PDA

View Full Version : Devilmaster?

chop456
07-05-05, 01:27 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2005/07/05/drive-through-mall050705.html

Truckin' through the mall leads to arrest
Last Updated Tue, 05 Jul 2005 09:38:40 EDT
CBC News

Police in Edmonton have laid charges after a man drove his truck through a sliding door into the city's biggest shopping mall, calmly drove around for five minutes, then left through another exit.

The bizarre incident began at around 5 p.m. Sunday, when staff at the West Edmonton Mall heard a loud noise, they told local newspapers.

They looked up to see a blue Dodge Dakota wending its way through the Sears department store. The driver was wearing sunglasses, and a large dog was sitting at his side in the vehicle's front seat.

The pair left through another set of doors.

Both entrances were damaged in the incident.

Police stopped a truck in downtown Edmonton a short time later. The 35-year-old driver has been charged with dangerous driving and mischief, as well as driving a vehicle without a valid registration and insurance.

Animal control officials took control of the dog found in the truck.

:laugh:

RacinM3
07-05-05, 01:59 PM
The dog told him to do it.

Al Czervik
07-05-05, 02:00 PM
Elwood:
It would be alright if we could just get back on the expressway.

Jake:
This don't look like no expressway to me!

Elwood:
Don't yell at me.

Jake:
What the hell do you want me to do motorhead?

Elwood:
Well try not to be so negative all the time, why don't you offer some constructive criticism.

Jake:
You got us into this parking lot pal, so you get us out.

Elwood:
You want outta this parking lot? Okay.

devilmaster
07-05-05, 02:36 PM
:rofl:

I can understand this guy. You just wanna get in and out for one thing, the store you need is right in the middle of the supermall, parking is horrendous.....

The best line from the mall scene in Blues Brothers:

"This mall has everything!"

Or maybe its just us Dakota owners have to stick together...... :p :thumbup:

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/truck.jpg

[i]btw, thx choppy, that made my day.

devilmaster
07-05-05, 02:39 PM
Something else I noted - he drove it through the city's biggest mall - that could only be one of the world's largest - The West Edmonton Mall, main sponsor of the Champcar race there.

Champcar boys - work on this for some sort of tie-in..... run the two seater through the mall or something ;)

Rob
07-05-05, 02:58 PM
I wonder what he would have done to entertain himself if he and his wife were shopping at Wal-Mart (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8174) instead.

devilmaster
07-05-05, 03:01 PM
he and his wife

Huh? :confused: ;)

Besides, I don't want to talk about Walmart. I got into a flame war over a walmart in Vancouver on another forum I usually frequent, Mudcat.... ;)

cart7
07-06-05, 04:30 AM
Hmmm.. certainly brings new meaning to a term my 16 year old uses when he says he's going to go cruise the mall for chicks. :eek: :laugh: