PDA

View Full Version : JV pit mix-up intentional

mnkywrch
03-10-03, 05:13 PM
http://www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/14498

Jacques Villeneuve’s pitstop blunder may have been a deliberate ploy to unsettle Jenson Button.

Villeneuve pitted on the lap that team-mate Button was supposed to come in, meaning that the Brit had to wait his turn and lost about 15 seconds.

The French-Canadian claimed the incident was a misunderstanding due to a faulty radio but a former Williams colleague of Villeneuve is not so sure.

A team insider told The Sun: "When Jacques raced for us he did exactly the same thing to Heinz Harald-Frentzen a couple of times.

"It seems to be his way of trying to out-psych a team-mate."

Villeneuve is famed for playing games to gain a pschological advantage over his team-mate. He broke Frentzen at Williams and later repeated the trick on Ricardo Zonta at BAR.

He has spent the entire winter baiting Button, claiming that the Brit has proved nothing in his three years in Formula 1 and threatening to quit if he is outpaced by his new team-mate.

Classy. I hope Button (who, as best I can figure, would have beaten JV on Sunday) breaks HIM.

rabbit
03-10-03, 06:49 PM
:rofl: I wondered if that was what happened. Go JV!:p

JT265
03-10-03, 08:09 PM
"Classy. I hope Button (who, as best I can figure, would have beaten JV on Sunday) breaks HIM."

Not to stick up for the overpaid son of a Canadian legend, you understand, but seeing as how Button was ahead of him for like, three corners, how was he, in your august opinion, :D, gonna beat him?

mnkywrch
03-10-03, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by JT265
Not to stick up for the overpaid son of a Canadian legend, you understand, but seeing as how Button was ahead of him for like, three corners, how was he, in your august opinion, :D, gonna beat him?

Well, he waited like 15 seconds in the pits behind JV... and he finished a half second behind him.

JT265
03-10-03, 10:38 PM
PSSSST! WRNCH!!!!!

(1/2 that time JV was sitting there too)

Oh, and seeing as how I am sticking up for him, why doesn't the alledged "insider" reveal himself?

Or, why does Patrick Head still admire him? (JV I mean)

OTOH, if I was the overpaid son of a Canadian legend, methinks I would be kinda pissed at Dave Richards blatant promotion of wee Jensen, considering that wee Jensen has done abolutely squat in the last three years, yet he is continually praised by Richards as the second coming of Senna.

At the same time, Richards slags JV as much as he praises JB, so I think that DR is using PR to promote JB, while posing that JV is NFG.

SEE? :D

mnkywrch
03-10-03, 11:16 PM
PSSSST! WRNCH!!!!!

(1/2 that time JV was sitting there too)

Even half of that time is more than half a second.

Button beat JV this weekend in my book.

(Boy is mapguy not gonna like me...)

JT265
03-10-03, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
Even half of that time is more than half a second.

Button beat JV this weekend in my book.

(Boy is mapguy not gonna like me...)

It's okay, you Indycentric furry little animal you. :D I'm fighting the good fight for Mappy anyway.

See, catching the overpaid son of a Canadian Legend (wonder how many more times I can use that before Mappy turns ugly? ;) ) is one thing, but wittle wee Jensen "HEY!!!! I'm really fast!!!!! Mr. Richards even says so!!!!" apparently had LOTS of trouble getting by him.

Oh, and one other question. If wittle wee Jensen "HEY!!!! I'm really fast!!!!! Mr. Richards even says so!!!!" claims to have lost out on a most assured points paying position, yet Jacques was 20 seconds behind Ralfie "Yeah, I'm a cross-dresser, but my brother is famous", how was he gonna make up the time, considering he lost max 9 seconds waiting for JV?

Hell, even Donnie Beechler would have his work cut out for him trying to make up that deficit. :D

mnkywrch
03-11-03, 07:40 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they were told to hold position towards the end of the race.

One thing worse than having both cars miss the points is having both cars take each other out.

The mental warfare between JV and JB will be interesting.

mapguy
03-11-03, 08:42 AM
Testify brother JT!

How did Button (in your eyes, wrnch) beat JV this last weekend? JV outqualified him on both days, with the exception of the start was ahead of him in the race including the infamous pitstop and finished ahead of him in the race.

If the above allegation was true, which I find hard to beleive, Richards would have blasted JV publicly.

Plus look at the source of the story. A British site. Both Autosport and ITV-F1 go out of their way to pump up the home lads. Button is English. They always make it look like the home lad is getting the shaft. IMO to make up excuses for poor performances.

BTW> What has Button ever won? The British F3 title? Nope, came in 3rd. He won the British FF Championship. Woo...

Button is a decent driver. But JV is right. What has he done?

My 'team-insider' says the real problem was that Button had the tuna-on-toast instead of the corned beef-on-rye. Driving with tuna-breath will do it for me too. JV had poutine and he was fine.

rabbit
03-11-03, 10:54 AM
JV topped JB IN EVERY SINGLE SESSION.

'nuf said.

FortyOneFord
03-11-03, 05:22 PM
I think it's hilarious! And of course JV did it on purpose to throw his team mate off. Button is already feeling the heat since JV was faster all weekend, and a little added pressure will go a long way to seeing if Button is the real deal (which it appears he isn't).

