PDA

View Full Version : Bob Jenkins, WTF???

Don Quixote
07-09-05, 07:39 PM
When did he start hosting the speednews show? Where is the puking emoticon when you need it? :saywhat:

pchall
07-09-05, 07:44 PM
:puke

Not here.

Sean O'Gorman
07-09-05, 08:19 PM
I think since early June.

It could be worse, he could be doing Champ Car races again...

theunions
07-09-05, 10:43 PM
It was earlier than that, then he went on hiatus in May to go on his usual IMS broadcasting duties.

And he's still making gaffes - during the Le Mans recap he called the crashing Aston Martin driver "Derek" Turner.

Ziggy
07-09-05, 10:57 PM
And he's still making gaffes - during the Le Mans recap he called the crashing Aston Martin driver "Derek" Turner.

and we all know it really was Ike,,,,,,,,,,,,,

slapaho racing was'nt it?

Steve99
07-10-05, 01:15 PM
There was a close 3-way finish in a USAC race, so yesterday during the highlights Jenkins had to compare it the IRL finish. :shakehead

mueber
07-14-05, 06:42 PM
I emailed Speed Channel that if Baghdad Bob was the host of Speed News, I'd decline to watch. Since then, I've discovered that I pretty much know all the results I care about before the show comes on, so I haven't been watching it lately anyway.

JohnHKart
07-14-05, 07:00 PM
I never watch it.....too many races on hard drive I'm watching when Speed News is on....I watch it all on tape delay....No need for this show at all. That chick is hot what is she...Mexican, Indian, Puerto Rican?

John

JohnHKart
07-15-05, 06:20 PM
Oh and forgotten in all of this.....as annoying as Bob has become because of his pro IRL stance and anti Cart views (and horrible crappy job he did last year as the inexplicable surprise host of Cart races, he was once host of Espn's Speedweek and did a great job there. Back in the day 80's and 90s, there were very few other weekly racing shows, no internet, so Speedweek was one of the only places to get racing info. I will never forget how excited I was just to hear Derek Daly's phone call from Australia about Nigel Mansell in qualifying at the first Cart race in 93.

John

JoeBob
07-15-05, 06:39 PM
And, in an unrelated story, Paul Page is in Edmonton this weekend. He'll be doing the play by play of the race for Global in Canada. Memo Gidley will be the color commentator.

oddlycalm
07-15-05, 09:45 PM
Jenkins is a pathetic fool. Anyone that can be around racing as long as he has yet still not know a thing about it is too stupid for words and doesn't deserve the job. I never watched the show, so I would have missed him anyway.

oc