PDA

View Full Version : How much is gas where you are?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

dando
08-31-05, 11:06 AM
$3.09 here in Cbus. One station was still @ $2.61 and it was packed with cars waiting. Word of shortages here as well. :eek: :( Now if I could just find a car seat to fit my bike, I'd be all set (until winter). :gomer:

-Kevin

Chitowncartfreak
08-31-05, 11:57 AM
$3.31 in the northern Chicago 'burbs this morning...

dando
08-31-05, 11:58 AM
Expert from OPIS suggests $4 gas could occur soon:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news/gas_prices/index.htm?cnn=yes

-Kevin

dando
08-31-05, 12:45 PM
The SPR is being opened (thy just got it topped off a coupla mos. ago). Airlines are starting to cancel flights due to supply issues (fingers xossed that my flight to HHH on Fri isn't cancelled :():

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/31/business/31air.html?ei=5090&en=5abb0142959b443d&ex=1283140800&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

-Kevin

CART T. Katz
08-31-05, 02:22 PM
3.09 unleaded

good thing i filled up on monday when gas was 2.42 :shakehead

spinner26
08-31-05, 02:30 PM
$2.59 to $3.36 while I was in line at the BP on US 31 & Worthsville rd. :flame: I'm reporting it, can't hurt anything I don't suppose.

Ankf00
08-31-05, 02:54 PM
The SPR is being opened (thy just got it topped off a coupla mos. ago). Airlines are starting to cancel flights due to supply issues (fingers xossed that my flight to HHH on Fri isn't cancelled :():

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/31/business/31air.html?ei=5090&en=5abb0142959b443d&ex=1283140800&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print

-Kevin

If my flight to OSU is cancelled heads will ROLL!!! ROLL!!!! :flame: :flame: :flame:

chop456
08-31-05, 05:28 PM
Unleaded went from $2.69 this morning to $3.25 this afternoon.

Diesel went from $2.71 to $2.75

oddlycalm
08-31-05, 06:20 PM
Just heard from our guy in Detroit that drove up from Kentucky today. Prices in KY were in the $2.65 range this morning. By the time he got home in the late afternoon the price was $3.49 for regular unleaded outside Detroit.

Like we are already seeing with the airlines, the real issue probably won't be the $4+ gas next week, it will be whether you can get any or not. There is a lot of refinery capacity offline right now and there is zero slack in capacity, so that seems to open up the possibility of short deliveries. One possibility is that folks could leave on their Labor Day vacation and have a hard time finding enough fuel to get home. The lightbulb seems to have gone on in the commodity trading pits, but it's likely that much of the public hasn't thought this all the way through.

oc

RichK
08-31-05, 06:30 PM
Just heard from our guy in Detroit that drove up from Kentucky today. Prices in KY were in the $2.65 range this morning. By the time he got home in the late afternoon the price was $3.49 for regular unleaded outside Detroit.

oc

Seeing "KY" and "Gas Prices" in the same post is appropriate! ;) :laugh:

TKGAngel
08-31-05, 07:10 PM
Unleaded went from $2.61 yesterday to $2.67 this morning to $2.79 at lunchtime.

Gnam
08-31-05, 07:34 PM
Like we are already seeing with the airlines, the real issue probably won't be the $4+ gas next week, it will be whether you can get any or not.
oc
How'd they do it back in the 70's? If your plate started with an odd letter you could fill up on some days but not others...

cart7
08-31-05, 07:42 PM
$2.68 this morning to 2.99 this evening .

Can you say price gouging? :flame:

CART T. Katz
08-31-05, 10:58 PM
speaking of kentucky, the attorney general is asking the governor if he can charge the gas companies of price gouging.

of course, this is literally days after the governor pardoned 9 people in an ongoing transportation cabinet hiring fraud investigation...

Ankf00
08-31-05, 11:21 PM

Can you say price gouging? :flame:

that's not gouging, that's supply and demand

this country cares not for efficiency, well time for that to bite this country in the arse...

trish
09-01-05, 02:54 AM
I'll drive by the Shell tomorrow and check out the prices.

