PDA

View Full Version : In case everyone has forgotten.....

Wally
07-08-05, 04:26 PM
There is another race this weekend and its a sellout.
Check out Valentino and Colin's vintage livery............ :thumbup:

http://www.cyclenews.com/ShowStory.asp?HeadlineID=7870

coolhand
07-08-05, 05:38 PM
sweet!

i wish i had speed channel

Dr. Corkski
07-08-05, 06:25 PM
Sweet liveries. But what's this Laguna Seca track you speak of?

:gomer:

Insomniac
07-09-05, 01:53 PM
Sweet liveries. But what's this Laguna Seca track you speak of?

:gomer:

It's the one people from San Jose won't travel to. ;)

NismoZ
07-09-05, 06:10 PM
Way to go Nicky! Three Americans on the 1st two rows. LOTS of non-San Jose people there...at a REAL track! :D (has the American to be on the pole for a USGP on FOUR wheels been born yet?)

Wally
07-09-05, 07:37 PM
Yo Nicky........ :thumbup: :thumbup:

stroker
07-10-05, 08:43 PM
I missed most of the race, but it appears that NH has come through. I was rooting for Rossi just because of the retro paint scheme, but what the hell.

Looks like they had a really good crowd. Be nice if they could use that event as a springboard for Superbike in the country...

coolhand
07-10-05, 08:47 PM
is there anyway to get video of the race if you dont have SPEED?

anyone know where to download it? :cry:

Badger
07-10-05, 08:48 PM
Moto GP is something I'll normally put on when I see it while flipping through the channels, however, with Nicky on the pole, at his home track, I made sure to watch this. Nicky didn't disappoint unless you wanted a close race cause he led flag to flag. It was also great to see another American (Edwards) finish second.

coolhand
07-10-05, 09:09 PM
Moto GP is something I'll normally put on when I see it while flipping through the channels, however, with Nicky on the pole, at his home track, I made sure to watch this. Nicky didn't disappoint unless you wanted a close race cause he led flag to flag. It was also great to see another American (Edwards) finish second.

both are great riders but these are their best results of their motoGP careers.

at the USGP? makes you go hmmmmmmmmm

but then again they knew the track better then anyone in the field

NismoZ
07-10-05, 09:20 PM
I know, I was wondering about an FIM "call" :) ...BUT, what the hay, whatever works, I guess. Kinda looked like Rossi was cruising, didn't it? (say, is he lighter than Danica?)

Badger
07-10-05, 09:28 PM
both are great riders but these are their best results of their motoGP careers.

at the USGP? makes you go hmmmmmmmmm

but then again they knew the track better then anyone in the field

A champcar going through the cork screw is awe inspiring. On those bikes, it looks scary as ****. Nicky and Colin both were very quick in that section and it simply was being more familiar with the track then thier competitors.

rjohnson999
07-10-05, 09:36 PM
I think it demonstrates that track knowledge is important in MotoGP. Hayden and Edwards finished significantly higher than their season average and some of the Europeans had serious problems with the track. Given what's happened to FIA/FIM tracks, it shouldn't be surprising.

I know, I was wondering about an FIM "call" :) ...BUT, what the hay, whatever works, I guess. Kinda looked like Rossi was cruising, didn't it? (say, is he lighter than Danica?)

coolhand
07-10-05, 09:42 PM
A champcar going through the cork screw is awe inspiring. On those bikes, it looks scary as ****. Nicky and Colin both were very quick in that section and it simply was being more familiar with the track then thier competitors.

i am sure you are right and that the other rides were uncomfortable making moves in that area

oddlycalm
07-10-05, 10:31 PM
A champcar going through the cork screw is awe inspiring. On those bikes, it looks scary as ****. Nicky and Colin both were very quick in that section and it simply was being more familiar with the track then thier competitors. Agreed, the usual front runners did struggle. I did see Gibernau pass on the entry to the corkscrew.

oc

oddlycalm
07-11-05, 11:32 AM
Kinda looked like Rossi was cruising, didn't it? (say, is he lighter than Danica?) Rossi looked like he was riding at 9/10's and protecting his points lead most of the time. I think he pushed hard to get into 2nd early in the race and discovered that catching Hayden would take some big risks. The two guys in front of him are not threats to him in the championship so it made no sense to take a chance of falling off while chasing them down on a track he was unfamiliar with and that they could ride in their sleep. This is the time of the season when the points leaders stop taking unecessary risks just to get another win... at least those with a functioning brain do. ;)

oc