PDA

View Full Version : Seabass unimpressed with Crapwagons, Foyt

nrc
07-17-05, 02:19 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2005/07/17/Sports/It_s_tough_building_f.shtml

SB: It's kind of the story of the season really. Everything is looking good until it all goes to heck in a hurry. Bruno was looking awful strong and was marching forward and so did we and he had his terrible crash to, really, an idiot. I can't say otherwise. Just what (A.J.) Foyt IV did is completely unbelievable. (Junqueira was lapping Foyt on Lap 77 when Foyt turned down into him, making contact and causing Junqueira to crash hard into the wall.)

It cost Bruno his season and also compromised our Champ Car program. Mine and his. We have a very productive relationship with Bruno. He is a friend and it's always tough to go by the car of your teammate and see the feet of your teammate through the chassis.

SB: I don't know what will happen. I would guess (team co-owner) Carl (Haas) would be somewhat reluctant to enter cars next year because it's never a good thing to see people getting hurt like that. Quite honestly, I was quite unimpressed with the way the car reacted to the impact. The seat position is really dangerous because we're so laid-down that any impact pretty much everybody busts their back, and that's bad. And secondly, there are people out there that should not be driving on the road that are driving in Indy. It's a great race, but right now I'm not sure it's quite safe to do it and if it's the thing to do right now.

I hope he's right about Haas. Maybe Honda won't be looking to pour more money into the hole next year.

racer2c
07-17-05, 05:14 PM
Maybe Brickman will come along and tell us how wrong SB is. :thumdown:

dando
07-17-05, 05:15 PM
Maybe Brickman will come along and tell us how wrong SB is. :thumdown:
:rofl:

I'm just wondering WTF took Seabass so long to mention how bad jacktard IV is. :(

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
07-17-05, 05:16 PM
As someone who takes idiot as a compliment, I resent the IV comparison. :gomer:

trish
07-17-05, 05:23 PM
:rofl:

I'm just wondering WTF took Seabass so long to mention how bad jacktard IV is. :(

-Kevin
THis isn't Sebastian's first comment on IV. He had something to say right after Indy.

Ziggy
07-18-05, 03:36 AM
Maybe Brickman will come along and tell us how wrong SB

How true! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Great post! :thumbup:

JohnHKart
07-18-05, 09:23 AM
Foyt 4's spotter must be Stevie Wonder....almost happened again in Nashville as I mentioned in the Futility thread.

John