PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap! R.A. Talks This Afternoon on my show...

HolyCrap
03-10-03, 05:16 PM
www.620wtmj.com
to listen live at about 4:25 this afternoon, central time....questions?

mnkywrch
03-10-03, 05:19 PM
Link doesn't work for me.

http://www.620wtmj.com/620listenlive/index-new-alt.asp

Napoleon
03-10-03, 05:24 PM
Hey HC, post a summary for us all here that may not be able to tune in.

devilmaster
03-10-03, 05:27 PM
i'm listening in... hope to hear in an hour.

Steve

Lizzerd
03-10-03, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Napoleon
Hey HC, post a summary for us all here that may not be able to tune in.

Yes, please do. I'm out the door in a few minutes and won't be able to hear it.

rabbit
03-10-03, 06:05 PM
What Nap and Lizzerd said....

Napoleon
03-10-03, 06:57 PM
Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth. She wants to act like RA is not at fault, yet she admits the lawyers are preparing a defense. What defense do they need to prepare if they were making the payment that was the default in their performance under the contract.

HolyCrap
03-10-03, 07:00 PM
Napoleon...

Plus, she said they had no track record of problems with CART before this race was dropped.

What the?
They're suing you...of course there were problems.

Anyhow....hope you all had a chance to listen....just doing my part to talk CART, even if it's under tough circumstances.

Napoleon
03-10-03, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by HolyCrap
What the?
They're suing you...of course there were problems.

Thats what makes RA's whole story sound like a bunch of BS. They still have never publically stated that CART was wrong in suing them, but still are faking that they are still surprised, even thought the lawsuit was filed over 30 days ago and you can be sure there were letters months and months before that.

RARules
03-10-03, 07:08 PM
Holy Crap! Thanks for the heads-up. Thanks goodness she was a bit late and I got to hear it.

And thanks more for trying to get the air cleared.

Gurneyflap
03-10-03, 07:29 PM
No comment!

Warlock!
03-11-03, 12:38 PM
HC... are you gonna try to snag someone with ChampCar to get their counterpoints in? Right now she made it seem like it's all their fault, and the average Joe RadioListener is getting a bitter taste in his mouth towards ChampCar because of it.

Winter Warlock!

HolyCrap
03-11-03, 02:34 PM
Warlock!
I tried.
CART's main spokesman says the organization will make no comment further than the release/story you saw on cart.com Monday.

RaceChic
04-09-03, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Gurneyflap
No comment!

Why bother Gurneyflap?????????????:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:
That's two posts today........:shakehead :shakehead

dirtyboy
04-09-03, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by RaceChic
Why bother Gurneyflap?????????????:rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:
That's two posts today........:shakehead :shakehead He’s trying to get his post count up or something. Nevertheless those posts are completely worthless and he should be banned.

pchall
04-09-03, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by dirtyboy
He’s trying to get his post count up or something. Nevertheless those posts are completely worthless and he should be banned.

It does seem to be a shameful waste of a great nickname. Free it up for someone who actually has something to say!

mnkywrch
04-09-03, 03:58 PM
I'm lost - What is gurneyflap doing?

All I see are threads from last month that have, for whatever reason, been brought to life...

racer2c
04-09-03, 04:07 PM
I thought the "no comment" thing was a facetious jab at TG.

Warlock!
04-09-03, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
All I see are threads from last month that have, for whatever reason, been brought to life...
It's RaceChic... just nod and carry on...

;)

Warlock!

mnkywrch
04-09-03, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by racer2c
I thought the "no comment" thing was a facetious jab at TG.

A jab... at TG... would be... spreading out... the sentence... making it take forever... to... Fred, where's the rest of my notes?

RaceGrrl
04-09-03, 04:48 PM
I'm lost - What is gurneyflap doing?

Sheesh, being a mod at TF makes you forum police here, now? :p

mnkywrch
04-09-03, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by RaceGrrl
Sheesh, being a mod at TF makes you forum police here, now? :p

No, I'm just confuzed. I thought... you guys... would make... things... simplier... for a dumb old TF mod... ;)

Me fail English? That's unpossible!

pchall
04-09-03, 04:55 PM
No, I'm just confuzed. I thought... you guys... would make... things... simplier... for a dumb old TF mod... ;)
I]

Excuuuuse me!

Are you really The Man With Two Brains ?

Gurneyflap
04-09-03, 05:49 PM
HEY! Settle down, now! Yell at Chic. SHE brought it up a month later and out of context! Relax. A mere forum glitch...all I remember was I was so PISSED at the RA news I decided I'd make a bunch of "no comments" rather than just lash out angrily (as many of you have/did) before I knew more of the facts behind the story. You may all apologize to me now...As Ever, Lifelong CART & RA Fan...'flap!

RaceChic
04-09-03, 06:06 PM
HEY! Settle down, now! Yell at Chic. SHE brought it up a month later and out of context! Relax. A mere forum glitch...all I remember was I was so PISSED at the RA news I decided I'd make a bunch of "no comments" rather than just lash out angrily (as many of you have/did) before I knew more of the facts behind the story. You may all apologize to me now...As Ever, Lifelong CART & RA Fan...'flap!

