PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap! R.A. Wants to Keep CART...

HolyCrap
03-10-03, 06:55 PM
Just had the track spokeswoman on our show...not giving up yet. They say they hope the lawyers can work something out yet.

Have not talked to the IRL.

And get this...said they had no idea from CART about this....told this morning about a story on CART.com and that's how RA found out about it.

devilmaster
03-10-03, 06:57 PM
was listening in.... good questions by the announcers.... Thanks again, HC.

Steve

HolyCrap
03-10-03, 07:01 PM
Announcers!
Ha...I haven't been called that in a while....That was me!

RARules
03-10-03, 07:06 PM
Just heard it, too.

I'm being (probably unrealistically) optimistic that they can still work something out. For this to be true, CART would have to be using this as a high-pressure tactic. It sounds more like they just got totally fed up with dealing with RA management.

From what I didn't hear on the radio, the "check" may not have been considered an adequate installment. Again, she wasn't going to release any details because of pending litigation.

This is really sad. Not the kind of news that we all need. Not the kind of news we need to be going out to the rest of the world, either.

devilmaster
03-10-03, 07:13 PM
Yeah, hc....

I heard you say about how you were asking for questions online... ;)

I'm going to repeat something someone else said elsewhere... Any chance your show can get someone from CART later this week? Something that caught my ear was her claim that CART returned the payment that RA sent out on Friday. Hopin you can get a CART spokesperson in the next couple days.

Thanx again.

Steve

Gurneyflap
03-10-03, 07:27 PM
No comment.

RaceChic
04-09-03, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
No comment.

You're a pain when you do that..........:mad: :mad: :mad:
Why bother posting a reply then????? :confused: :saywhat: :confused: :saywhat:

Gurneyflap
04-09-03, 05:59 PM
HEY! It was March 10th...why did YOU wait a month to ask? (See other reply on old topic, maybe that'll explain it) Hope to see you at the RA CART race presented by... MARIO!

RaceChic
04-09-03, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
HEY! It was March 10th...why did YOU wait a month to ask? (See other reply on old topic, maybe that'll explain it) Hope to see you at the RA CART race presented by... MARIO!

Yup. Should be there. Does this mean that you just can't wait to meet me???!!!??? You're not going to attack me are you??? At least let me have a few beers first....I will more than likely be hanging with the OC crowd as will you.

Nobody is debating Mario here. This isn't an attack on you as a person. I've had pee jump on me for stuff. Used to take it personally. Now I don't. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just wondering what the deal was with the same reply every time. That's all. Sorry for offending you. I never take pride in that, ever.

See this...........other topic.......... (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=843)