PDA

View Full Version : Today @ the track

Audi_A4
07-07-05, 10:20 PM
I was @ the track today ... had an appointment downtown so I made a detour. Looks like it was a media day and all the local news crews were interviewing drivers on pitlane. I saw a ford GT40 pretty cool car! I saw Jimmy, PT, Tags all doing tv interviews. I saw a bunch of the cars being unloaded and prepared. Justin Wilson's car was going through tech and the team was asked to adjust some setting a little .. It was nice to see the teams and drivers in such a relaxed situation.

Anteater
07-08-05, 09:43 AM
Thursdays at the track is a whole different scene, something which I never experienced until last month at Cleveland. It was fascinating to watch the crews set up the pit stalls--they're like puzzles that unfold. One of the team members teased us about standing there for 2 hours instead of going to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, but we just couldn't tear ourselves away! Glad you were able to enjoy Thursday at Toronto. :)

nrc
07-08-05, 10:31 AM
I was @ the track today ... had an appointment downtown so I made a detour. Looks like it was a media day and all the local news crews were interviewing drivers on pitlane. I saw a ford GT40 pretty cool car!

Evidently they were announcing that the Ford GT will be available up North.

Audi_A4
07-08-05, 11:29 AM
Evidently they were announcing that the Ford GT will be available up North.
I thought they did that at the Auto show in the winter .. there were 2 or 3 GT's @ the auto show in Toronto.