If I upset you for taking something out of context, then I do sincerely appologize. However after reading multiple replies to multiple posts saying only "no comment" after people took the time to say things that meant something to them. And those emoticons exist in order for us to express ourselves with as little typing as possible. And you're right, "no comment" does make a much deeper statement than an emoticon..... You've now explained what you meant. How was anyone to know that??????

And, no, don't yell at the Chic..... looks like I wasn't the only one annoyed at it....

And Warlock..... I do so love you.......:gomer: :p :gomer:

RaceChic
04-09-03, 06:11 PM
He’s trying to get his post count up or something. Nevertheless those posts are completely worthless and he should be banned.

Banned??????:confused:
Now that's a bit much......:saywhat: :saywhat:

datachicane
04-09-03, 06:47 PM
Don't worry, Larry.
You say more with your 'no comments' than a lot of folks do in whole paragraphs.

Gurneyflap
04-09-03, 07:17 PM
Aww...support on the forum! Thanks, dataguy, not too used to that! I wasn't upset at all RC, just like to correct impressions if possible. I'm misunderstood often when I'm just trying to be funny. SOME people understand! :D Later.

RTKar
04-09-03, 07:27 PM
Was there any mention of Mario being sent by CART to negotiate a settlement? On Robin Millers ESPN show, he mentioned Mario telling CART that if the irl was going to road race he would "watch" the irl, so CART sent Mario to RA.

RaceChic
04-09-03, 11:36 PM
Aww...support on the forum! Thanks, dataguy, not too used to that! I wasn't upset at all RC, just like to correct impressions if possible. I'm misunderstood often when I'm just trying to be funny. SOME people understand! :D Later.

That's cool. Many people misunderstand me too......... Not a word out of you Warlock.......:saywhat: :laugh: :saywhat:
Again, sorry if I offended......:gomer:

DjDrOmusic
04-10-03, 12:48 AM

No Comment! :rofl: :rofl:

dirtyboy
04-10-03, 02:50 AM
Hey just to let you guys know, unlike Gurneyflap, from now on when I’m all pissed off about something Cart did and think that my post may be too over the top I’m just going to post

Who farted?

This should clear any of the confusion from when we are all in a serious conversation arises and I just post “who farted” about 25 times in one day.

Here is an example:

Gurneyflap : “Hey fellow Cart racing fans I heard that Cart is running out of money and if Bernie doesn’t take over soon they’ll soon be bankrupt.”

Cartlover26 : “oh man this totally sucks. I hate every racing series but Cart and will totally kill myself in front of IMS if this happens.”

Racerfan : “Cartlover26 don’t do it. I met you last year at Mid-Ohio with your wife and five children and you have way too much to live for. For your wife, children and most especially Cart don’t do it”

Cartlover26 : “I cant take this life anymore, I’ll see you on Georgetown tomorrow!”

Dirtyboy: “Who farted?”

Warlock!
04-10-03, 05:37 AM
Dirtyboy: “Who farted?”
Umm... I think that'd be me. Ever since I've been taking Prilosec for my heartburn it seems to make me all gass...

Oh. I see what you're sayin'.

Nevermind.

Warlock!

Gurneyflap
04-10-03, 07:23 AM
Prilosec? Just quit drinking coffee. And NO chocolate! You're cured! Please remit payment to...I

Warlock!
04-10-03, 08:38 AM
Prilosec? Just quit drinking coffee. And NO chocolate! You're cured! Please remit payment to...I
No, no, no... not just heartburn. I'm talkin about HEARTBURN to the point of vomiting after every meal, and every beer down the hatch had to be followed by a Rolaids chaser. With Prilosec I can eat jalepenos til the cows come home, AND chase em down with the worst rot-gut whiskey. Life is good, although the bathroom scale suffers because of it ;)

Warlock!

RaceChic
04-10-03, 10:54 AM
Who farted????? :rofl: :laugh: :rofl: :laugh: :thumbup: :thumbup:

RaceChic
04-10-03, 10:57 AM
Changed my mind.......... No Comment!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

mapguy
04-10-03, 10:58 AM
Hey just to let you guys know, unlike Gurneyflap, from now on when I’m all pissed off about something Cart did and think that my post may be too over the top I’m just going to post

Who farted?

I feel that the phrase "Who farted?" is too common and juvenile. I would like to submit a different variation to the same theme. How about:

"Who floated an air-biscuit?"

"Who pinched a loaf?"

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

RaceChic
04-10-03, 11:01 AM

Who farted?

I like the more feminine version......... Who fluffed????? :gomer: :gomer:
However, many would tell you I'm not capable of the feminine version.......:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RARules
04-10-03, 11:46 PM
I think the Brits say "Who passed wind.", right?

The technical (medical) term is "flatus". The condition is called "flatulence". And one who has the condition is referred to as "flatulent".

So, who farted?!?

Oh, brats with lots of onions are good for that. Which brings us back to the original subject - RA - brats, beer and methanol (not to drink...) in August.

Lizzerd
04-11-03, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by RaceChic
I like the more feminine version......... Who fluffed????? :gomer: :gomer:
However, many would tell you I'm not capable of the feminine version.......:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NO COMMENT!!!!!!!!