By the way, anyone have an opinion on the Ford Escape Hybrid? I'm thinking of getting a new vehicle.

WickerBill
09-01-05, 06:42 AM
Escape hybrid isn't worth it -- gas mileage goes up appx 9mpg, which barely makes it worth it considering (even at $3 per gallon) how long it will take you to recoup the extra money you spent when purchasing it -- then, long term, you have a vehicle with more maintenance than a standard internal-combustion-only motor.

Gas is pretty much $3.19 all over the southside of Indy.

It's a bubble, folks.... just like the .com bubble, speculators overpay for a year or so and then take a hit when the bubble bursts. I'd be surprised if oil is over $40 a barrel in 12 months.

Just my two copper discs

WB

trish
09-01-05, 07:06 AM
Thanks for the advice WB. I really do want a truck or SUV but wanted to get something that wouldn't kill me on gas and gets decent mileage.

nrc
09-01-05, 08:58 AM
Escape hybrid isn't worth it -- gas mileage goes up appx 9mpg, which barely makes it worth it considering (even at $3 per gallon) how long it will take you to recoup the extra money you spent when purchasing it -- then, long term, you have a vehicle with more maintenance than a standard internal-combustion-only motor.
I think that's true of most hybrids. The payoff based on gas mileage alone is usually out past five years. By then you're likely to start seeing other costs. I've heard rumblings of some kind of hybrid tax credit that might change those figures and make it worthwhile.

If you're going to by a hybrid it should be based on the high minded principle of reducing energy use to ease the demand on fossil fuels so that your neighbor can continue to afford filling up his Excursion.

WickerBill
09-01-05, 09:41 AM
You do have other hybrids though, that don't cost so much more than the regular models -- a Honda Civic hybrid is an example -- it only costs about $1,800 more than the non-hybrid.

But you want an SUV, so the pickins are slim....

WB

racer2c
09-01-05, 10:58 AM
A few guys at my work bought new Prius's recently. Not so much for the 60mpg but rather it allows them on the HOV lane. You have to have either three people or a hybrid. I can't fit three in my Miata which I think is unfair but that's a different issue.

anait
09-01-05, 11:12 AM
Here are today's prices for unleaded in Canada, according to canada.com (there are about 4 litres in a gallon):

Vancouver - $1.08/litre ($4.12/gallon)

Edmonton - $0.99 ($3.75)

Winnipeg - $1.07 ($4.05)

Toronto - $1.05 ($3.97)

Montreal - $1.15 ($4.35)

Halifax - $1.26 ($4.77)

We are very glad that we have the oil-powered truck for commuting. It does use a lot of oil - but the oil is FREE, the truck wasn't that expensive to buy and convert, and we don't mind doing some oil-gathering after work. We still fill the diesel tank, but we're doing that about once every two months for $55/fill (we start and shut off the truck on diesel). We're cutting back on driving the van, hoping to fill its tank once every two weeks, at $60/fill.

sadams
09-01-05, 11:13 AM
Buy a Jetta TDI. I get 49 MPG and you'd never know it as a diesel. Starts instantly ever in winter. And it's a lot simpler that the hybrids.

Regular unleaded was at $3.14 last night diesel was $2.85.

Wabbit
09-01-05, 11:24 AM
Just my two copper discs

WB

It's two quarters now. Inflation and price gouging.

dando
09-01-05, 11:36 AM
It's a bubble, folks.... just like the .com bubble, speculators overpay for a year or so and then take a hit when the bubble bursts. I'd be surprised if oil is over $40 a barrel in 12 months.

Just my two copper discs

WB
Agreed. There was a so-called expert on the local news a few weeks ago that said he expects the oil market to cra$h this winter. We'll see if he's right, or if it takes a bit longer. In the meantime, this is really going to start hurting the economy, as food prices will begin to raise very soon. I've already noticed that the weekly specials @ the local Krogers have not been as good this summer as they have been in the past.

