PDA

View Full Version : Rocketsports

nrc
07-09-05, 12:04 PM
What the heck has happened to Rocketsports this year? I don't believe that either RHR or Glock suck nearly has bad as their performances this season. They've only two decent runs between them this season.

trish
07-09-05, 12:27 PM
money as always

Insomniac
07-09-05, 01:21 PM
I never thought I would say this, but it seems that Rocketsports wasn't a top team technically. It was Tagliani that made them look better than they were. Just look at his performance at Walker this year in their first year with Lolas.

Andrew Longman
07-09-05, 02:49 PM
I never thought I would say this, but it seems that Rocketsports wasn't a top team technically. It was Tagliani that made them look better than they were. Just look at his performance at Walker this year in their first year with Lolas.

Are you saying Phillipe was right about complaining about the Rocketsport equipment?

Insomniac
07-09-05, 04:07 PM
Are you saying Phillipe was right about complaining about the Rocketsport equipment?

I don't recall what his complaints were, but if I recall, they came out after he got the boot. I guess what I'm saying is this. RHR is a pretty good driver and has been in ChampCar long enough to show he has talent. Walker just got Lolas and Tags is driving the heck out of them. So I'm attributing their past success (again I can't believe I'm saying this ;)) to the driver rather than the team/crew. So the drop-off is the guys in between the wheel and engine, not the team.

coolhand
07-09-05, 04:34 PM

i think it was money. once johnson controlls left they lost alot of funding, no more hospitality either

FanofMario
07-09-05, 04:47 PM
Whatever, it is a damm waste of talent. RHR and Timo are better than the crap they have been dealt with. :shakehead

Insomniac
07-09-05, 04:56 PM
i think it was money. once johnson controlls left they lost alot of funding, no more hospitality either

For some reason I thought Johnson Controls was like Forsythe having Indeck on their cars.

Sean O'Gorman
07-09-05, 05:27 PM
For some reason I thought Johnson Controls was like Forsythe having Indeck on their cars.

Gentilozzi's old Trans-Am teammate Bill Saunders was affiliated with Johnson Controls in some way, not I'm not sure of the exact connection.

RHR_Fan
07-09-05, 05:56 PM
Today Ryan said that the car was terrible. He's not happy. But on the bright side he's feeling better from his MKE accident.

~Nicole

coolhand
07-09-05, 05:59 PM

nope, they were a real sponsor, when left so did Gent's big hospitality unit except for a few races

spinner26
07-09-05, 10:11 PM
Is Robin Hill still the CCWS crew chief or team manager or whatever?

Jervis Tetch 1
07-10-05, 12:22 AM
Yes, Hill is still with the team along with Phil Howard. Not sure what's up with those guys. But since I don't like PG, I'm happy...not so for some of the other guys though and that includes RHR and Timo. They definitely deserve a helluva lot better.

Insomniac
07-10-05, 10:31 AM
One other thing I noticed is he (PG) isn't on TV anywhere close to as much as he was in 2003.

Jervis Tetch 1
07-10-05, 03:42 PM
One other thing I noticed is he (PG) isn't on TV anywhere close to as much as he was in 2003.That's a good thing as he certainly isn't a Paul Newman in the movie star good looks category.

Insomniac
07-10-05, 04:27 PM
That's a good thing as he certainly isn't a Paul Newman in the movie star good looks category.

But he always had something to say, like PT before he mellowed out. :)

Dr. Corkski
07-10-05, 06:06 PM
One other thing I noticed is he (PG) isn't on TV anywhere close to as much as he was in 2003.They can't fit him onto the screen without HDTV. :gomer:

This season goes to show that RHR can't do much when he isn't handed a car with cruise control.

TKGAngel
07-10-05, 06:24 PM
But he always had something to say, like PT before he mellowed out. :)

Maybe he was told by KK and GF that he should keep his mouth shut?

Insomniac
07-10-05, 06:56 PM
They can't fit him onto the screen without HDTV. :gomer:

This season goes to show that RHR can't do much when he isn't handed a car with cruise control.

He did a prety good job with ASTJ and Reynards in 2003.

Dr. Corkski
07-10-05, 07:02 PM
He did a prety good job with ASTJ and Reynards in 2003.In the 2 good races when car was hooked up.

Racing Truth
07-10-05, 07:16 PM
money as always

Gentilozzi may be many things (few good), but short on money isn't one of them I should think.

The answer: People. PKV has hired the right people; Gentilozzi, not surprisingly, has not.

trish
07-10-05, 07:25 PM
Gentilozzi may be many things (few good), but short on money isn't one of them I should think.

The answer: People. PKV has hired the right people; Gentilozzi, not surprisingly, has not.
I didn't say he was short on it, just maybe unwilling to spend it at this time.

coolhand
07-10-05, 08:04 PM
He did a prety good job with ASTJ and Reynards in 2003.

he got lucky in surfers and mid-ohio was one of the few courses that favored the reynard over the lola. RA was another place that car was competitive,,,see Haberfeld last year

coolhand
07-10-05, 08:05 PM

its more so of money, PKV had the cash to hire who ever they wanted. McGee, Da matta, Brown

dando
07-10-05, 08:15 PM
I didn't say he was short on it, just maybe unwilling to spend it at this time.
I think it's more an issue of spending his $$$ rather than OPM.

-Kevin

fourrunner
07-10-05, 08:27 PM
Gentilozzi certainly isn't in the Kevin & Gerry league of millionaire/ billionaire

We don't know what percentage of Champ Car is on paper, or how much he had to commit there financially .. I doubt he was given a free ride, he might have gotten by on his Good Looks though ;)

Plus he has other Racing Enterprises

Plus How liquid is his Millions?

I really don't think he's a Michael Andretti coasting on other peoples Money with no personal risk

These are just things to consider ....

Insomniac
07-11-05, 11:33 AM
he got lucky in surfers and mid-ohio was one of the few courses that favored the reynard over the lola. RA was another place that car was competitive,,,see Haberfeld last year

I didn't say he was a front runner, just that he did well considering he was in a Reynard and most were in Lolas. He did better than many in Lolas in a car that was at a disadvantage to start with.

Andrew Longman
07-11-05, 12:25 PM
I don't recall what his complaints were, but if I recall, they came out after he got the boot. I guess what I'm saying is this. RHR is a pretty good driver and has been in ChampCar long enough to show he has talent. Walker just got Lolas and Tags is driving the heck out of them. So I'm attributing their past success (again I can't believe I'm saying this ;)) to the driver rather than the team/crew. So the drop-off is the guys in between the wheel and engine, not the team.

Phillipe got booted when he withheld his check. He withheld his check because he thought he was getting inferior equiment (at least that's what he said). We all laughed because presumably Tags was getting the same stuff and doing reasonably well.

Insomniac
07-11-05, 02:09 PM
Phillipe got booted when he withheld his check. He withheld his check because he thought he was getting inferior equiment (at least that's what he said). We all laughed because presumably Tags was getting the same stuff and doing reasonably well.

It's easy to assume the ride buyer is a crappy driver. Plus, he is French!