Hahahahaha. This brightened my whole day!

Dr. Corkski
03-12-03, 01:37 AM
Originally posted by rabbit
JV topped JB IN EVERY SINGLE SESSION.

'nuf said. Except for every single free practice session. That and the fact that Jenson Butthole was always the first one of the two to qualify.

mnkywrch
03-12-03, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Zhivago
Except for every single free practice session. That and the fact that Jenson Butthole was always the first one of the two to qualify.

FWIW, they both set their fast laps on Lap 57 of the 58 lap race.

JV's fast lap was a 1:28.770.

Button's fast lap was a 1:28.600.

mapguy
03-12-03, 03:19 PM
FWIW, they both set their fast laps on Lap 57 of the 58 lap race.

JV's fast lap was a 1:28.770.

Button's fast lap was a 1:28.600.

Guess what. David Coulthard didn't set the fastest lap of the race. So going by what you are saying Raikkonen, Spoonface, Montoya and Alonso had better races than DC?:gomer:

mnkywrch
03-12-03, 03:25 PM
Who's Spoonface?

Montoya or Raikkonen would have won if not for their problems.

mapguy
03-12-03, 03:39 PM
Who's Spoonface?

The pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating bastard.

Montoya or Raikkonen would have won if not for their problems.

If. If. If. In the immortal words of Keke Rosberg. "If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. " :D

mnkywrch
03-12-03, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
The pointy-chinned, dirty, cheating bastard.

He also might have won if his Ferrari didn't fall apart so easily.

Then again, it IS a Ferrari...

mapguy
03-12-03, 03:51 PM

Then again, it IS a Ferrari...

It reminded me of their glory days. Cameras falling off the cars and chinese firedrill pitstops.

oddlycalm
03-12-03, 04:10 PM
He also might have won if his Ferrari didn't fall apart so easily

It didn't fall apart, he broke it. Or didn't you see him drive lengthwise down 50yrds of curb and over the top of two plastic markers after Kimi forced him wide? You sure you were watching the same race?

mnkywrch
03-12-03, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by oddlycalm
It didn't fall apart, he broke it. Or didn't you see him drive lengthwise down 50yrds of curb and over the top of two plastic markers after Kimi forced him wide? You sure you were watching the same race?

Getting personal, isn't it?

I said:

As in, if it was designed to take running over the kerbs.

There are other tracks where they abuse the kerbs...

But I don't think they setup the F2002 for Albert Park to handle that.

Dr. Corkski
03-12-03, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by mapguy
If. If. If. In the immortal words of Keke Rosberg. "If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. " :D If my aunt had balls she'd be David Coulthard. :D

JT265
03-13-03, 12:06 AM
"There are other tracks where they abuse the kerbs..."

Dear wrnch,

We are in America, albeit North America for some of us, and here you are among friends, and as such may use the proper NA spelling for curbs, if you are so inclined.

But be careful around those curbs, as they have a tendency to tear up your tyres, as well as slosh the petrol around in your tank!

:D

rabbit
03-13-03, 02:09 AM
But be careful around those curbs, as they have a tendency to tear up your tyres, as well as slosh the petrol around in your tank!

:D Or spill the groceries in your bonnet!:eek: :gomer:

mapguy
03-13-03, 07:14 AM
Or spill the groceries in your bonnet!:eek: :gomer:

You put the groceries in the engine compartment? :saywhat:

mnkywrch
03-13-03, 07:19 AM
"There are other tracks where they abuse the kerbs..."

Dear wrnch,

We are in America, albeit North America for some of us, and here you are among friends, and as such may use the proper NA spelling for curbs, if you are so inclined.

I guess I've spelled it "kerbs" every since Top Gun Tommy Scheckter introduced an, ahh, alternate meaning...

JT265
03-13-03, 09:20 AM
Or spill the groceries in your bonnet!:eek: :gomer:

That would make for some hot groceries like Mappy said. Me, I prefer the boot, actually.

And wrnch, a Tommy wannabe? Who'da thunk that now?:D

mnkywrch
03-13-03, 09:28 AM
And wrnch, a Tommy wannabe? Who'da thunk that now?:D

You've never seen me drive GPL, have ya? :laugh: :thumbup:

JT265
03-13-03, 11:52 AM
You've never seen me drive GPL, have ya? :laugh: :thumbup:

Well, I admit that I never seen your attempt at the overly ambitious move to pass me at Milano that night until I was spinning backwards into the tall grass, so I guess you are right.

And before your blood pressure rises, yep, you waxed all of us at Mexico, but my FIRM belief is that Montezumas (or was that Monkey's :D ) revenge was at play. :p

mnkywrch
03-13-03, 02:34 PM
Well, I admit that I never seen your attempt at the overly ambitious move to pass me at Milano that night until I was spinning backwards into the tall grass, so I guess you are right.

They can't block what they don't see coming.

;)

rabbit
03-15-03, 01:51 AM
That would make for some hot groceries like Mappy said. Me, I prefer the boot, actually.

And wrnch, a Tommy wannabe? Who'da thunk that now?:D :o :o :o :o :o
Oops. I got too busy trying to be funny and got my front and rear swapped around.:gomer:

I'm sooooo sorry.