PDA

View Full Version : Teams have been acquitted....

devilmaster
07-14-05, 02:12 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?ID=130314&hubName=auto_racing

7/14/2005 10:17:58 AM

The seven Michelin teams found guilty in the U.S. Grand Prix fiasco are about to have those verdicts overturned.

The FIA Senate has recommended overturning the guilty verdicts following a meeting Thursday in Monaco with McLaren boss Ron Dennis and Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner. Dennis appeared on behalf of the manufacturer-led teams, minus Ferrari, while Horner represented the interests of the independent teams.

"Having examined the new evidence and discussed it with Mr Dennis and Mr Horner, the Senate was satisfied that the teams were contractually bound to follow the instructions of their tire supplier and that their tire supplier had expressly prohibited them from racing at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in its licensed configuration," read a statement released by the FIA Senate.

"Recognising that for both sporting and legal reasons it was impossible for the FIA to authorise a change to the circuit configuration and that both the FIA and the teams could have faced serious legal difficulties in the United States... the Senate was of the view that having regard to this new evidence, disciplinary proceedings against the teams had ceased to be appropriate and were no longer in the interest of the sport."

Dirty Sanchez
07-14-05, 02:25 PM
thanks for the news, peter jennings :gomer:

devilmaster
07-14-05, 02:27 PM
Happy to help! :thumbup: :laugh:

awww muffin..... you still peeved? :rofl:

Dirty Sanchez
07-14-05, 02:30 PM
if peeved=bored... yes

devilmaster
07-14-05, 02:37 PM
well then get yerself to a racetrack jamie..... do that photog thing..... we don't want poor wittle yerself being bored and holding grudges now..... :laugh:

Dirty Sanchez
07-14-05, 02:50 PM
I'll be there tomorrow, homesicle... stay on top of the news while I'm away, pete :gomer:

oddlycalm
07-14-05, 03:13 PM
Not only that, all of a sudden there is a veritable love fest going on between Max and the mfg's. What's next, Flavio and Max announce they are dating...? :confused: :gomer:

Regardless of the cause it's a good thing. Perhaps the USGP fiasco will have the unintended result of waking up the various players and bringing them to their senses before they drove off the cliff to Splitzville.

oc

devilmaster
07-14-05, 03:43 PM
:laugh:

Good for you! Work that grudge out.... The calming influence of taking photos should help....

If nothing else, it gives you time to come up with something better than Peter Jennings for next time :rofl:

Don't worry, the news will still be here for ya. :thumbup:

Dirty Sanchez
07-14-05, 03:47 PM
naaah, I like peter. I think that name suits you best :laugh: :thumbup:

trauma1
07-14-05, 04:11 PM
just WTF was max and the fia going to do piss them off and they bolt, max blinked 1st big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew Longman
07-14-05, 04:55 PM
What? NOW they act in the interest of the sport and fans? Idiots!

Good answer though. Besides the counts they previously found them guilty of were logically inconsistent with the ones they acquitted them on.

And FIA Senate? FIA Courts? Charges, trials, acquittals? Is it just me or is all this a little too full of it self? I don't recall any other sport with all this legalistic bureaucracy. Anywhere else the commission issues a fine or suspension, there's a hearing and appeal, and the commissioner either changes his mind or he doesn't.

devilmaster
07-14-05, 05:01 PM
naaah, I like peter.

The boys told me you like peter..... in fact, they said alot of peter..... :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:

Dirty Sanchez
07-14-05, 06:29 PM
uh oh, peter hangs out with boys :cool:

spinner26
07-22-05, 04:22 PM
The boys told me you like peter..... in fact, they said alot of peter..... :rofl: :laugh: :rofl:
Crapus replies -"uh oh, peter hangs out with boys"

You two have a real liking for one another, no? This is offcamber.net, not the jerry springer show, go to pm with your peter talk, boyz :flame:

Dirty Sanchez
07-22-05, 05:01 PM
No :laugh:

eiregosod
07-23-05, 04:30 PM
Not only that, all of a sudden there is a veritable love fest going on between Max and the mfg's. What's next, Flavio and Max announce they are dating...? :confused: :gomer:

Regardless of the cause it's a good thing. Perhaps the USGP fiasco will have the unintended result of waking up the various players and bringing them to their senses before they drove off the cliff to Splitzville.

oc

It is a good thing. I think all the teams will find a way to make the FIA redundant. Effectively Oswald, sorry, Max will just be an expensive rubber stamp & the FIA will just say if circuits are ok.

Dirty Sanchez
07-24-05, 05:07 PM
^is this the latest gpwc fanboy spin? :laugh: thanks for the laugh! :thumbup:

Mc Vicious
07-24-05, 08:41 PM
^ original. :cool:

Dirty Sanchez
07-24-05, 08:49 PM
hi ANM :cool:

if ya can't win it, spin it :laugh:

eiregosod
07-25-05, 12:07 AM