PDA

View Full Version : McMurray to drive No. 6

coolhand
07-07-05, 03:51 PM
Roush Racing announced today that it has signed Jamie McMurray to a multi-year contract to drive its No. 6 NASCAR Nextel Cup entry commencing with the 2007 season. No decision has been made with regard to the driver of the No. 6 for the 2006 season.

----------------------
Ganassi's empire is falling

Brickman
07-07-05, 04:04 PM
Roush Racing announced today that it has signed Jamie McMurray to a multi-year contract to drive its No. 6 NASCAR Nextel Cup entry commencing with the 2007 season. No decision has been made with regard to the driver of the No. 6 for the 2006 season.

----------------------

LOL :laugh:

Jamie hasn't won anything in quite awhile and only has one win. He won in Sterling Marlin's car when Marlin was leading the points but got injured.

I thought he would be going to Penske #2 car.

trauma1
07-07-05, 04:09 PM
i thought he was engaged to rusty's daughter, maybe sam the sham is neckcar bound with RP

spinner26
07-07-05, 04:34 PM
i thought he was engaged to rusty's daughter, maybe sam the sham is neckcar bound with RP

He is and it was widely believed that Shammy would end up in the #2. Haven't heard anything lately though.

I'm glad Jamie made the move and announced it early. Cheap pulled the 'ol option clause on Jamie for this year or he'd a already been gone. Like Jimmy Spencer said a couple weeks ago, "There are BIG problems at Fatassi with Felix and it is at the top". Go figure.

coolhand
07-07-05, 04:43 PM
there were rumors that Roger would run one IRL car. I dont see it happening. But if Sam goes to the #2 car. and he has his ALMS program in full swing it shows that rodger has moved his investments away from the IRL.

who knows, maybe the Illmore engine rebuilding plant he bought in michigan is to rebuild the porche LMP2 motors instead of shipping them back to europe.

cameraman
07-07-05, 04:54 PM
who knows, maybe the Illmore engine rebuilding plant he bought in michigan is to rebuild the porche LMP2 motors instead of shipping them back to europe.

Rebuilding Porsches in an ex-Mercedes Benz owned plant.
Won't that cause some kind of really bad karma...

devilmaster
07-07-05, 05:03 PM

Nah, this is just chip being chip..... he went and announced 1 driver for sure from the busch ranks (and who really hasn't won alot, iirc) - he's still thinkin he's a great scouter of talent.....

Sean O'Gorman
07-07-05, 05:07 PM
Isn't McMurray a bit young to start peddling boner pills?

spinner26
07-07-05, 05:24 PM
Isn't McMurray a bit young to start peddling boner pills?

:D :eek: :rofl:

The Doctor
07-07-05, 06:06 PM
More like he'll be washing his fancy new outfits in Tide.

jcollins28
07-07-05, 08:47 PM
LOL :laugh:

Jamie hasn't won anything in quite awhile and only has one win. He won in Sterling Marlin's car when Marlin was leading the points but got injured.

I thought he would be going to Penske #2 car.

No mark my words Sam Da Sham will be in that #2 car. I have been saying that for the past year.

spinner26
07-08-05, 06:59 AM
No mark my words Sam Da Sham will be in that #2 car. I have been saying that for the past year.

By God! Your words have been marked! :laugh: :D

TKGAngel
07-08-05, 08:22 AM

Should we hang onto our socks as well? ;)