Your mileage may vary...

-Kevin

Wheel-Nut
09-01-05, 11:46 AM

this country cares not for efficiency, well time for that to bite this country in the arse...

It is gouging. Just because the supply is low and demand is high doesn't give a retailer the right to raise prices.

TKGAngel
09-01-05, 11:49 AM
It's two quarters now. Inflation and price gouging.

MSNBC showed this morning a gas station in Atlanta raising its price to $5.67/gallon for unleaded. Price gouging much?

KLang
09-01-05, 11:57 AM
3.01 this morning for premium. I expect it will be higher later in the day.

I talked with the station owner for a few minutes, he is worried about supply. He said he usually gets 12 hour turn around on deliverys but now he is being told 48 hours. I usually fill up when almost empty. I think I'm going to start topping up every other day just in case.

Wheel-Nut
09-01-05, 12:03 PM
My local station had unleaded for $2.70 last night, about 40 vehicles in line at the 8 pumps. I decide to wait until this a.m. to fill up. Signs on all the pumps . . . .SOLD OUT :thumdown:

dando
09-01-05, 12:09 PM
MSNBC showed this morning a gas station in Atlanta raising its price to $5.67/gallon for unleaded. Price gouging much?
How 'bout these apples:

http://us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050901/capt.gagb10409010035.katrina_oil_gagb104.jpg?x=194&y=345&sig=fEdbIRT7VI7KNITdaUCJQw--

-Kevin

Cam
09-01-05, 02:12 PM
Good grief!!! Just ran out to grab lunch and the Marathon on the corner has gone up another 20 odd cents since I drove past this morning! Went up 60c yesterday.... $3.39 now...... :rolleyes:

racer2c
09-01-05, 02:29 PM
Good grief!!! Just ran out to grab lunch and the Marathon on the corner has gone up another 20 odd cents since I drove past this morning! Went up 60c yesterday.... $3.39 now...... :rolleyes:

Yep, $3.39 at the East Coast down the street. Although today the prices are all over the board in my town. The lowest being $2.69 (up from $2.55 yesterday) to the highest of $3.39. It will be interesting how this plays out.

chop456
09-01-05, 02:33 PM
It is gouging. Just because the supply is low and demand is high doesn't give a retailer the right to raise prices.

They have the right to charge $20/gal. if they'd like.

What's going to be hilarious is the droves of people trying to trade in their Canyoneros and being offerred pennies on the dollar. :laugh:

Ankf00
09-01-05, 04:18 PM

how else are you going to define price? there's something called a market out there, if you're willing to pay his price, that's how much it's worth.

when you have one quarter of domestic oil production knocked out and over 10% of refinery capacity knocked out prices are going to go up. platinum's expensive, b/c it's rare... if we all found platinum in our backyards tomorrow...

$6 seems ridiculous to me, a $0.30 increase doesn't seem unfair given the circumstances, then again, I'm not the one paying $6, there's always another gas station down the street...

Ed_Severson
09-01-05, 04:40 PM
What happened in Atlanta is a perfect example of what occurs when people start panic buying a commodity product. While $6 per gallon might seem unreasonable to the average citizen, if those knuckleheads weren't out trying to buy gasoline like it was going out of style, this wouldn't be happening to them.

As for the price increases we've seen other places, it's simple supply and demand economics, as usual. Why so many people have such a hard time accepting that, I'll never know.

CART T. Katz
09-01-05, 04:41 PM
it's times like these which make me really upset that these big oil companies continue to choose to not to construct any new refineries in my lifetime (21 years). i think that with some additional refineries, gas doesn't go above $2 anywhere in times of crisis or not. :shakehead

5.87/gal? holy jesus the jew! :eek: :eek: where are the poor souls being gouged by those stupid prices? :thumdown:

racer2c
09-01-05, 04:42 PM
how else are you going to define price? there's something called a market out there, if you're willing to pay his price, that's how much it's worth.

when you have one quarter of domestic oil production knocked out and over 10% of refinery capacity knocked out prices are going to go up. platinum's expensive, b/c it's rare... if we all found platinum in our backyards tomorrow...

