PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton practice

KLang
07-15-05, 02:41 PM
The front end of the grid has all the usual suspects, Go AJ! But what's this, Philippe in 9th?

dando
07-15-05, 02:48 PM
Good recovery by Seabass. He was sucking early on. I suspect he had a problem, as he wasn't on the track much early in the session.

-Kevin

KLang
07-15-05, 02:52 PM
I went out to lunch and missed the last half of the session, did PT have a problem of some sort?

dando
07-15-05, 03:04 PM
I went out to lunch and missed the last half of the session, did PT have a problem of some sort?

1h03m RED FLAG Paul Tracy has spun and stalled at Turn 10.

From the RD commentary. PT got an 8 minute penalty for that spin.

-Kevin

KLang
07-15-05, 03:08 PM
From the RD commentary. PT got an 8 minute penalty for that spin.

-Kevin

dando
07-15-05, 03:13 PM
Also, Ranger and Stoopid Mario had contact towards the end. Both are OK.

-Kevin

pchall
07-15-05, 03:33 PM
Also, Ranger and Stoopid Mario had contact towards the end. Both are OK.

-Kevin

That's two bonehead wrecks on consecutive weekends for Stoopid Mario. I bet Forsythe now will be more than a little peeved.

Racing Truth
07-15-05, 04:14 PM
That's two bonehead wrecks on consecutive weekends for Stoopid Mario. I bet Forsythe now will be more than a little peeved.

Indeed, but to be fair, it could have been Slodolfo in the 2nd Forsythe car. At least MD has won races.

PKV continues its surge too.

Dr. Corkski
07-15-05, 04:17 PM
Indeed, but to be fair, it could have been Slodolfo in the 2nd Forsythe car. At least MD has won races.

PKV continues its surge too.Wankdolfo would have been crashing on his own dime (well his mommy's dime) instead of Forsythe's. :gomer:

KLang
07-15-05, 04:17 PM
AJ tops practice 2. :thumbup: Wilson 2nd.

Racing Truth
07-15-05, 04:19 PM
Wankdolfo would have been crashing on his own dime (well his mommy's dime) instead of Forsythe's. :gomer:

Yeah, good point.

AJ: :thumbup:

Insomniac
07-15-05, 04:19 PM
AJ tops practice 2. :thumbup: Wilson 2nd.

AJ a full second faster than Seabass's P1 time!

Insomniac
07-15-05, 04:20 PM

Was that his fault or the team's? He was too far back to see any other cars slow up and it seems no one told him about AJ.

JoeBob
07-15-05, 05:10 PM
The other drivers were able to figure out that they should slow down. They probably noticed the flaggers. Why couldn't Stupid Mario? If this was the first time he'd hit a wrecked car, it would be one thing, but lets not forget his role in the Surfer's Paradise debacle.

Insomniac
07-15-05, 06:49 PM
The other drivers were able to figure out that they should slow down. They probably noticed the flaggers. Why couldn't Stupid Mario? If this was the first time he'd hit a wrecked car, it would be one thing, but lets not forget his role in the Surfer's Paradise debacle.

The other driver's at least had the benefit of seeing other cars swerve or slow down. Mario had a good gap in fron of him. However, I dodn't think about the flags. Would they be waving a turn or 2 earlier? I'm just surprised no one said anything on his radio before that.

Surfer's: That wasn't pretty stupid to go full speed through the myst hoping everyone got through okay. He didn't help any, but he didn't start it either.

Rogue Leader
07-15-05, 06:54 PM
Surfer's: That wasn't pretty stupid to go full speed through the myst hoping everyone got through okay. He didn't help any, but he didn't start it either.

Agreed... especially in a wet condition if you see the wreck straight ahead its best to keep going as more than likely the wreck will have slid out of the way (excluding a car in the wall) by the time you get there..... principle works better on a banked oval tho....

Dr. Corkski
07-15-05, 06:54 PM
The other driver's at least had the benefit of seeing other cars swerve or slow down. Mario had a good gap in fron of him. However, I dodn't think about the flags. Would they be waving a turn or 2 earlier? I'm just surprised no one said anything on his radio before that.

Surfer's: That wasn't pretty stupid to go full speed through the myst hoping everyone got through okay. He didn't help any, but he didn't start it either.You would think his team would tell him over the radio too. Then again you would expect a team to not run you out of fuel either.

G.
07-15-05, 07:01 PM
You would think his team would tell him over the radio too. Then again you would expect a team to not run you out of fuel either.
A lot of tracks don't have full course coverage for radio communications.

IIRC the Oz crash was right in front of the pits, so they would certainly have comms there.

I'm just sayin'.

FCYTravis
07-15-05, 10:09 PM
A flat, short airport track like Edmonton should pose no problem at all for radio communications. If they were at Mid-Ohio or Road America I could see that...

Insomniac
07-15-05, 10:32 PM
A flat, short airport track like Edmonton should pose no problem at all for radio communications. If they were at Mid-Ohio or Road America I could see that...

We're referring to the Toronto incident.

Jervis Tetch 1
07-16-05, 01:16 AM
All in all a great day for Dinger. :thumbup:

nrc
07-16-05, 11:00 AM
Looks like 'Dinger might be ready for that breakout win. With shorty fighting his way into the mix Tracy and Seabass might just wake up and find themselves fighting for forth in the championship. :)

Opposite Lock
07-16-05, 12:12 PM
Man is it wet there! It's now about half an hour until the Saturday morning ChampCar practice, and Race Director is showing a Trans Am session. Major puddle action! :eek:

trish
07-16-05, 12:24 PM
All you can hear right now are the rain drops.

pchall
07-16-05, 12:35 PM
It's a good thing all those fans got out there in the good weather yesterday!

