PDA

View Full Version : USGP refund policy....

devilmaster
07-15-05, 10:33 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=130408

If you were one of the unfortunate Formula One fans who attended the U.S. Grand Prix fiasco, there is finally some good news regarding ticket refunds.

Michelin of North American and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway have unveiled details of a refund program. All tickets purchased for race day are eligible for a refund and Michelin says it will only cover the face value of the ticket.

The Indianapolis Motor Speedway will administer the refund program. IMS Account Holders, those who purchased a ticket to the race and thus established a USGP Ticket Account with the Speedway, will not have to do anything. They will be mailed a letter from IMS and Michelin next week detailing the ticket refund process for them.

If you bought a ticket but did not establish a USGP Ticket Account, then you will need to complete a Stubbed Ticket Claim Form. Details of the ticket refund process and claim forms will be available beginning Aug. 8, 2005 at www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com, at the IMS Ticket Office or on request by phone at 1-877-950-8747. These claims must be postmarked by August 29, 2005 to be included in the ticket refund process.

Michelin says it expects refund checks to be mailed between September 19 to 26.

More info at http://www.usgpindy.com/news/story.php?story_id=5039

SteveH
07-15-05, 12:11 PM
OK, let's say I bought 6 tickets from IMS and subsequently sold them to devilmaster a few days before the race. devilmaster fills out the stubbed ticket request form and submits that, meanwhile I don't do anything.

Who gets the refund? :gomer:

JoeBob
07-15-05, 12:24 PM
IMS Account Holders will be mailed a letter from IMS and Michelin next week detailing the ticket refund process for them. IMS Account Holders should not complete a Stubbed Ticket Claim Form. No action is required. Once all Stubbed Ticket Claim Forms have been received and processed by IMS, each Account Holder will be automatically refunded for any tickets they purchased and not already submitted to IMS for a stubbed ticket refund.

DM gets the money. And if you sold it to him for below face value, he makes a little money on the deal. :D

Ozarkian
07-15-05, 01:50 PM
They're moving a LOT faster on this than I thought they would.

Lizzerd
07-15-05, 08:04 PM
OK, let's say I bought 6 tickets from IMS and subsequently sold them to devilmaster a few days before the race. devilmaster fills out the stubbed ticket request form and submits that, meanwhile I don't do anything.

Who gets the refund? :gomer:

That was gonna be my question. It is quite an interesting conundrum. Since you have an account that says that you bought six tickets and that those are the claims that will be processed first, I'd say you made some good money on the deal and devilmaster is screwed if they match the seats to your tickets, thinking you would reimburse devilmaster for his purchase. Or, they could be morons (closer to reality) and send you both money.

And what if you would have sold the six tickets anonymously?

Edit: I read the press release closer. Never mind... devilmaster gets the money.

devilmaster
07-15-05, 09:32 PM
So basically out of all of this.....

I get money for doing nothing.....

I'm working for the government again! :D