PDA

View Full Version : Danicle quote of the day

oddlycalm
07-15-05, 10:07 PM
Patrick said. “But it’s always nice to start on the front row. We’ve proven this year that we can start up front and go backward. I’d like to change that theme.” A candid and accurate comment. Apparently she doesn't believe her own press.... yet.

oc

Insomniac
07-15-05, 10:33 PM
A candid and accurate comment. Apparently she doesn't believe her own press.... yet.

oc

You mean like when she said she can't win every race?

DagoFast
07-16-05, 01:02 AM
"We’ve proven this year that we can start up front and go backward."

This year? She's been proving it for years. I think it's safe to call it a trend.

nrc
07-16-05, 01:45 PM
"We’ve proven this year that we can start up front and go backward."

This year? She's been proving it for years. I think it's safe to call it a trend.
Actually, if you look at her record in Atlantic she didn't have any particular tendancy to move backwards. She improved from her first to second year, so if there was a trend it was just the opposite of what you're implying.

Sorry to spoil your fun. Danica is clearly no Almendinger, but she's no Fisher, either.

pchall
07-16-05, 02:13 PM
Actually, if you look at her record in Atlantic she didn't have any particular tendancy to move backwards. She improved from her first to second year, so if there was a trend it was just the opposite of what you're implying.

Sorry to spoil your fun. Danica is clearly no Almendinger, but she's no Fisher, either.

IRL Pole: DNFisher √ Danicle √
Best IRL Finish: DNFisher 2nd Danicle 4th
Wreck at Indy: DNFisher √ Danicle √

She may be no DNFisher but she's getting close.

RacinM3
07-16-05, 11:06 PM
She's not even close to being as bad as Fisher.

DagoFast
07-17-05, 12:06 AM

Danicle never had far to fall back in Atlantics. She never got any special motors in qualifying to put her on the pole or front row. She qualied midpack and usually finished there. She was pretty much unremarkable, except for the fact she was a she. And her former series didnt pimp her out, build their entire TV broadcasts around her and hang all their hopes on her.

As far as making fun of her, she's fair game just like any c-wagon pilot. No discrimination from me!

But we do agree on one thing, she's no Almendinger.

nrc
07-17-05, 01:09 AM
Danicle never had far to fall back in Atlantics. She never got any special motors in qualifying to put her on the pole or front row. She qualied midpack and usually finished there.
We can agree that she usually started mid-pack. But the she rarely fell back. Most of the time she moved up. Which makes what you said untrue. I never said that Danica was remarkable. I said that what you said was wrong.

Yes, Danica is fair game along with every other driver. Feel free to take another shot. But it's more effective you don't just make stuff up.

Dr. Corkski
07-17-05, 01:17 AM
2004 Toyota Atlantic final standings:

1 Jon Fogarty 327 293 34
2 Ryan Dalziel 309 298 11
3 Danica Patrick 269 246 23
4 Andrew Ranger (R) 257 231 26
5 Ronnie Bremer (R) 251 224 27

Bossman is right here. Plenty of reasons to make fun of Danicle that you don't need to make stuff up, that kind of thing belongs in other fourms. :thumdown:

The Doctor
07-17-05, 01:35 AM
"For some reason ... when the first green flag hits... it's just tough. I don't know what it is," Patrick said. "I'm sure it's a lot me and keeping momentum up. The restarts are fine. If we could just start single file each time, I'd be fine."

Next rule change -- single-file starts! :gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
07-17-05, 01:44 AM

1 Jon Fogarty 327 293 34

Bossman is right here. Plenty of reasons to make fun of Danicle that you don't need to make stuff up, that kind of thing belongs in other fourms. :thumdown:That's true. Like Crack Forum.

Dr. Corkski
07-17-05, 02:23 AM
That's true. Like Crack Forum.Marxie posts there too? :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
07-17-05, 09:00 AM

1 Jon Fogarty 327 293 34

Bossman is right here. Plenty of reasons to make fun of Danicle that you don't need to make stuff up, that kind of thing belongs in other fourms. :thumdown:

So when you refer to Katherine as Danica II, does that mean you are complimenting her?

G.
07-18-05, 11:52 AM
I flipped on the earl race Saturday, then proceeded to do other unpleasant stuff (garbage, clean the sink, de-muck the fishbowl, etc.). At one point, I heard Goodyear say something to the effect of "Danica is back in 13th spot for this restart. What she's probably doing is holding back to make the charge at the end, like she likes to do."

Then I had to clean up the sprayed beer off the sink, counters, floor.

I'm not a Danica basher, hey, I wish her the best, but this was THE stupidest thing I have ever heard Goodyear say, and there's a lot of material to choose from.

stroker
07-18-05, 12:05 PM
I flipped on the earl race Saturday, then proceeded to do other unpleasant stuff (garbage, clean the sink, de-muck the fishbowl, etc.). At one point, I heard Goodyear say something to the effect of "Danica is back in 13th spot for this restart. What she's probably doing is holding back to make the charge at the end, like she likes to do."

Then I had to clean up the sprayed beer off the sink, counters, floor.

I'm not a Danica basher, hey, I wish her the best, but this was THE stupidest thing I have ever heard Goodyear say, and there's a lot of material to choose from.

