PDA

View Full Version : Woo-wee that's hawt...

rabbit
07-10-05, 02:58 PM
I gar-on-tee! ;)

Insomniac
07-10-05, 03:17 PM
That was a great race. Congratulations Justin!!!

Team Forsythe: If you need a fuel engineer, I volunteer. :)

Insomniac
07-10-05, 03:20 PM
Ohhh, and Ronnie Bremer's engineer is Bud Bundy???

IlliniRacer
07-10-05, 03:27 PM
:thumbup: By me
:thumbup: Bayou ?

nrc
07-10-05, 04:24 PM
Ouch. Hated to see AJ go out that way. Tried just a bit too hard. When he figures out his qualifying setups he's going to reel off some wins.

Great run by Wilson to take the win.

Good job by the TV crew except that they missed the critical pass of Wilson on Tagz.

tantra
07-10-05, 04:46 PM
Had me concerned for a bit.
Thought we might have to watch a street parade for most of two hours, but the guys came through again.
Good racing, exciting errors, no injuries......a GOOD show!

Anteater
07-10-05, 05:29 PM
That was a crashfest, but exciting nonetheless. Congrats to Justin Wilson and RuSPORT!

I hope that people can tell that this is a Spoiler thread from the caption...

Hard Driver
07-10-05, 05:41 PM
Only saw the 2nd half, seemed like a good race by Justin. :thumbup:

Insomniac
07-10-05, 05:46 PM
Ouch. Hated to see AJ go out that way. Tried just a bit too hard. When he figures out his qualifying setups he's going to reel off some wins.

Good job by the TV crew except that they missed the critical pass of Wilson on Tagz.

I wish they would've shown it since there was some controversy around it.

TKGAngel
07-10-05, 05:51 PM

I'm amazed that no one was hurt considering how hard Dominguez hit AJ. Would it have been an option for them to red-flag the race and clean up the debris, and then let them run to the finish?

I'm glad that Wilson won, I thought Russo was going to jump out of his skin when Wilson overtook Servia.

devilmaster
07-10-05, 05:56 PM
Would it have been an option for them to red-flag the race and clean up the debris, and then let them run to the finish?

Probably not, due to tv time.

I'm glad that Wilson won, I thought Russo was going to jump out of his skin when Wilson overtook Servia.

Perfect timing to have an interview with the boss while his driver is probably standing harder on the p2p button than he is the gas. (he used all his remaining 29 seconds on that lap to pass servia.)

You could hear the team cheering like mad when the pass was made....

NismoZ
07-10-05, 06:11 PM
WHEN will the sound guy get together with the director...many times guys were upshifting at top revs...as they slowed down for a tight turn! :gomer: Sound in racing should get a lot more attention from TV, and I don't mean non-stop babble from the booth.

NismoZ
07-10-05, 06:18 PM
...pass "by" Wilson on Tag? I thought they gave it to him because the TAG pass was under yellow or something. What WAS that all about anyway? Also, the gate...Ralph said 225k once, then later said 175k TODAY...now I know THAT isn't true...weren't they hoping for 75k today? (they said 57k at Mazda for the bikes, weren't they expecting way more?)

Insomniac
07-10-05, 06:58 PM
I'm amazed that no one was hurt considering how hard Dominguez hit AJ. Would it have been an option for them to red-flag the race and clean up the debris, and then let them run to the finish?

I think it looked a lot harder than it was. Dominguez slid (hard) into him rather than driving into him. With the radiators it sounded bad (the crunching sound).

Insomniac
07-10-05, 07:00 PM
...pass "by" Wilson on Tag? I thought they gave it to him because the TAG pass was under yellow or something. What WAS that all about anyway? Also, the gate...Ralph said 225k once, then later said 175k TODAY...now I know THAT isn't true...weren't they hoping for 75k today? (they said 57k at Mazda for the bikes, weren't they expecting way more?)

I didn't hear the correction on air.

Wilson passed Tagliani at the time a yellow came out. Walker felt it was after but ChampCar said it wasn't so they left the grid the way it was for the subsequent restart.

Racing Truth
07-10-05, 07:24 PM
Before lap 50: Kinda slow

After lap 50: :thumbup:

It struck me later that you can tell Dinger is still young. The experienced champs know the car's limits, and don't push it beyond that. AJ's car was really sliding in the couple laps before he wrecked. I wasn't surprised, sadly, that he lost it.