$6 seems ridiculous to me, a $0.30 increase doesn't seem unfair given the circumstances, then again, I'm not the one paying $6, there's always another gas station down the street...

Then what's the logic behind gouging laws?

Ed_Severson
09-01-05, 04:43 PM
it's times like these which make me really upset that these big oil companies continue to choose to not to construct any new refineries in my lifetime (21 years).

Talk to your local tree hugger about that one. Nobody's going to build any refineries as long as the EPA insists on having their hands around the constructor's throat from minute one.

racer2c
09-01-05, 04:44 PM
it's times like these which make me really upset that these big oil companies continue to choose to not to construct any new refineries in my lifetime (21 years). i think that with some additional refineries, gas doesn't go above $2 anywhere in times of crisis or not. :shakehead

5.87/gal? holy jesus the jew! where are the poor souls being gouged by those stupid prices? :thumdown:

Thank the tree huggin' lib...ah almost forgot, can't do that here. ;)

Ed_Severson
09-01-05, 04:57 PM
Then what's the logic behind gouging laws?

There doesn't seem to be any. In most states, price gouging laws are so nebulous that it's nearly impossible to prove. Most price gouging complaints accomplish nothing; the ones that do usually result in fairly non-severe civil penalties like fines.

Not that it's an authoritative source, but Wikipedia defines price gouging as "a sharp, temporary increase in the price of items that are in high demand because of a civil emergency, without a generally-recognized justification or in breach of contract." How you enforce "without a generally-recognized justification" is beyond me.

racer2c
09-01-05, 05:11 PM
There doesn't seem to be any. In most states, price gouging laws are so nebulous that it's nearly impossible to prove. Most price gouging complaints accomplish nothing; the ones that do usually result in fairly non-severe civil penalties like fines.

Not that it's an authoritative source, but Wikipedia defines price gouging as "a sharp, temporary increase in the price of items that are in high demand because of a civil emergency, without a generally-recognized justification or in breach of contract." How you enforce "without a generally-recognized justification" is beyond me.

Ah shucks Ed, I wanted the kid to ejamucate me. :)

Ankf00
09-01-05, 05:41 PM
Ah shucks Ed, I wanted the kid to ejamucate me. :)

here's your education, $0.30 increase when supply is severely undercut is hardly gouging. it's gone up double that for me in the past month and half prior to this crisis, big f'ing deal.

racer2c
09-01-05, 05:42 PM
here's your education, $0.30 increase when supply is severely undercut is hardly gouging. njoy.

So $5.87 is normal in Atlanta? :gomer:

Thanks for playin.

Ankf00
09-01-05, 05:44 PM
So $5.87 is normal in Atlanta? :gomer:

Thanks for playin.

yes, I said b/c $6 isn't gouging :rolleyes: get some spectacles, old man...

Originally Posted by cart7

Can you say price gouging?

racer2c
09-01-05, 06:02 PM
yes, I said b/c $6 isn't gouging :rolleyes: get some spectacles, old man...

So what are you saying, $6 is or isn't gouging? Learn to make a point and stand behind it. Don't they teach you that in injunerrin' skool? :gomer:

Engineering by Ank, Music by Ank, Law by Ank. I can't wait for gynecology by Ank. :gomer:

Ed_Severson
09-01-05, 06:04 PM
I'd say there's a good chance that $6 per gallon does not amount to gouging when you take a real-world view from the station owner's perspective.

People who operate service stations don't make any money when a bunch of nitwits get together and decide to hoard their product. These folks depend on a steady, predictable stream of customers. When they sell out of gasoline because of nuts like the "victims" in Atlanta, they're going to be turning away customers left and right until the next delivery arrives. That's a bigtime hit to their business (most of which does not come from selling gasoline), and they have every right to insure themselves against it.

mueber
09-01-05, 06:07 PM
$3.20

Can't say it's too high because the SUVs went blowing by me on the highway on the way to work like as if it's $1.00.

