PDA

View Full Version : CDW

Hard Driver
07-10-05, 05:44 PM
Good sponsor. I buy a lot of stuff from them and will buy more now. Is this one off or for more races? (I missed the pre-race and 1st half of the race)

nrc
07-10-05, 05:45 PM
Good sponsor. I buy a lot of stuff from them and will buy more now. Is this one off or for more races? (I missed the pre-race and 1st half of the race)

This race and Edmonton, I hear.

coolhand
07-10-05, 07:40 PM
all canadian races

dando
07-10-05, 08:02 PM
This race and Edmonton, I hear.
Weren't they on the car in Cleveland, too?

-Kevin

coolhand
07-10-05, 08:03 PM

-Kevin

it was blank at clevland

Dr. Corkski
07-10-05, 08:21 PM

-KevinWeren't you there? :gomer:

nrc
07-10-05, 08:32 PM
Weren't you there? :gomer:
Wilson spent so much time in the weeds at Cleveland that it was kind of hard to see whether there was anything on the sidepods. :D

dando
07-10-05, 08:35 PM
Weren't you there? :gomer:
Uh, yeah...from about a 100 yards away, with cars travelling >100mph. For some reason, I swore I saw CDW on one of the cars, as I was actually thinking about CDW while I was there, and I have never shopped them. Wilson's car was void of anything other than the #9. Too many red & white cars to ID one specifically.

-Kevin

dando
07-10-05, 08:36 PM
Wilson spent so much time in the weeds at Cleveland that it was kind of hard to see whether there was anything on the sidepods. :D
Not as much as stoopid Mario. Wilson had more pit stops than laps completed. ;)

-Kevin

Al Czervik
07-11-05, 09:49 AM
http://www.cdw.ca/WebContent/land/page/Canada/RuSPORTsponsorship.asp

"...Indy racing..." :shakehead

Easy
07-11-05, 10:21 AM
The sponsorship is from CDW of Canada, not CDW corporate which is all of about 3 minutes from Newman-Haas.

Insomniac
07-11-05, 11:29 AM
Not as much as stoopid Mario. Wilson had more pit stops than laps completed. ;)

-Kevin

He only went off twice, once because Wilson took him out.

Insomniac
07-11-05, 11:32 AM

The event is called the Molson Indy.

nrc
07-11-05, 11:32 AM

Alas, those canucks don't know what Indy means.

Hard Driver
07-11-05, 12:39 PM
They need to get Molson to start using the "champcar" name.

Too bad it is not for the whole season. I sent a photo to my CDW rep (which I talk to all the time). I can tell he is not a race fan since he called it a rear "fin" instead of wing in his response.

devilmaster
07-11-05, 01:42 PM
Well, I guess its good that CDW at least put it on their website, there have been past sponsors that didn't bother doing anything with their web content. Stupid that CDW.com didn't at least put a link congratulating their Canadian branch.

Its good to get a photo of Justin holding the trophy, but his suit is sponsorless. Put a shot of the car in there with them....

jonovision_man
07-11-05, 02:19 PM
They need to get Molson to start using the "champcar" name.

Molson has worked for years building the "Molson Indy" brand. It's how the race is known, and the fact that the word "Molson" gets repeated over and over in the press for free means "stay with it!"

jono

Audi_A4
07-11-05, 02:29 PM
Molson has worked for years building the "Molson Indy" brand. It's how the race is known, and the fact that the word "Molson" gets repeated over and over in the press for free means "stay with it!"

jono
on the tv broadcast it was the MOLSON GRAND PRIX OF TORONTO no mention of indy

Al Czervik
07-11-05, 02:31 PM
The event is called the Molson Indy.

Props to CDW. They changed their web page this morning reflecting the win :thumbup: .

The original text on the page mentioned something along the lines of "check out the CDW car as it races in the exciting Indy series" or something to that effect. That was reason for the :shakehead

Andrew Longman
07-11-05, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=Hard Driver]They need to get Molson to start using the "champcar" name.QUOTE]

Could be tough. My wife's cousin, who lives in TO, always asks if "We're comin' on up for the Indy down at the Expo, eh?"

This year I wish I could have said, "Yoo betcha, doncha know!"

indyfan31
07-11-05, 11:10 PM
Excellent. They've got a link right on the front page AND a reminder of the next race in Edmonton. I like it.

More "sponsors" should do this. It costs very little to create even a single page to show their involvement in the series.

pchall
07-11-05, 11:22 PM
CDW.ca seems to really like their involvement. Maybe they should invite some folks from Chicago to the race in Montreal.

Jervis Tetch 1
07-11-05, 11:31 PM

jonoWhile I take the odd peak over at the Crapper's Forum (I would NEVER post there), Jono ALWAYS keeps the flag flying for CC and has taken his lumps (but heartily smacks 'em back) over the Molson Indy deal.

You'd think those morons on crack would get over it, yet whenever Molson and Indy are used in the same sentence, some of those jerks get their panties in a tizzy.

Keep both I say (MOLSON INDY)...that'll pizz them off again! :laugh:

nrc
07-11-05, 11:44 PM
http://img.cdw.com/canada/land/page/rusport/car_11.jpg
Justin needs a new driving suit. This one makes him look like an Oompa Loompa.

Maybe they can get CDW U.S. to kick in for a new one in Denver. :D

CART T. Katz
07-12-05, 01:20 AM
the way i see it, the canadians DO know what indy means, and it isn't that manufactured side-by-side crapwagon side-by-side action side-by-side all side-by-side the side-by-side time side-by-side-by-side-by-side.

i say we could even still call them indy cars, because in reality THEY ARE. anton owns the name, we still have the history.

devilmaster
07-12-05, 01:45 AM
the way i see it, the canadians DO know what indy means, and it isn't that manufactured side-by-side crapwagon side-by-side action side-by-side all side-by-side the side-by-side time side-by-side-by-side-by-side.

you said 'side' only 14 times. Pffft. You'd never work out as a twirl announcer. :D ;)

jonovision_man
07-12-05, 08:44 AM
While I take the odd peak over at the Crapper's Forum (I would NEVER post there), Jono ALWAYS keeps the flag flying for CC and has taken his lumps (but heartily smacks 'em back) over the Molson Indy deal.

You'd think those morons on crack would get over it, yet whenever Molson and Indy are used in the same sentence, some of those jerks get their panties in a tizzy.

Well the argument I made over there is pretty much the same as I just made here.

When you say "Indy" in Canada most people think of the Molson Indy, not the Indy 500, and it's because of the hard work Molson has done to build that brand here in Canada. Everyone in Toronto knows what "Indy" means, it means a street race by the lake where PT is going to battle them hard, and will win or crash in the process. :D

jono

trauma1
07-12-05, 08:52 AM
a win in the 1st race they sponsor, maybe they will stick around for the rest of the season, JW is in the points race , be the right time for CDW to get on board for the rest of the season

TU Homer
07-13-05, 01:02 AM
While I take the odd peak over at the Crapper's Forum (I would NEVER post there), Jono ALWAYS keeps the flag flying for CC and has taken his lumps (but heartily smacks 'em back) over the Molson Indy deal.

Keep both I say (MOLSON INDY)...that'll pizz them off again! :laugh:

I WAS posting at the TF, but apparently challenged the favorite sons over at TF too much, and found myself "on vacation". Amazing to see the CCWS apologists put "on vacation" while the IRL apologists were allowed to spew.

What really amazed me was the "history" of IRL and the lack of history of champcars.

-TU