PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma....

TRDfan
07-15-05, 01:59 PM
Got a phone call today from my Toyota rep. She said "your IRL tickets (for Milwaukee) are going in the mail today."

My first thought - I never asked for them, but I did want ALMS at RA tix. She knows I'm a race fan, but like most people, even she can't keep the various series straight.

This year is going to be pretty slim for race events for me, ALMS is looking like about my only weekend at a track.

Do I take the tix and hold my nose, or use them to spiff someone else in the dealership ?

P.S. Yes, I know my handle indicates I'm a Toyota fan, but the IRL bores me.
Ugly cars and pedal to the floor. I'm a Champ Car guy.

pchall
07-15-05, 02:05 PM
Do I take the tix and hold my nose, or use them to spiff someone else in the dealership ?

When I've gotten IRL freebies I've mailed them to 16th and Georgetown right after the race.

Mailing address: PO Box 24152 Speedway, IN 46224

Direct them to Fred Nation, since TG will never open any mail for the obvious reason...

FRANKY
07-15-05, 02:32 PM
When I've gotten IRL freebies I've mailed them to 16th and Georgetown right after the race.

Mailing address: PO Box 24152 Speedway, IN 46224

Direct them to Fred Nation, since TG will never open any mail for the obvious reason...

Seems like you would want to send them before indicating you don't want to go, then after. It's not like they are going to resell them.

By the numbers comparing 2004/2005:

Qualifying CCWS 181.150 Vs 169.338 (05' - 176.235)
Average Speed CCWS 129.859 Vs 128.272 (05' - 130.301)
Lead Changes CCWS 0 Vs 8 IRL (05' - 7)
Cars on Lead Lap CCWS 3 Vs 7 IRL (05' - 5)
Fewer Caution Flags CCWS 46 Laps Vs 39 Laps IRL (05' - 4 for 30)
Cars DNF Equal

KLang
07-15-05, 02:47 PM

I say take the tickets and throw them away. That way no other poor soul is tempted to attend the crap.

Franky sure seems to be up on all the earl statistics. :shakehead

cart7
07-15-05, 04:00 PM
Boy, you'll really kick yourself later if that turns out to be the race Danicle finally gets her first win and you weren't there to witness it. :gomer:

FRANKY
07-15-05, 05:28 PM
I say take the tickets and throw them away. That way no other poor soul is tempted to attend the crap.

Franky sure seems to be up on all the earl statistics. :shakehead

I posted twice as many CCWS stats. 2004 & 2005.

nrc
07-15-05, 05:54 PM
Now way. You'll get crapwagon stink all over you.

The only way you should go is if you take along someone with a camera, hunt down each of the drivers, and film their reaction to this question, "Can you tell me where Danica is?"

Insomniac
07-15-05, 06:51 PM

The only way you should go is if you take along someone with a camera, hunt down each of the drivers, and film their reaction to this question, "Can you tell me where Danica is?"

That would be funny!

RichK
07-15-05, 07:05 PM
Can you tell me where Danica is?

Do you race with Danica?

Why is Danica so much better than you?

Have you won as many races as Danica?

Sean O'Gorman
07-15-05, 09:19 PM
Has anyone seen the latest IRL magazine ad?

It says "Get used to it, boys" and has a large pic of Danica's face, with small pics of 6 other drivers in the background. Are they talking about getting used to losing to her, or getting used to the lack of media attention? :laugh:

Rocketdoc
07-15-05, 09:27 PM
"Direct them to Fred Nation, since TG will never open any mail for the obvious reason...[/QUOTE]"

I don't know, Tony has an affinity for white powder....

TRDfan
07-21-05, 03:04 PM
I just can't do it. Not going to go...

Turned on the TV last Saturday....heard that endless drone, and thought, why would I want to go ?

All I would think about is how damn ugly and noisy they are.

Lizzerd
07-21-05, 05:15 PM
Good decision. :thumbup:

Don Quixote
07-21-05, 05:38 PM
Yes, you made the right call!

cameraman
07-21-05, 05:45 PM
Not to mention the fact that it is going to be over 90° with humidity to match.
There will be quite a bit of stink going on and not just from the crapwagons.....

fourrunner
07-21-05, 06:16 PM

OR Try this variation..... Approach say..... Dan Wheldon Or Any other Male Driver for that matter....

"I'm new to the IRL. Where's Danica Patrick I hear she's the Best Driver in the Series, and pretty much dominated the Indy 500 .... Your dressed like your a Driver ... Who Are You??" ;)

Wheel-Nut
07-21-05, 06:30 PM
. . . . .
P.S. Yes, I know my handle indicates I'm a Toyota fan, . . . . .

I thought you had just left out a vowel! :rofl: :p

Chief
07-22-05, 01:05 AM
FRANKY, you going?

Dr. Corkski
07-22-05, 01:34 AM
FRANKY, you going?What's it matter to you, you planning on going? :gomer:

FRANKY
07-23-05, 01:22 AM
FRANKY, you going?

No. I liked the flavor of the old stands. Haven't been there with the new shiny stands.

TravelGal
07-23-05, 02:59 AM
OR Try this variation..... Approach say..... Dan Wheldon Or Any other Male Driver for that matter....

"I'm new to the IRL. Where's Danica Patrick I hear she's the Best Driver in the Series, and pretty much dominated the Indy 500 .... Your dressed like your a Driver ... Who Are You??" ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Be especially sure to ask Tony K.

But, seriously folks, I think you made the right decision. You started out by saying that race events this year were going to be pretty slim. This wouldn't be one anyway.