Ankf00
09-01-05, 06:12 PM
So what are you saying, $6 is or isn't gouging? Learn to make a point and stand behind it. Don't they teach you that in injunerrin' skool? :gomer:

Engineering by Ank, Music by Ank, Law by Ank. I can't wait for gynecology by Ank. :gomer:

where'd I say anything about $6 other than offering an opinion? I said it seemed "ridiculous," I made no statement about where it stood with the law. I also said there's "another gas station down the street"

just try quoting me where I said "$6 is not gouging" or "$6 is totally gouging"

honestly, I don't give a flying f### b/c I'm not paying it and I'm not seeing it, it's someone else's problem in GA. I don't drive a canyonero and don't commute for 2 hours a day b/c I must live in some planned community. I don't vote for massive highway projects that lead to more sprawl and drivetime and invariably congestion as more sprawl is built b/c there's some new highway to use up. I don't have to make any stand about $6, that's the problem of the "me me me first" canyonero driver.

scroll up, you've got eyes, you seeem to read a computer screen well enough when it doesn't involve JV :gomer: my only statement determining gouging referred to $0.30... anyone who honestly thinks gouging amounts to 3 dimes on the gallon is a tool.

if you wanna think $6 is gouging, go ahead, I said nothing about it either way, if you wanna be pissy and put words in peoples mouths b/c someone has an opinion :yawn: whatever.

if you're that pissy over 3 dimes on the gallon, ride a bike...

as for skool, sorry to disappoint, making points and standing behind them has no place with an M.S. so I guess i'm in for a few more years of ignorance :(

racer2c
09-01-05, 06:22 PM
where'd I say anything about $6 other than offering an opinion? I said it seemed "ridiculous," I made no statement about where it stood with the law. I also said there's "another gas station down the street"

just try quoting me where I said "$6 is not gouging" or "$6 is totally gouging"

scroll up, you've got eyes, I'm assuming your eyesight hasn't deteriorated too horribly yet, you seeem to read a computer screen well enough. my only statement determining gouging referred to $0.30... anyone who honestly thinks gouging amounts to 3 dimes on the gallon is a tool.

if you wanna think $6 is gouging, go ahead, I said nothing about it either way, if you wanna be pissy and put words in peoples mouths b/c someone has an opinion :yawn: whatever.

if you're that pissy over 3 dimes on the gallon, ride a bike...

I do, it's called motorcycle. Someday when you grow a little taller so your feet touch the ground, your mom might let you have one.
;)

It wasn't about 30 cents per se, but what constitutes price gouging. Please continue with your grumpyness. :p

Ankf00
09-01-05, 06:26 PM
no thanks, I'll need my liver for a few more years before I donate it

and wait, I thought you said I said $6 wasn't... or was... or wasn't, i mean... :gomer:

as for gynecology, I think OGorman's gonna solve that by ruining everyone's game within a 10 foot radius in teh bar :gomer:

TKGAngel
09-01-05, 07:35 PM
no thanks, I'll need my liver for a few more years before I donate it

and wait, I thought you said I said $6 wasn't... or was... or wasn't, i mean... :gomer:

as for gynecology, I think OGorman's gonna solve that by ruining everyone's game within a 10 foot radius in teh bar :gomer:

After reading some of the posts on this board from Sean and Ank, if I ever saw them in a gynocology office in a doctor position, I think I would probably exit stage left very quickly. :D

That said, gas went up 30 cents here between my drive in and my drive home from work.

Cam
09-01-05, 10:44 PM
OK..... I have a semi-ignorant/stupid question.

With the prices the way they are, the next octane is only 5c a gallon more. (at least from what I have seen) Given that the percentage difference in cost is rapidly coming doiwn, would there be an advantage in buying a higher octane???? Anyone????? Beuller???? :saywhat:

Ankf00
09-01-05, 11:43 PM
Severson's the dude you want to ask. From my understanding unless you have a very high compression engine higher octanes won't make a noticeable difference performance-wise, it's just the auto-ignition delay time of the fuel, as in how long you can keep it compressed before it auto-ignites (engine knock).... the higher octanes do come with more detergents and additives... the premium comes with the most detergents obviously... I do the premium once a month for the detergents, whether it makes a real diff who knows... combustion prof always said higher octane was pointless with modern engines, and he invented the Formula SAE program, so I figure he knows what he's on about...

