PDA

View Full Version : Do I stress you out?.......

Paintergeek
07-19-05, 07:54 PM
.......My sweater is on backwards and inside out, And you say how appropriate. I don't want to dissect everything today, I don't mean to pick you apart you see, But I can't help it. And There I go jumping before the gunshot has gone off. Slap me with a splintered ruler. And it would knock me to the floor if I wasn't there already...If only I could hunt the hunter

And all I really want is some patience, A way to calm the angry voice. And all I really want is deliverance.

Do I wear you out? You must wonder why I'm so relentless and all strung out, I'm consumed by the chill of solitary. I'm like Estella , I like to reel it in and then spit it out. I'm frustrated by your apathy. And I am frightened by the corrupted ways of this land, If only I could meet the Maker. And I am fascinated by the spiritual man, I am humbled by his humble nature.

What I wouldn't give to find a soulmate. Someone else to catch this drift.
And what I wouldn't give to meet a kindred........

Enough about me, let's talk about you for a minute. Enough about you, let's talk about life for a while: The conflicts, the craziness and the sound of pretenses Falling all around.

Why are you so petrified of silence? Here can you handle this......

Did you think about your bills, your ex, your deadlines, Or when you think you're gonna die? Or did you long for the next distraction? And all I need now is intellectual intercourse, A soul to dig the hole much deeper. And I have no concept of time other than it is flying, If only I could kill the killer.

All I really want is some peace man, place to find a common ground. And all I really want is a wavelength.......
All I really want is some comfort, A way to get my hands untied. And all I really want is some justice...

TravelGal
07-20-05, 03:57 AM
And I want to read the rest!

Paintergeek
07-20-05, 06:53 PM
Thats all of it. Quoted from a most unlikely source, for me anyway. Alanis Morissette, Jagged little pill CD, first song. "All I really want".

Im not a big fan, but that CD has so many recognizable songs, and many have really great lyrics (just not my style of music). But I always really like the lyrics to this one. It got stuck in my head, so I posted them here........as I have a tendency to do.

And I want to read the rest!

TravelGal
07-20-05, 08:01 PM
I thought it might be the end but I was hoping that it might be part of some long, inscrutable treatise. I do like Alanis Morissette but didn't recognize it. I spend my time with only the hum of the computer for sound and my money on, you guessed it, TRAVEL (including champ cars, of course!)

fourrunner
07-20-05, 08:40 PM
Whenever I visualize "Stressed Out", I picture "Kramer in his Apartment accross from the Flashing "Kenny Rogers Chicken" sign ! :0

Paintergeek
07-21-05, 08:12 AM
I was hoping that it might be part of some long, inscrutable treatise.

Wow....you just blew my mind! But you sound like the bizarro-me (another seinfeld reference/superman). I spend all my money on CD's and dislike travel more than almost anything else. Every nickel spent on travel I feel was wasted money Ill never see again. But thats a whole new thread....or blog as it would be for me. I could write a BOOK on how many things about traveling I hate. I had a friend tell me if he hit the lottery, he would send me to Tahiti. I asked why he would be so insistant in making my life miserable just because he has money..........

Joelski
07-21-05, 09:59 PM
Dude, do you wear a respirator mask when you shoot?

:justcurious: ;)