PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk Toronto

Andrew Longman
07-08-05, 04:30 PM
Enough about mergers, Danica and engines.

Tracy is on pole. Surprising given that his practice times were mediocre.

Rusport stuck in the middle. I wonder if Justin will find all the speed he found late in Cleveland (Sun morning). Still they seem a bit stalled.

Thrid week in a row PKV are quick out of the box. Are they now in a class with NH and Forsythe?

Neither Sperifico are showing they are the wanker's wanker.

rabbit
07-08-05, 04:47 PM
Lots of interesting things:

-Tagliani/Walker continues to look like the surprise of the season.
-Phillipe (albeit slightly) quickr than Ranger.
-Post-Tag Rocketsports hanging out with Marshall and the Coyne drivers of the week.
-After a great showing at Cleveland, Servia a full second off Bourdais.

coolhand
07-08-05, 05:34 PM
-Tagliani/Walker continues to look like the surprise of the season.

I cannot decide who is surprising me more. Tag or Walker?

4th place in quals

Racing Truth
07-08-05, 05:41 PM
I cannot decide who is surprising me more. Tag or Walker?

4th place in quals

Amazing what a steady infusion of $$$ will do for a team. Still, I suspect that, fuel strategy aside, a 4th or 3rd is about Tag's limit, IMHO.

Tracy being fast anywhere doesn't surprise. Being fast at, essentially, his home race is really no surprise.

I have a hunch Rusport will figure it out.

coolhand
07-08-05, 05:50 PM
I have a hunch Rusport will figure it out.

do you think Da matta has a better shot? I dont see jimmy winning it but i can see him comming in the top 6

Racing Truth
07-08-05, 06:18 PM
do you think Da matta has a better shot? I dont see jimmy winning it but i can see him comming in the top 6

The way Shorty's been going, he's always going to be one of the one's to beat. IIRC, was PKV bringing new parts in for this weekend.

KLang
07-08-05, 06:35 PM
-Post-Tag Rocketsports hanging out with Marshall and the Coyne drivers of the week.

We went on the VIP pit tour this afternoon, basically since you can't walk behind the pits, ala RoadAmerica, they let you walk down pit road in front of the pits. I didn't really notice Coyne but Rocketsports stood out to me as the least professional looking. On the other hand, I don't recall what Walker's operation looked like in the past but the Team Australia pits looked first class.

Decent and very enthousiastic crowd. Reminded me of the good ole days at RA. And boy, does Toronto have some great looking women. :cool:

Interesting observation in the paddock: Big crowd of people by da Matta's area trying to wave him over for autographs. He pretty much ignored the group while I was there. A little farther down, Servia was mobbed and signing things right and left. I think Servia isn't used to the attention and enjoying it.

TorontoWorker
07-08-05, 09:50 PM
Enough about mergers, Danica and engines.

Tracy is on pole. Surprising given that his practice times were mediocre.

Not really. I noticed he was doing sections fast in the morning but not linking them together - I think on purpose.

In the afternoon session he was one of the few drivers swerving around a huge bump at the 300 ft marker just before corner three that was making everyone else's car upset when they crashed over it. I heard from the com that he was doing the same at a bump into station 8 as well.

This bump is going to be trouble on race day first lap... :eek: Someone mid pack is going to go sideways off this.

Seabass was looking smooth but never really found a hole through some of the slower traffic when he was on a hot lap. I just get the feeling that he doesn't like this track after watching him for a few years here.

Jimmy had a HUGE moment going into three today - a real tank slapper under braking. At one point we thought he was going to go 90 degrees into the flag area at three and at the last moment cranked it away from the wall, did a half spin and kept the power on and away he went. A Kodak moment! The fans liked it - the crew at 3 looked like they were recovering from a Deer in headlights mode!

Andrew Longman
07-09-05, 06:48 AM
Thanks. No substitute for actually being there.

Watching Wilson and Ranger in practice go through the last two turns at Cleveland you could tell they would be quick even if the lap times didn't show it.

I also remember last year Bourdais spent much of one practice going slowly to the starting line and then hitting it. I presume this was to practice his starts and time the braking points which can be tricky in a crowd on the first lap there.

Anyway, timing and scoring don't tell half the story

Shadow
07-09-05, 09:01 PM
Don't forget to take a short break and visit the Canadian Motorsport Hall of Fame which is on the CNE grounds and is open the entire weekend.

www.cmhf.ca