PDA

View Full Version : Baseball: Time to Gloat

B3RACER1a
07-10-05, 11:49 PM
So, halfway through the season already. My hometown Cards are 11.5 games up on 2nd...lol. :thumbup: Chi-town White Sox smoking everyone also.

So, who makes the 2nd half charge? Who will fade? How's your home team?

Dr. Corkski
07-11-05, 01:35 AM
The A's have been red hot the return of Bobby Crosby, and just swept the ChiSox this past weekend. Even that long reliever Zito is pitching well into the 7th. Harden-Haren-Blanton-Saarloos have been consistently good. They probably won't make the playoffs this year but everytime you start to doubt Billy Beane the players prove him right.

RTKar
07-11-05, 08:01 AM
I'm a Cubs fan, I'll leave it at that.

(perfecting futility since 1908)

Racing Truth
07-11-05, 05:33 PM
Farking White Sox. :mad:

Indians are 47-41, 2 gms. out of the Wild Card. Sorely in need of right-handed bat (:cough:Mike Sweeney:cough: )

dando
07-11-05, 08:41 PM

Indians are 47-41, 2 gms. out of the Wild Card. Sorely in need of right-handed bat (:cough:Mike Sweeney:cough: )
Shouldn't you be cursing the Yanks? :gomer: 1 game over for the roadie that included the BoSox, Bmore, and Yanks is better than I expected. Don't worry, be happy. :)

-Kevin

cartman
07-12-05, 04:02 PM
My beloved Atlanta Braves seem to be trudging along and may have a shot at a 14th straight consecutive division championship. I'm surprised yet happy how well they seem to be doing with all of the injuries they've endured and a pretty rocky spell there for about a month.

I feel for those of you that are fans of teams that don't perform very well very often, but to be honest I'd almost rather see the Braves not make the playoffs than make the playoffs and choke yet again. The Braves have the worst post-season choke syndrome that I've ever seen in any sport. Their 13 division titles with only one national title is way worse than certain NFL teams that have been to 4 consecutive superbowls and lost.

Good luck to the Red Sox, last year's playoff series with the Yanks was unbelievable.

Poo-poo on you Yankees, I hope your new found losing ways continue.

For anybody that happens to be a Devil Rays fan.....I'm sorry.

Stu
07-12-05, 04:46 PM

Hey alright, Tribe fan.

Dude, I don't want Sweeney though. He would be a good addition, but I don't think he is the answer. Although now that Boone is starting to hit, I'm wondering who might be the answer.