PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching "Into the West?"

Racing Truth
07-18-05, 02:40 PM
Thoughts?

TKGAngel
07-18-05, 07:09 PM
Thoughts?

Went from Good...to Bad...to So Bad Its Good...to Way Beyond Bad...to Why the Heck do I Continue to watch this? :confused:

Spielberg did amazing with Band of Brothers, so we know he can do the miniseries thing. But Into the West tries to do too much, cover too many events and incorporate too many characters, and that makes it complicated. Just as I start to care about one of them, poof, we're in another vignette or the characters have aged or died or been recast or there's another character to deal with. If one were to develop a drinking game based on when the characters were recast/died, one would be quite sloshed by the end of the first hour!

Paintergeek
07-18-05, 10:18 PM
my wife is big time. I bailed out when the one dude got married, then his wife got her leg run over, and then died while having it amputated. I said "He just met her like, a week ago, got married yesterday, and now shes dead. Why is he so worked up?". Thats when my wife informed me that the previous 30 minutes of show covered like, 3 years. I knew right then I was right the first episode.........nothin I want any part of.