PDA

View Full Version : Jourdain back to ChampCar??

Wheel-Nut
07-14-05, 12:33 PM
I know its a stretch but his Busch money has run out!! He also has ties to Ford Racing.

SPEEDTV (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/18194/)

FRANKY
07-14-05, 12:46 PM
I wish someone would explain why he went away in the first place. he showed great loyalty, did he lose his sponsor?

Wheel-Nut
07-14-05, 12:51 PM
The story says Ford played a big part in him going to NASCAR.

KLang
07-14-05, 12:56 PM
Gigante bailed after a management shakeup.

I'd love to see Jourdain back. Maybe with the schedule (hopefully) coming out earlier he will have better luck finding some Mexican sponsorship.

ChampcarShark
07-14-05, 01:26 PM
He left the series because FORD wanted more exposure in Mexico, due to the Bush Series racing in Mexico.

So far he is doing well, for a rooky and a foreigner, in the middle of the table with one top ten.

But we all know foreigners are not welcomed in the redneck series, so

Welcome back Michel.

Wheel-Nut
07-14-05, 01:52 PM
Gigante bailed after a management shakeup.

I'd love to see Jourdain back. Maybe with the schedule (hopefully) coming out earlier he will have better luck finding some Mexican sponsorship.

Wasn't he running with Office Depot as primary sponsorship in his last year in ChampCar, 2004?

IlliniRacer
07-14-05, 01:58 PM
Wasn't he running with Office Depot as primary sponsorship in his last year in ChampCar, 2004?

I believe it was Office Depot - Mexico which was tied to Gigante

KLang
07-14-05, 02:26 PM
Both actually.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2004/By400/20041107P_0035.jpg

As IlliniRacer stated I think there is corporate ties between the two. IIRC there was a family feud within Gigante. The non-race fan won.

theunions
07-14-05, 03:37 PM
IIRC there was a family feud within Gigante. The non-race fan won.

I thought that was Herdez?

coolhand
07-14-05, 03:42 PM
Both actually.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Content/Photos/2004/By400/20041107P_0035.jpg

As IlliniRacer stated I think there is corporate ties between the two. IIRC there was a family feud within Gigante. The non-race fan won.

that was herdez that had the family feud and left.

Gigante hit financial trouble and could no longer do it

KLang
07-14-05, 03:42 PM

Hmmm, you might be right. Ah the memory is the second thing to go....

Edit:

Jourdain’s position at RuSPORT has attracted a lot of attention in the midst of news that Gigante may not renew its sponsorship agreement with the popular Mexican in the face of disappointing earnings.

link (http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/13818/)

Maybe their earnings are looking better now? :gomer:

coolhand
07-14-05, 03:43 PM

it was

Racing Truth
07-14-05, 05:50 PM
Well, you'll be glad to know that MarkC has posted this as a rumor now. Gee, wonder where he got that. :gomer:

theunions
07-14-05, 06:19 PM
Well, you'll be glad to know that MarkC has posted this as a rumor now. Gee, wonder where he got that. :gomer:

To be honest, he actually broke the story about the #10 ppc team skipping races before SpeedTV did...even Jayski had nothing to say about it when I looked the other day.

mueber
07-14-05, 06:28 PM
Management ought to be on the phone to Ford about the possiblity of putting him in a HVM ride for the rest of the season.

Insomniac
07-14-05, 07:41 PM
Ahhh, one good season. If he brings a car with him, great. If not, I don't see him coming back this year.

Jervis Tetch 1
07-14-05, 10:44 PM
I for one would love to see him back.

manic mechanic
07-15-05, 12:15 AM
Ahhh, one good season. If he brings a car with him, great. If not, I don't see him coming back this year.

If he brings half a mil for a couple of new tubs, that would work...

If he also hits up Cardenas or El Tapatio (?) Markets (or even Billy Joe-Bob's ginuwine Kintucky Moonshine Distillery) as a sponsor, who else would complain?

Mikey J has always been a great guy to me and I think that he'd be better for our series than any of the other options.

That being said, will someone please rub a few synapses together and MAKE THE DEAL???

manic