PDA

View Full Version : Canada Air Show crash kills two legendary performers

JohnHKart
07-12-05, 07:03 AM
Over the years at big airshows maybe you've seen Jimmy Franklin in his Waco...as part of the dueling Wacos with Eliot Cross in the 1980's and early 90s or as "Zar or later on in his jet powered Waco. He was a one of kind on the edge but safe performer...I usually go to airshows to view the WWII aircraft so the average guy doing aerobatics in a Pitts I normally don't even look at. However, there are certain performers I will always stop and make sure I watch and Jimmy was one of them. Bobby Younkin was someone I have probably seen as well, but not as much as Jimmy. Both were killed in a fiery midair Sunday at a Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, Canada airshow. It's a terrible loss to the airshow industry, these guys will be deeply missed. This one really hurts bad....On the news I was just thinking it was somebody I didn't know, till I went on the internet. Damn shame. It's a reminder that no matter who is flying, no matter how skilled or how many years they've been doing this, that airshow performances are inherently dangerous.

John

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162106,00.html