PDA

View Full Version : A1 on Al Jazeera....

cameraman
07-13-05, 01:03 PM
Some of the A1 TV packages have been announced. No coverage north of the Rio Grande yet. They say there are more announcements coming in about a month.

The current list:

Epoch Sports in eastern Europe
Sky in Great Britain & Italy
TAF Sports in southeastern Europe

SABC in South Africa north to the Sahara.
Al Jazeera in the Middle East and Saharan Africa

Televisa in Mexico

ESPN Star in parts of Asia

JT265
07-13-05, 01:22 PM
How many times will Al Jazeera break into a broadcast to pimp some more bin Laden propaganda?

cameraman
07-13-05, 01:34 PM
How many times will Al Jazeera break into a broadcast to pimp some more bin Laden propaganda?

Given who owns A1, nobody at Al Jazeera is going to do anything to screw with that broadcast. Pissing off the Shieks when you are based in the Gulf is not a good career move.

NismoZ
07-13-05, 06:18 PM
Yeah, 291 million households, world wide...but not in the US.

Jag_Warrior
07-13-05, 07:28 PM
I'm sure Speed Channel will pick it up. And I'm sure it will be on as scheduled... at 3AM... every 5th Sunday... every 3rd month... unless there is some late breaking NASCAR news... like a rerun of who won the poker tournament.

I watch a fair amount of NASCAR now. But ya know... it would be nice to see a little more WRC (while it lasts) or some FIA GT racing every now & again. So, what do we get? FIA drag racing! WTF?! :flame:

NismoZ
07-13-05, 09:16 PM
Notice how even baseball is beginning to play up the "national" thing? You watch, pretty soon uniform patches and stadium flags will follow. Pray we don't have to sit through 4-5 anthems. Anything more on CC's "national" teams? It should probably happen, but I wonder what the "content" rule will be? American $$, French driver? :)

coolhand
07-13-05, 09:17 PM
So, what do we get? FIA drag racing! WTF?! :flame:

i would rather watch the real thing here in the states.

Steve99
07-14-05, 02:47 PM
SPEED was showing some IHRA drag racing the other day (last Saturday afternoon I think), and the stands were nearly empty. Why bother even broadcasting this.