Sean O'Gorman
09-01-05, 11:58 PM
OK..... I have a semi-ignorant/stupid question.

With the prices the way they are, the next octane is only 5c a gallon more. (at least from what I have seen) Given that the percentage difference in cost is rapidly coming doiwn, would there be an advantage in buying a higher octane???? Anyone????? Beuller???? :saywhat:

No. Running a higher octane than what your manual suggests is pointless unless you did something significant to the engine such as advancing the timing, throwing on a turbo, etc.

Ed_Severson
09-02-05, 12:03 AM
Well, now that I've been put on the spot here, the short answer is not really. The primary benefit to higher octane fuel is increased resistance to autoignition, but you're not likely to see any noticeable benefit to your fuel economy unless you're driving a very old vehicle.

Ankf00
09-02-05, 12:05 AM
:D

from a Times article about gas prices:

But some dealers posted far crazier prices. Near Atlanta, a BP dealer charged $5.87 a gallon for regular unleaded, later telling reporters and his distributor that he panicked after almost running out a few times.

Scott Dean, a spokesman for BP, said it did not condone the dealer's price. Mr. Dean said the Georgia man was an independent dealer not employed by BP and that he purchases BP gasoline from a third-party distributor. "We did not set the price of that station," Mr. Dean said. In several states, including Alabama and Illinois, attorneys general said they were closely monitoring gasoline prices for signs of gouging.

TKGAngel
09-02-05, 08:33 AM
The lead local story on the news last night was how the gas prices on the reservations were more expensive than the gas prices of the station located down the road but off the reservation. This never happens, since the stations on the reservations do not have to charge taxes on their gas.

So, has the price of gas affected anyone's Labor Day plans?

Cam
09-02-05, 09:03 AM
Marathon on the corner now down to $3.29... :saywhat:

Ankf00
09-02-05, 09:38 AM
yea, I'm not going to Austin for toobing saturday, no sense in going for 1 day b/c I have to be back in DFW for a wedding Sunday anyways, at least no sense when I'll have to drop $80 on gas for it....

Sean O'Gorman
09-02-05, 10:40 AM
I'm still driving 120 miles to autocross this weekend, because I'm autocrossing an F500 car (Napoleon would be proud), so I'll probably have to toss in quite a bit towards teh cost of gas.

I'm still near full since refueling at $2.69 on Sunday, but I've been seeing gas in the $2.99-3.09 rate when driving last night, so it could be worse.

FTG
09-02-05, 11:43 AM
The price went up while I was at the pump today. Two seconds after I started pumping, it was about three bucks a tank more.

WickerBill
09-02-05, 11:51 AM
I have to be back in DFW for a wedding Sunday

I knew life was different in Texas but getting married at the airport? Odd.

Ankf00
09-02-05, 12:32 PM
I knew life was different in Texas but getting married at the airport? Odd.

:gomer:

It's actually at the arboretum next door, I'll get to walk a mere 100 yards from my front door, and then everyone will stumble back to my place at the end of the night :)

Sean O'Gorman
09-03-05, 01:04 AM
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6269/gasprc9ae.jpg

trish
09-03-05, 11:30 AM
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/6269/gasprc9ae.jpg
There's another one floating around, but it goes arm, leg, first born.

Anywho, I checked out my shell station today and it's 3.35 for regular.

WickerBill
09-03-05, 01:14 PM
We're down to $2.97 here (on Southport Road).