Champ Car practice delayed for 30 minutes due to standing water according to Race Director.

Weather forecast for tomorrow from my weather site looks better for tomorrow.

FCYTravis
07-16-05, 12:50 PM
Toronto, same deal. Shouldn't be any issue with radio comms. It's only 1.7 miles around. My 5w ham HT can go farther than that.

Of course, you could just stick a base station 50w radio in the car... ;)

nrc
07-16-05, 01:19 PM
Saturday Practice delayed by standing water on the track. Hope this won't be a problem if we get rain during the event.

Ouch. They just went from delay until 1:30 (ET) to delayed indefinitely.

KLang
07-16-05, 01:42 PM
The latest:

The morning practice session has been cancelled due to standing water. Skies are clearing to the west; the schedule has been amended as follows: Practice 1:30-2:15 MT, ten minute break, Final Qualifying 2:25-3:00 MT. The next session gets underway at 1:30pm MT (3:30pm ET, 19:30 UTC).

Looks like conditions may be improving.

pchall
07-16-05, 02:03 PM
The latest:
Looks like conditions may be improving.

Maybe not.

http://www.file-sharer.com/champ%2Dboat/images/header.jpg

:D

KLang
07-16-05, 02:06 PM
Maybe not.

I'm trying to be optimistic. Thinking happy thoughts. ;)

pchall
07-16-05, 02:29 PM
I'm trying to be optimistic. Thinking happy thoughts. ;)

So am I. But my thoughts almost always have a silly side. :gomer:

KLang
07-16-05, 02:39 PM
So am I. But my thoughts almost always have a silly side. :gomer:

Personally, I'm having a tough time staying away from the HVM thread. :D

Insomniac
07-16-05, 02:49 PM
Toronto, same deal. Shouldn't be any issue with radio comms. It's only 1.7 miles around. My 5w ham HT can go farther than that.

Of course, you could just stick a base station 50w radio in the car... ;)

I thought the buildings would have an effect.

pchall
07-16-05, 03:29 PM
Personally, I'm having a tough time staying away from the HVM thread. :D

Whatever floats your ChampBoat. ;)

KLang
07-16-05, 03:33 PM
Practice just started.

dando
07-16-05, 03:43 PM
Times are way down (or up) today...I'll wager yesterday's quals will stand.

If so, :cool: for RuSport, AJ, and Justin. :thumbup:

-Kevin

nrc
07-16-05, 03:49 PM
Anyone else having problems with Race Director? When I do a video pop-up form Mozilla I get a content license error. When I try to login with Explorer 6 it takes me right back to the login screen.

dando
07-16-05, 03:51 PM
Anyone else having problems with Race Director? When I do a video pop-up form Mozilla I get a content license error. When I try to login with Explorer 6 it takes me right back to the login screen.
No, I got right into the video. It dint prompt me for my login this time either. Using FF 1.0.4 on XP Pro.

-Kevin

dando
07-16-05, 03:59 PM
Weather forecast for tomorrow from my weather site looks better for tomorrow.
40% POP for tomorrow according to the Cannuckian Wx Service:

http://www.weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/pages/ab-50_metric_e.html

Interestingly, it's only going to be 23.... :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
07-16-05, 04:01 PM
RHR comes out on slicks, spins in T5, and drags a whole bunch of muck onto the track. No red flag?

-Kevin

trish
07-16-05, 04:29 PM
It was doing that to me last week. I thought it was just me. It works fine for me at the moment.

trish
07-16-05, 04:31 PM
I did email Champ Car while it was happening to me, but instead of waiting for a response I went and did a factory restore. ANyway, here is their response:

Greetings Race Director Customer,

Thank you for contacting Race Director Customer Support!

It sounds like you're experiencing a login loop. To resolve this loop, please make sure that you are not running any programs such as ZoneAlarm or similar firewall software, including Windows XP's firewall that is turned on automatically in Service Pack 2. Also, make sure your cookies are enabled by opening your Internet Explorer (IE) browser and clicking on "Tools", "Internet Options", and then go to the "Privacy" tab. Make sure your privacy settings are "medium" or "medium low". Then, click on the "General" tab and click "Delete Cookies". Once your cookies are deleted, please exit all instances of IE and then re-open IE and attempt to login to our service again.

If you reply to this email, please include the entire email history so that we can easily view our past discussions of your support issue. Please note that email support is available during our normal weekday business hours.

Sincerely,
Race Director Customer Support
support@champcar.ws

dando
07-16-05, 04:37 PM
I tried to switch views for quals to track cam 2, and I received the license error. Closed WMP (well, it crashed when I tried to close it), retried it with track cam 1, and it worked fine.

-Kevin

nrc
07-16-05, 04:42 PM
Thanks, Trish. I'll look through those suggestions. I'm not sure why it would just break. We haven't downloaded any updates or changed anything.

Lizzerd
07-16-05, 05:26 PM
I tried to switch views for quals to track cam 2, and I received the license error. Closed WMP (well, it crashed when I tried to close it), retried it with track cam 1, and it worked fine.

-Kevin

Exact same thing(s) happened to me, but I had to do a power-off reboot.

Worked great after that.

Insomniac
07-17-05, 05:43 PM
You would think his team would tell him over the radio too. Then again you would expect a team to not run you out of fuel either.

They said on today's broadcast his radio was broken at Toronto and that's why they couldn't warn him. I guess it happened too fast for the flags to warn him as well. In the end, I'm glad no one was hurt.