^^^^^TFF! :rofl:

G.
07-18-05, 06:03 PM
This guy has a lot to say about the earl races.

http://pressdog.blogspot.com/

Video of Kanaan driving around people high on the start like he's on the the interstate. Goodyear says the lack of marbles let him do that. Back to Danica. Harris: "She's showing a lot of patience." Takes a lot of patience to go from second to eighth in five laps. Other female drivers, not that I'd name names, get dissed for putting it into reverse.

Danica posts the third fastest lap of the race! Todd has a renewed spirit for life. He now has something to go on living for. Video of Danica blowing by Wheldon. Wheldon got some "dirty air" and had to get out of the throttle. Expect Todd to start peeing any second. Goodyear is helping Todd find his glycerine tablets (for heart attack) in the booth.

Todd: "She may be small in stature but here comes the Danica Express." I been waiting for it. I wonder if he has these things numbered on a sheet somewhere and crosses them off as he uses it. At some point the writers have to come up with some more.

RusH
07-18-05, 08:54 PM
Todd Harris is the worst.

"Tony Kannan in 1st, Danica in 9th", "now lets go Jaimie Little who is with Danica`s mom"
"Danica oh Danica" :shakehead

Winston Wolfe
07-19-05, 12:56 AM

It takes more time than I have to read his blog, but browsing through quickly it is pretty damn funny, and this guys know irl vs. champ car.

Good stuff ! :thumbup:

G.
07-19-05, 11:49 AM
It takes more time than I have to read his blog, but browsing through quickly it is pretty damn funny, and this guys know irl vs. champ car.

Good stuff ! :thumbup:He's actually an earlista, in fact a Sarah fan (he follows her tintop races).

But he seems to point out stupidity where he sees it.

Rocketdoc
07-19-05, 04:53 PM
IRL Pole: DNFisher √ Danicle √
Best IRL Finish: DNFisher 2nd Danicle 4th
Wreck at Indy: DNFisher √ Danicle √

She may be no DNFisher but she's getting close.

It is still my opinion that almost any "reasonable driver", given a very good race engineer for setup, and a factory engine, can sit on the front row of any of the IRL oval races, including the IRL 500.

I know that sounds empty coming from just a fan, but I really believe it.

Even as CART II, the IRL fields are not very "deep", and the competitive equipment varies widely.

A well setup car, running right up on the rev-limiter, with wings broad enough to keep you "planted" can be run by an average driver, near, if not at the front of an IRL "show".

Fire away.

JT265
07-19-05, 06:04 PM
It is still my opinion that almost any "reasonable driver", given a very good race engineer for setup, and a factory engine, can sit on the front row of any of the IRL oval races, including the IRL 500.

I know that sounds empty coming from just a fan, but I really believe it.

Even as CART II, the IRL fields are not very "deep", and the competitive equipment varies widely.

A well setup car, running right up on the rev-limiter, with wings broad enough to keep you "planted" can be run by an average driver, near, if not at the front of an IRL "show".

Fire away.

Fire away at what?? You nailed it, nuff said. :cool:

dando
07-19-05, 06:06 PM

THAT is some seriously funny ****. Thx for sharing. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Kevin

oddlycalm
07-19-05, 08:44 PM
IRL leader Tony George is expected to come out with an engine specification plan for 2007 sometime yet this century. "We're working on it," said Tony who was rumored to be days away from making Michelin the official tire supplier of the IRL. "We've had some interest from Yugo and we also got a nice flyer from Ray's Engine Works in Fort Wayne saying he might be interested in supplying engines." Good thing the EARL hasn't made him cynical... ;) I've never watched an EARL race, but this guy's blow by blow was funny as hell. Thanks for providing the link G., I plan to check back and so I can keep track of how Danicle is doing...

oc

Steve99
07-19-05, 10:20 PM

That may become a must read after every twirling.

G.
07-20-05, 11:52 AM
I sent the author an email of appreciation and an OC headsup.

Cool. Thanks large for the shout outs. I'll check out
your board. I prefer oval races but I'd never call
myself anti-Champ Car. It takes major driver skill to
be a successful street racer, of that I am sure. Much
of the time I think IRL success is about 75%
car/engineer and 25% driver.

Thanks again,

Bill

> Bill,
>
> I stumbled on your blog and read your comments on
> the IRL races. Way too funny!
>
> I posted a link on a BB that I post to. The BB
> is offcamber.net, a very anti-IRL/pro Champ Car
> website. Very smart fans, and not just cheerleaders.
>
> You have some new fans. Even if you do like the
> earl.
>
> Regards and Thanks,
>
> G.

pressdog
07-21-05, 06:58 AM
I sent the author an email of appreciation and an OC headsup.
Thanks for reading my stuff, the kind words and the e-mail, G. I try to post at least once a week and put up notes after every race.

Don Quixote
07-21-05, 08:42 AM
Welcome pressdog. We have two rules here.
1. FTG
2. New guy buys the beer.
:thumbup:

indyfan31
07-21-05, 09:45 AM
Thanks for reading my stuff, the kind words and the e-mail, G. I try to post at least once a week and put up notes after every race.
Your blog must be good, the netnannies at work have it blocked.
I'll try at home. Welcome. :thumbup:

pressdog
07-21-05, 10:10 AM
Welcome pressdog. We have two rules here.
1. FTG
2. New guy buys the beer.
:thumbup:
Number 1 was easy enough to figure out. Number 2 is understandable.

oddlycalm
07-21-05, 04:30 PM
Great blog pressdog. We appreciate your astute coverage of the Danica jihad. ;)

oc