07-21-05, 01:25 PM
Thankfully they were duds.

****ers! :flame:

nz_climber
07-22-05, 12:04 AM
A close call...

lucky for all those in the area..

The world will never be the same and this sort of thing will never stop :(

come back safe mark(a friend in england for his sisters wedding)

Robstar
07-22-05, 06:26 AM
F##king dispicable... :shakehead :mad:

People over here are saying "We're next, we're next..."

Pr##ks - how dare they... It'll take a lot more than a werenoafraid.com to sort these so & so's out... :flame:

TKGAngel
07-22-05, 08:23 AM
More insanity. Policed killed a man this morning on the tube who they suspected was one of yesteday's bombers.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/22/london.tube/index.html

G.
07-22-05, 10:56 AM
I hope it was a good shoot. He damn well better have had a boomer strapped on him. Reports say that he was on the ground and hit with 5 rounds.

I really hope the Bobbies are clear in this. Then it's "Yay, Bobbies!"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/britain_underground;_ylt=AiplOfSoA80lV3PUteEMobADW 7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

nrc
07-23-05, 04:20 PM
I hope it was a good shoot.

Oops.

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20050723/D8BH8ID80.html

Still, they had good reason to be suspicious and the guy failed to surrender (although we don't yet know whether he could understand the orders). I'm sure the authorities thought sure this guy was trying to get among people to blow himself up.

The burning question here is how certain do you need to be that someone has explosives on them before you shoot to kill and protect innocent lives.

KLang
07-23-05, 05:57 PM
The burning question here is how certain do you need to be that someone has explosives on them before you shoot to kill and protect innocent lives.

Seems to me if a cop says stop and you don't, especially under the current circumstances, all bets are off.

Lizzerd
07-23-05, 07:20 PM
One of those four guys that were captured in photos was wearing a "New York" shirt. That would be like me wearing a "Fallujah is for Lovers" shirt.

Regarding the guy that was shot... This should send a message to all Londoners. Do not wear heavy coats into a subway station in the summer, then run when police say to stop. I get a feeling that this poor sucker was sent by the bad guys as a decoy, or scout. "We want to know what we're up against now. When they say 'stop', you run. Let's see what they do about it."

Stu
07-24-05, 09:00 AM
Seems to me if a cop says stop and you don't, especially under the current circumstances, all bets are off.

Agreed

You just can't pull that crap. And if this happened in the States, you would have people flipping out about it. Just like a few weeks ago when police shot the little hispanic girl because her dad was using her as a human shield and then started shooting at the police. People actually complained that it was the police being racist that caused the girl to die.

I hate people sometimes. Stupidity is so freaking incredible.

FTG
07-24-05, 08:14 PM
Interesting how quickly this turned from a "it's never OK to kill innocent people" thread to a "some innocent people deserve to be killed" thread.

nrc
07-25-05, 12:24 AM
Interesting how quickly this turned from a "it's never OK to kill innocent people" thread to a "some innocent people deserve to be killed" thread.
Are you seriously trying to draw equivelence between walking onto a train full of innocent people and deliberately blowing them up and shooting someone because you honestly believe that they're trying to do exactly that?

rabbit
07-25-05, 12:55 AM
The guy's own friends said he spoke English and would have understood things like "STOP!" or "GET DOWN!"

I'm in Washington D.C. right now and ride the Metro to work every day. I'm a little on edge with everything that London has gone through and seeing the armed guards at the D.C. Metro stations. If I'm wearing a heavy coat in July and run when they tell me to stop... I'm not saying he deserved it, but he could have easily prevented it.

Lizzerd
07-25-05, 01:15 AM

If you're referring to my post above, I no way said or implied that "some innocent people deserve to be killed". In fact, I speculated that the guy that was shot was probably indeed guilty of some misdeeds whether he knew of them or not. I guess I didn't mention that he was tracked by British security after leaving an appartment linked to the prior bombers and followed directly to the subway station.

Innocent or not, you don't run from an armed police officer in a subway station who is yelling "STOP" while wearing a padded coat in the summer just days after a major terrorist attack.

Winston Wolfe
07-25-05, 01:32 AM
Can you say "Suicide by Cop" ????

People here in the states do it all the time. Get involved in a police chase, finally get pulled over, and when you get out of the car to run, just be sure to reacn inside a coat pocket, or jacket pocket, and as soon as you reveal your hand, the police will dumpr their clip into you...

I've seen it on the TV once or twice down here in SoCal.

G.
07-25-05, 10:57 AM
The cops were not in uniform. They were in street clothes.

This is bad. And it will get worse.

Gnam
07-25-05, 12:19 PM

This is bad. And it will get worse.
MI-5. Brits know how to take care of business. It's all "pip pip cheerio" until stuff breaks out, then they go right for the throat. Message delivered.

Michaelhatesfans
07-25-05, 06:21 PM
MI-5. Brits know how to take care of business. It's all "pip pip cheerio" until stuff breaks out, then they go right for the throat. Message delivered.
No doubt the man's family will take great comfort in that. And the message to suicide bombers is.... you could die? They must be shaking.

This is a tragedy on every level, folks. Plain and simple. I never lived on the mean streets of Sao Paulo, so I don't know what went through his mind when he saw men without uniforms were pointing guns at him. Likewise, the police couldn't afford to take a chance. I don't fault either party, but both made mistakes. He shouldn't have ran, and the police were flat out monitoring the wrong house. I feel for the poor guy's family as well as the men living with the idea that they killed an innocent man. Don't fool yourself, no good has (or will) come of this.

Sometimes the callousness in these situations astounds me.

FTG
07-25-05, 06:33 PM
If you're referring to my post above,

Just observing human nature. Nothing personal.

Gnam
07-25-05, 11:33 PM

That's not supposed to comfort or scare off anyone. It lets everyone know the rules of engagement.

G.
08-17-05, 01:28 PM

This is bad. And it will get worse.Toldjaso.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/britain_bombings_brazilian;_ylt=AoadMiMhRMNIBVet5v PxDtQDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Footage Contradicts London Police Reports

Ankf00
08-17-05, 06:26 PM
wonderful rules of engagement.