PDA

View Full Version : Well, well, well (spoilers)

nrc
07-10-05, 05:33 PM
Sounds like a good win for Bessette. But who cares about winners, right? We'd rather talk about who doesn't deserve attention because they didn't win. :p

# Lap 2: #12 LEGGE passes #6 KASEMETS for fifth position while #11 ZWOLSMAN posts the early fastest race lap to 1:09.095 (91.439 mph).
# Lap 14: #6 KASEMETS is putting a lot of pressure on #12 LEGGE for fifth position.
# Lap 21: The GREEN FLAG waves to restart the race. The restart is clean though all the drivers fight very hard for position. #12 LEGGE goes around #8 WIRTH for fourth place at Turn 1 and #6 KASEMETS passes #8 WIRTH as well for fifth place a few turns later.
# Lap 21: #12 LEGGE is back flagged for blocking #6 KASEMETS in Lap 17. She has to complete a drive-through penalty.

Passes for the lead, passes for position, should be fun to watch when it comes around.

Dr. Corkski
07-10-05, 06:02 PM
# Lap 21: #12 LEGGE is back flagged for blocking #6 KASEMETS in Lap 17. She has to complete a drive-through penalty.Those he-man hatin' rascal misogynsts must be out to get wimmen racers. :gomer:

Sucks for Zwolsman and Kasemets, but at least Bessette gets some good luck this time around.

nrc
07-10-05, 07:45 PM
Those he-man hatin' rascal misogynsts must be out to get wimmen racers. :gomer:

Sucks for Zwolsman and Kasemets, but at least Bessette gets some good luck this time around.
No, I'm sure she was blocking. She's still learning how we do things here.

I'm just curious how Kasemets found himself in that predicament to begin with. And Wirth? Did he leave his testosterone in his other pants?

Anyone know what the problem was with Kasemet's car?

Dr. Corkski
07-10-05, 07:55 PM
No, I'm sure she was blocking. She's still learning how we do things here.It was a joke. :gomer:

Unless you were there I am not sure how you knew she was blocking for sure.

I'm just curious how Kasemets found himself in that predicament to begin with. And Wirth? Did he leave his testosterone in his other pants?

Anyone know what the problem was with Kasemet's car?I heard he tapped the wall and got a flat tire outta it. Not sure about Wirth, maybe he wasn't looking towards a career as a lineman.

nrc
07-10-05, 07:57 PM
Unless you were there I am not sure how you knew she was blocking for sure.Put it this way, I really doubt that they would give her a drive through unless it was pretty blatant.

TorontoWorker
07-10-05, 09:53 PM
Put it this way, I really doubt that they would give her a drive through unless it was pretty blatant.

Her car always seemed to be twice as wide when coming into a corner. ;)

Insomniac
07-11-05, 11:41 AM
Unless you were there I am not sure how you knew she was blocking for sure.

Considering how ChampCar has officiated this season, it was probably obvious.

pchall
07-11-05, 12:41 PM
Considering how ChampCar has officiated this season, it was probably obvious.

At least CCWS had the sense to smack their grrl.

Insomniac
07-11-05, 02:10 PM
At least CCWS had the sense to smack their grrl.

Hehe, nothing like taking out an entire team and not getting any type of penalty.

RHR_Fan
07-11-05, 04:11 PM
It was a good race, the battle between Antoine, David and Charles. Would have liked to have seen Tonis and Katherine (6th place after a penalty sure isn't bad) do better, but that's racing.

~Nicole

nrc
07-17-05, 08:59 PM
Finally got to watch the Toronto Atlantic round. It was an excellent race. Bessette pulled a great pass on Martinez in the closing laps for the win.

It's pretty clear that they're not going to tolerate any blocking. According to the announcers they changed the interpretation of blocking from a second move to taking a defensive line. Legge was evidently warned for taking a line down the middle into turn four and then penalized for driving straight down the inside line.

Others did that later in the race and maybe they were warned as well, but one thing Legge did that I didn't see anyone else do is drift out at the exit to cut off Kasemets as he was trying to take the outside line work.

Sean O'Gorman
07-17-05, 09:22 PM
When did they air Toronto??

Dr. Corkski
07-17-05, 09:42 PM
When did they air Toronto??Yesterday.

Legge did drift out on Tonis but even I thought that was a bit harsh of a penalty, maybe on that yellow they should have just switched positions during the caution. As for driving down the middle of the straight, you gotta let these guys at least work for the pass.