$1.09 here we come!!!

heh

trish
09-10-05, 04:56 AM
9/9/05

My Shell station was down to $3.29
Citgo $3.31
Shell across from Citgo $3.35
Mobile $3.35

JLMannin
09-10-05, 10:25 AM
Most stations I have seen in Lafayette and Indy are down to the 2.97 to 3.09 range for 87 octane. Now, the 0.05 or 0.10 bump in price to get 89 octane looks like a good deal, as it is only a 2 to 3% increase over 87 octane. I have only seen one station completely out of gas, and that was a Sam's Club station in Lafayette, and that was the day after the big Katrina hit. On Labor Day weekend, there was one Amoco station in Bloomington IL that was out of 87 octane, but they had 89 and Ultimate. It was the first one off the interstate and had a good price ($2.99), and all the other stations had all grades of gas.

EDwardo
09-10-05, 11:08 AM
Peaked a few days ago at $3.15. Price has gone down a few cents every day and was $2.85 last night. I have also noticed driving around town that the price of gas no longer varies according to what part of town you are in. It is exactly the same price everywhere. Apparently few drivers are concerned. I drove about 10 miles last night on the interstate. I was going 70 in a 65 zone. This required me to stay in the far right lane to avoid annoying everyone else zipping past me.

TKGAngel
09-10-05, 06:14 PM
Cheapest gas around here was $3.28/gal for 87 octane. There was an article in last night's Snooze about how Buffalo is right now paying on average 30 cents higher per gallon than LA and Atlanta because of NY's pollution laws and taxes. But at least prices are coming down from the high of $3.89.

KLang
09-15-05, 09:27 AM
2.99 for V-Power this morning. I'm surprised, I figured 3 bucks was here to stay.

indyfan31
09-15-05, 09:39 AM
L.A./Orange Co area I'm seeing drop a couple of pennies in the last week.
Cheapest is the Arco at 2.85, and strangely a Chevron a mile away at 2.89 for regular.

JLMannin
09-18-05, 09:22 AM
I saw $2.78, pretty much all over town for 87 octane. Purdue had an away game this week, so I assume that is a big factor in the decline.

Ankf00
09-18-05, 03:18 PM
$2.70 in East Dallas :D $2.85 in SE Houston :saywhat:

dando
09-18-05, 05:45 PM
$2.69 is pretty common herei n Cbus. Kroger $.20 di$count is the only thing keeping me from switching from 89 to 87 for the Bimmer. Fill up last week @ $2.66 was ~$43. :(

-Kevin

cart7
09-18-05, 05:48 PM
Down to $2.57 here in St. Louis.

chop456
09-19-05, 05:46 AM
How do you know when people are starting to panic?

When the market says THIS (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Explorer-Eddie-Bauer-Ford-Explorer-1998-Eddie-Bauer-Edition-No-Reserve_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6012QQitemZ4574 103559QQrdZ1) is worth as much as THIS. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volkswagen-Rabbit-L-Diesel-81-Rabbit-L-Diesel-4-Door-Low-Miles-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ15294QQitemZ457 4288459QQrdZ1)

:laugh:

Tifosi24
09-19-05, 01:45 PM
Let the prices rise again. With Rita heading into the area of the Gulf look for prices to go up. I just read that wholesale gasoline has already gone up 20+ cents a gallon in trading and crude has gona up about $3 a barrel. I hope this isn't too bad, because the arbitrage from Europe will only go on for so long. When all of those tankers filled with gasoline stop coming, watch out.

trish
10-10-05, 03:01 PM
Today: $2.89 for regular at the Shell station. $2.79 at Getty.

dando
10-10-05, 10:06 PM
We dropped below $2.70 today. I'm due for my first fill up since Rita hit. Thank the Lord my Bimmer manages 25mpg in the city, but I haven't had nearly as much fun off the line of late. :(

In other news, crude dropped angain today, so it's near $60/barrel now.

-Kevin

Wally
10-10-05, 10:17 PM
After going up last week forty cents in one day diesel is now down to a respectable 3.16.......... :shakehead
My two wheeled commute will continue. :thumbup:

Wally
11-17-05, 04:31 PM
Just wondering if we are still getting hosed ( :laugh: ) here my neck of the woods, regular is 2.21......and diesel is still 2.48 :shakehead

People?

