PDA

View Full Version : Can you place the car??

DjDrOmusic
07-20-05, 12:39 PM
I have recently met a man who owns Fastlane Auto Care here in CBus, and he has a slight problem, maybe someone can help. He actually owns a couple of Champ Car tubs, both Lola, and knows that one was driven by Casey Mears. The other is painted dark blue and white, has burns on the right side of the cockpit and a hole cut near the footbox on the right side, as though the safety crew were trying to extract the driver. The only team I can recal with those colors was Walker Racing, but again it's an old Lola. Anyone have any idea whose car this could have been???

RichK
07-20-05, 12:51 PM
Dark blue and white....

Max Papis special Miller Lite paint job? Since you are near Rahal's shop.....

DjDrOmusic
07-20-05, 01:00 PM
Forgot that one, but did it crash and burn??? come to think of it didn't Booby flip over on the right side at Brazil? That would leave burn marks wouldn't it???

Andrew Longman
07-20-05, 01:10 PM
Forsythe had a shop in the Cbus area too. Ran Kanaan out of their in the MickyD car. I believe later ran Herta at Laguna and few other places in that equipment and I seem to remember it being blue. Don't remember him ever wrecking it though.

DjDrOmusic
07-20-05, 01:19 PM
I had the same thought but Herta was in a Reynard, this is definitely Lola. The guy has written to Lola with the serial number, but they haven't replied yet!

Insomniac
07-20-05, 01:50 PM
Post a picture! :)

nrc
07-20-05, 03:02 PM
It was Montegi where Rahal did the sideways blow-over during a spin and slid down the track. But that was '98 in a Reynard. Rahal switched back to Lolas in '01.

Ed_Severson
07-20-05, 03:04 PM
What about one of Hogan's old cars?

RichK
07-20-05, 03:08 PM
Here's the 2001 Papis car:

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/cart/2001/ls/cart-2001-ls-jf-0416.jpg

DjDrOmusic
07-20-05, 07:02 PM
OK I went back and did my own searching. The Casey Mears car is a Lola, why I don't know, unless it was used as a backup? But it was wrecked also!!The mystery car is a Lola, Chassis number H.U.35 and a serial number TI 730, CART/FED EX inspection number 331. It's white on the bottom with dark blue on top and a silver stripe separting it from the white. I'm trying to get a pic from the guy, I don't have a digital camera :cry: But the tubs are located at 2864 N. High St. in CBus and he has 4 more!! All for sale I might add!!

pchall
07-20-05, 07:07 PM
OK I went back and did my own searching. The Casey Mears car is a Lola, why I don't know, unless it was used as a backup? But it was wrecked also!!The mystery car is a Lola, Chassis number H.U.35 and a serial number TI 730, CART/FED EX inspection number 331. It's white on the bottom with dark blue on top and a silver stripe separting it from the white. I'm trying to get a pic from the guy, I don't have a digital camera :cry: But the tubs are located at 2864 N. High St. in CBus and he has 4 more!! All for sale I might add!!

So, when does Off Camber field a Champ Car team?

And will Memo get the drive? ;)

Dr. Corkski
07-20-05, 07:12 PM
Casey Mears never raced a Lola, unless you are talking about Indy Lights.

pchall
07-20-05, 07:24 PM

That sounds right. Wasn't his Fontana ride the year of the Explode-All-Of-Ilmor's-Inventory 500?

DjDrOmusic
07-20-05, 08:35 PM

I know that's what has me puzzled, I think it may be the tub of a backup car.

FRANKY
07-20-05, 08:36 PM
Casey at Fontana.

http://www.sportshollywood.com/images/mears2.jpg

IlliniRacer
07-20-05, 09:51 PM

What about in '01 when he took over for Zanardi?

Ed_Severson
07-20-05, 10:17 PM
What about in '01 when he took over for Zanardi?

Still a Reynard.

cart7
07-21-05, 06:27 AM
Hogans were white on the top and Navy blue on the bottom. Can't be his.

JT265
07-21-05, 07:49 AM
So, when does Off Camber field a Champ Car team?

And will Memo get the drive? ;)

A). As soon as you fall off your wallet for a little seed money.

B). My vote is for Bob Siska.

:D

Turn7
07-21-05, 12:07 PM
Maybe a Blair or Sigma car?

I think the Sigma car that Papis drove was Blue with a Silver stripe.

L1P1
07-21-05, 07:41 PM
Have you tried Lola? Email: lola@lolacars.com. Seems like with a chassis and serial number, they could make short work of finding the original owner. Or how 'bout OWRS? With that info plus an inspection sticker I bet they could find out the whole (champcar) history of the chassis.

If you get nowhere with that (or people here) you might post again in a week or so. I have a friend of an acquaintance that might be able to talk to someone else.... that might eventually lead to an answer.