday at Milwaukee deserves immediate expulsion. Worst crowd in Champ Car history. Also worst idea.

Wilke can STFU now.

Also, he gave Rocketsports an F.

oddlycalm
07-25-05, 11:04 PM
Quite clearly, Robin's no Champ Car shill, either. He doesn't pull a single punch in the SPEED TV article I agree, and good for him. I'd much rather see healthy (and accurate) criticism in articles and or forums. The fact that RM's not a shill and the fact that Champ Car fans aren't mindless cheerleaders for the series marching in lockstep is part of an overall attitude that keeps me coming back.

oc

Jervis Tetch 1
07-26-05, 12:09 AM
I don't disagree with any of his picks.