G.
11-17-05, 04:37 PM
$2.16 this morning

Stu
11-17-05, 04:43 PM
$2.16 this morning

sub 2 bucks for a couple weeks here in C-Town.

Ankf00
11-17-05, 05:27 PM
$2.09'ish in the DFW

Houston newspaper today is reporting $1.99 making a comeback around town...

KLang
11-17-05, 05:32 PM
I've been paying about 2.45 for V-Power the last couple weeks.

I'm surprised, I figured once they crossed the 3.00 threshold it would never come back down.

Sean O'Gorman
11-17-05, 06:05 PM
$2.09'ish in the DFW

Houston newspaper today is reporting $1.99 making a comeback around town...

I heard the mullet is making a comeback around town...

...in Cherry Hill. :gomer:

Wabbit
11-17-05, 06:18 PM
At home, $2.39, near work $2.27. (I don't count ARCO, it's more water than gas.)

B3RACER1a
11-17-05, 06:20 PM
$1.96 by my house.....'Burbs of St. Louis. :thumbup:

Stu
11-17-05, 06:37 PM
I've been paying about 2.45 for V-Power the last couple weeks.

I'm surprised, I figured once they crossed the 3.00 threshold it would never come back down.

Yea except for that pesky thing called supply and demand.

skaven
11-17-05, 07:20 PM
Still free in the company truck... :)

Which is a good thing as the week after Thanksgiving I signed myself up for a 1,000 mile work trip from Eagle, CO to Grand Junction, CO to Salt Lake City, UT to Logan, UT to Green River, WY to Cheyenne, WY to Loveland, CO and back to Eagle, CO in 4 days. Whew... hope the weather holds. At least I have the new Broken Social Scene to listen to.

The following week its back to the air for a Seattle, Phoenix, Albuquerque and El Paso run in 4 days. Whewww...^2.

The good news is we've got our customers paying a 29% fuel surcharge. Woo Hoo ! ! ! :thumbup:

Ankf00
11-17-05, 07:21 PM
saw BSS in town 2 weeks ago :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

dando
11-17-05, 07:26 PM
Ga$ war on the west siiiide of Cbus a few weeks ago, and the price dropped to ~$2 for 87. Avg was ~$2.09 elsewhere. Jumped $.10 last week to an avg of $2.19ish, and has dropped since to ~$2.08. Gotta fill up tomorrow, as I'm on fumes. :( Not only are the CBJs wa$ting my $$$ on the ice, but they coo$t me $$$ driving to the games. :mad: :gomer:

-Kevin

Stu
11-17-05, 07:45 PM
Ga$ war on the west siiiide of Cbus a few weeks ago, and the price dropped to ~$2 for 87. Avg was ~$2.09 elsewhere. Jumped $.10 last week to an avg of $2.19ish, and has dropped since to ~$2.08. Gotta fill up tomorrow, as I'm on fumes. :( Not only are the CBJs wa$ting my $$$ on the ice, but they coo$t me $$$ driving to the games. :mad: :gomer:

-Kevin

Public transportation.

skaven
11-17-05, 08:11 PM
saw BSS in town 2 weeks ago :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Man, they rock, you suck and we could totally highjack this thread. :gomer:

dando
11-17-05, 08:23 PM
Public transportation.
Sorry, holmes. Not from where I live and work. Plus, a lil' one kinda restricts that in case of emergency. :)

-Kevin

indyfan31
11-17-05, 09:10 PM
I leave the country for 2 weeks and the price drops 30 cents a gallon, down to $2.39 around here.

Andrew Longman
11-17-05, 09:59 PM
Paid 2.33 for premium this ayem. Full service too (of course, this is joyzee)

trish
11-17-05, 10:04 PM
$2.25 last Sunday for regular at the Shell station.

Ozarkian
11-17-05, 10:33 PM
$1.98 out our way at the corner BP - $1.93 on the Missouri side due to lower gas taxes.