Great pass on Oriol by Wilson for the win. :cool:

nrc
07-10-05, 07:37 PM
...pass "by" Wilson on Tag? I thought they gave it to him because the TAG pass was under yellow or something. What WAS that all about anyway? The lap chart shows Wilson behind Tagz (2,3) from the stops at lap 58 until Lap 69. From the press notes:

Lap 69 - #15 TAGLIANI is dropped back to third as Race Control has passed #9 WILSON around him, saying that Tagliani had passed them under the yellow flag.So either the press notes got it backwards, or Wilson passed Tagz on the restart and then Tagz got back around, but after the yellow.

coolhand
07-10-05, 07:54 PM
WHEN will the sound guy get together with the director...many times guys were upshifting at top revs...as they slowed down for a tight turn! :gomer: Sound in racing should get a lot more attention from TV, and I don't mean non-stop babble from the booth.

at one point that had "in-car audio" of PT while they were showing regular tower video around the track.

it was not insync with the camera at all

RaceGrrl
07-10-05, 08:27 PM
Dominguez' hit on AJ was scary as hell. I hate it when announcers say, "He's moving around, so that means he's ok." What they really mean by that is "he's moving around so that means he's not dead." Sheesh. Benjamin deserves a slap upside the head for that.

Very very scary. Ever since Zanardi's crash, any hard hit makes my stomach churn. And why was Dominguez so wide on that turn anyway? I guess I should go look at it again. I'm just glad they're ok, but it sure looked ugly.

coolhand
07-10-05, 08:35 PM
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/champcar/2005/tor/champcar-2005-tor-am-0102.jpg

big dude

theunions
07-10-05, 08:38 PM
Ohhh, and Ronnie Bremer's engineer is Bud Bundy???

Derek said Ranger, not Bremer.

nrc
07-10-05, 09:04 PM
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/champcar/2005/tor/champcar-2005-tor-am-0102.jpg

big dude
Matthew McGrory wins the 2005 Molson Indy Toronto!

Andrew Longman
07-10-05, 09:08 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

That was so much fun I've been grinning all afternoon

dando
07-10-05, 09:12 PM
big dude

No doubt. Must be 6'.

-Kevin

NismoZ
07-10-05, 09:27 PM
Announced crowd of 71k today, 160k overall...down 4k from last year.

JT265
07-10-05, 09:32 PM
Announced crowd of 71k today, 160k overall...down 4k from last year.

Should you be put on a suicide watch too?

rabbit
07-10-05, 10:58 PM

big dude
Tall guys rule. :cool:

NismoZ
07-10-05, 11:13 PM
Uh...no? :confused: Just info. You may interpret.

NismoZ
07-10-05, 11:15 PM
PS-Good thing Wilson won...picture would have looked strange with him standing on one side or the other! :)

Andrew Longman
07-11-05, 09:00 AM
Wilson is tall. Well over six feet as he was much taller than me when I saw him in Cleveland.

Funniest is watching him clown around with AJ who meet him eye to chest.

As for crowd being down from last year that does not jibe with something published last week that said sales were about 20% ahead of last year.

Also, wasn't something said on the telecast about it being a record crowd and Edmonton was a sellout?

Maybe the difference is comparing Reserved plus GA to Reserved only.

Stop it though. Who needs another attendance thread?

Easy
07-11-05, 10:24 AM
6' 4"

Insomniac
07-11-05, 11:26 AM
Derek said Ranger, not Bremer.

My bad, Andrew Ranger's engineer is Bud Bundy? :)

Sean O'Gorman
07-11-05, 11:51 AM
Pretty good race, why can't all street circuits be like that?

Andrew Longman
07-11-05, 12:14 PM
Pretty good race, why can't all street circuits be like that?

I don't know, the only street races I really disliked were Houston, Denver (year 1 only), Miami with the "jump", and the original Meadowlands layout.

Toronto is usually good, Vancouver was good, St Pete was great, I always like Australia.

I don't count Cleveland as a street race but its great and I think Edmonton has the makings to be even better. Holding out hope for SJ but people seemed convinced it will stink.

G.
07-11-05, 12:43 PM
I thought the race was entertaining as hell. I was cheering out loud, gasped out loud when Mario hit Dinger, I really thought we had a tragedy. The kids liked the crashes, Wilson's pass was beauty in motion. Luck would have the pit reporter with Russo during the pass.

PT can drive the snot outta anything (with fuel, that is).

My oldest, g., blames Seabass for for taking out PT, so that's good enough for me.

In honour of Wilson, I must say that it was one bloody brilliant performance! (full disclosure: I really wanted Oriol to win.)

(this stream-of-conscience post is missing something,,,,)

Loved PT's f-bomb on national TV. He runs out of gas while leading the race and CBS goes to his live radio transmission?!? WTF were they thinking?

pferrf1
07-11-05, 01:25 PM
He's 6'5" or 6'6"

rabbit
07-11-05, 01:44 PM
6'4", I have a picture of him and me at Cleveland last year. (I'm 6'8")

BTW, he can't give two-seater rides because there isn't enough leg room in the car.